Reave

Actually, sometime I think the "2 seconds timer" is long enough, but only in some maps with high density of mobs, eg. Docks or the River crossing. In those maps, sometime I could continue the stack for almost a minute, or, rarely, more.

But also, sometime, I think increasing the timer a bit, like to 3-5 seconds, would make the skill more appealing. This is more true in a fight with bosses who could run around / hiding, like Vaal or Piety, or you have to run around / retreat, like VoidBearer with LMP, or Vaal shooting his laser. I wouldn't mind having to rebuild the stack if I use another skill, but in those cases, having to go in front of their face is..... a risk at the cost of life.

But again... if the timer is too long, Reave would be the most safest and the most effective melee / semi-melee build. With an AoE cover almost the whole screen, a viable damage, better positioning against LMP mobs, and boosted surviving from shield... It's quite hard to balance it out.
Last edited by twintales on Sep 9, 2013, 7:01:56 AM
I'd like to confirm that it does in fact look like the Reave "hit bug" has been fixed. Ran through Lunaris Level 3 this morning and it seemed to hit everything around me. Prior to this, I noticed that I can stand on top of a totem, for example, holding the attack button down, and the totem would take no damage, some of the mobs around it took no damage, yet the mobs at the outside of the damage effect were taking damage. This is great news!
unstacked reave can hit several enemies without any aoe nodes, but they should be pretty close to each other. Though, i agree, stacks last too little time (and fade on use of another skill), it annoys.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
The hit box is still failing. I ran several maps and although improved it still missed 20 slashes in a row at one point and dozens several other times. I am at 87% accuracy and maps were 67-69 rares and magic.
On another note the timer is not the problem its the fact that any other skill unloads the stacks. If they dropped one by one and remained un-affected by other skills it would be much more viable.
ign slashzilla
"Buy when there is blood on the streets, even if the blood is your own."
Slashzilla Reave Guide- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/514128
SALES THREAD-http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524661
http://gyazo.com/da6159e17a1ec3710b9cb8601a145a9a
Last edited by Atlas305 on Sep 9, 2013, 9:52:42 PM
"
Atlas305 wrote:
The hit box is still failing. I ran several maps and although improved it still missed 20 slashes in a row at one point and dozens several other times. I am at 87% accuracy and maps were 67-69 rares and magic.
On another note the timer is not the problem its the fact that any other skill unloads the stacks. If they dropped one by one and remained un-affected by other skills it would be much more viable.

Hmm, I didn't see that behaviour yesterday. I did miss sometime when I just ran over to mobs with 8 stacks, tried to attack from the maximum length. This is highly possible a desync of enemy position. But the next, and after attack would hit without problem.

But 20 miss in a row... Are you using Multistrike with crazy speed? Maybe they were desync and has not arrived inside your AoE yet?
Last edited by twintales on Sep 10, 2013, 1:53:25 AM
"
twintales wrote:
"
Atlas305 wrote:

Hmm, I didn't see that behaviour yesterday. I did miss sometime when I just ran over to mobs with 8 stacks, tried to attack from the maximum length. This is highly possible a desync of enemy position. But the next, and after attack would hit without problem.

But 20 miss in a row... Are you using Multistrike with crazy speed? Maybe they were desync and han not arrive inside your AoE yet?

yes using multi with crazy speed. I hit /oos all the time and still nothing. the maps had heavy mods and it was a 6 man group. I run a gaming rig so its not on my end, was my instance so low ping. hope this helps. I am enjoying the skill but its a bit scary at times when in a pack
ign slashzilla
"Buy when there is blood on the streets, even if the blood is your own."
Slashzilla Reave Guide- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/514128
SALES THREAD-http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524661
http://gyazo.com/da6159e17a1ec3710b9cb8601a145a9a
Last edited by Atlas305 on Sep 10, 2013, 1:17:05 AM
"
Thristian wrote:
It's too easy to lose Reave levels. After a couple of seconds of inactivity? Sure. When switching to a different skill? Certainly. When accidentally attacking thin air because the mob you were attacking has just died? Not so fun, especially when there's a whole bunch of other mobs just about to take the place of their fallen comrade and a charged up Reave would be really handy.
Can you be more specific as to what you're describing here? As written this doesn't quite make sense to me - either you clicked a different skill, in which case an enemy being dead makes no difference to losingt he charges as you would have anyway, or you clicked Reave, in which case either a) you're shift attacking and will probably hit something else anyway with the AoE unless the whole pack is already dead, or b) you're not shift attacking and this simply causes you to start walking, which is freely interruptable and you can re-click on a new enemy within the 2 second timer to keep the stacks up - movement doesn't lock you to moving until you get where you clicked.

"
Thristian wrote:
It's too easy to lose Reave levels, part II: the no-mana case where I hit the Reave button and it switches to the default attack and cancels all my Reave levels. Honestly, I've got enough mana-regen that I'd rather my character sit there and do nothing, letting me keep my Reave levels, than use the default attack and let me start over.
I'll look into what can be done here - the specific case of Reave defaulting to the basic attack does seem like a bad interaction.
"
Can you be more specific as to what you're describing here?

Having tested this more with 0.11.5c (or whichever version just came out to fix the Reave accuracy issue), I think I must have misunderstood what was going on. Certainly it doesn't behave (or no longer behaves) as I described.

If I can reproduce the behaviour again, I'll post an update.
@Mark_GGG

Is it intended for Reave AoE to be able to attack mobs on a different height / platform? Like in the Battle Field or the Dock, with some stacks, or, better, full stacks, I could attack mobs standing on the higher / lower ground.

xxx ____mobs____
xxx|
xxx|
me | -- Reave AoE -->

Something like that.

If it's a bug, better got it fixed before people think it's a feature, and jump into Reave wagon, then crying when it got fixed :D
Last edited by twintales on Sep 10, 2013, 2:06:58 AM
"
twintales wrote:
@Mark_GGG

Is it intended for Reave AoE to be able to attack mobs on a different height / platform? Like in the Battle Field or the Dock, with some stacks, or, better, full stacks, I could attack mobs standing on the higher / lower ground.

xxx ____mobs____
xxx|
xxx|
me | -- Reave AoE -->

Something like that.

If it's a bug, better got it fixed before people think it's a feature, and jump into Reave wagon, then crying when it got fixed :D

It's the same with freezing pulse, or both nova spells, incinerate/flame totem, discharge, and basically with any spell with implied radius AoE and/or 100% penetration.
I bet you could achieve the same effect with Cleave with ebough +AoE boosts :D.

I've noticed it long ago and tend to think it's working as intended, since enemies on the other ledge level are actually supposed to be hit-able (or be able to hit you :P) with any kind of projectiles.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info