Reave

Since using another ability other than Reave causes you to lose charges, why not make the 8 charges of Reave expendable when used on a different skill than Reave? It will add a lot of synergy with other skills. 8x 20% More Area now spent on like Ice Nova or something, increasing the area by 160% More. That could be a lot of fun and open up new build designs, rather than making a dexterity cleave that alternates weapons, so you lose out on a TON of elemental damage potential.

Honestly, I think it's a terrible gameplay design to reward players for holding down one button. Min/Max, whatever, but who cares, that's not fun.
Shmo's Suggestions; Dozen Skills!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/402487
"
inDef wrote:
Overall Review:

Skill atm is very buggy. Can only hit 4-6 mobs at a time. The rest of the mobs hit play their "hit" animation, but take no damage whatsoever.

Being confined to 1 skill is extremely boring. Can't use curses, movement abilities, or power/endurance/frenzy charge abilities.

Could be fun, but needs SERIOUS tweaking.

Also, with desync still being a massive issue for this game...it renders the skill at least 20-30% less effective. I constantly think I'm hitting mobs and then I see my stacks disappear...I hit my /oos macro and I see the mobs are actually outside the cone.

Hope GGG takes all this criticism and meaningful feedback to heart. Not put their fingers in their ears and say "LALALLALLAALLAALA SKILL IS FINE CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALALA".

I noticed the same problems.

Also I am disappointed by its graphical appearance.

On the other hand the skill has great potential. In dungeon like areas it rocks even in its current form.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
killerlich wrote:
reave charge disappear after using whirling blade
Yes. Using any non-reave skill removes the stages of Reave you've built up, just like Incinerate

Hey Mark. After reading this I though I could make a build with 2 Reaves, 1 linked to Weapon Ele/Dmg Gemsand another one on Blind+PCoC/ultility gems.

But sadly I had to recognise that even if both reave gems have the same lvl "switching" from 1 Reave to another Reave still removes the skill counter.

Is this an intended mechanic?? I would appreciate a change so that one isnt totally bound to only using 1 Reave with a certain suppport gem combination (REAVE TILL I DIE)

Apart from that I think that Reave it totally awesome. I enjoy playing it much more then cleave.
It is possible to hit stuff without clicking on it (and risking more Desync) which is awesome. Finally a really good skill for dagger/claw!

Thx GGG
Last edited by MagicEngelspinner on Aug 23, 2013, 5:16:46 AM
I really hope they buff reave :D, that way CI crit dagger shield reave will dominate far more expensive Cleave builds easily (yes I am talking about Soul Taker XD).

Of course, Reave isn't really good for solo play compared to cleave, but in parties you don't need to curse the target since other party members do that for you. (As we all know, GGG focuses on party play and I am ok with that)

Also a protip: use surgeon quicksilver to reposition since you'll be recharging it quickly at endgame. Using pots does not remove reave stacks.

At endgame, you can keep surgeon resistance flask on at all times vs map Piety/Maegara given that you have 2 of them, since you will recharge them quick enough to never run out during those bossfights even if they have x1000 hp.

I suppose of interest when comparing to other dagger builds only double-strike + melee splash should be compared to, since "shield" really means a hell lot when looking at the overall picture of effective hp vs physical dmg, effective hp vs magical dmg and dps.

Like people said before: reave requires some actual mechanical skill.

But sure, by all means go buff it, I will laugh all the way to the bank :D.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
I'm really desappointed too about Skill Reave ....especially when you focus a "other allies cannot die" or a dangerous target you must hit down faster. cause you hit your focus, some mobs come close to you then your focus not receive damage anymore...only after you killed some mobs around.

Admit that was difficult with "other allies cannot die"

I hope you do not think your skill is perfect.
You just need to read the 20 pages allready wrote.
Last edited by meltaris on Aug 23, 2013, 6:22:35 AM
SO no answer yet why reave scales best with increased AoE, while attack speed builds get no bonus from it since multistrike and the 8 stack cap is all you need? Why yet again down this road, thought we would do thing differently but the same old passive trees are the ones that shine with this?
"
Ozgwald wrote:
SO no answer yet why reave scales best with increased AoE, while attack speed builds get no bonus from it since multistrike and the 8 stack cap is all you need? Why yet again down this road, thought we would do thing differently but the same old passive trees are the ones that shine with this?

Attack speed + crit builds gets more charges recharged per second. (Yes, you are supposed to use your pots)
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Reave stages are still resetting after I do a Curse. It says no such thing on skill.

Bug or intended?
IGN: Pumar, Pumam , PumarR , PumaPunch , PumaWander , PumaCleave, PumaSlams
Last edited by ropumar on Aug 23, 2013, 10:39:38 AM
"
ropumar wrote:
Reave stages are still resetting after I do a Curse. It says no such thing on skill.

Bug or intended?
a curse is still another skill. using a box or chest isn't a skill.
guys common: Reave is a complete mediocre skill. nothing fun and good about it. I played with it a few hours and its such a disappointment... Pfff this is the other side of GGG: they are able to create a nice arpg but melee they hate and dont play.. I fear for them whenthey go live : all the desync and sheity melee supports its horrible tbh..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info