ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
Ceryneian wrote:

LGOH scales with attack speed, not damage - the more number of times you land a hit (faster attacks, splash etc) - the more life you gain back.

Thanks for pointing that out i got mixed up because they removed dmgeffectiveness from attacks, using ds with LGOH now and i dont need to keep using bottles

"
Ceryneian wrote:

The problem is that you can never get to 75% Dodge like you can with Block, however it should still be a very strong combo - maybe even stronger because the build has more danger from spells instead of physical attacks and the +max to resistances is superb. I will try and test this when I get time, but let me know how it works for you!

i ve had some time to do more maps, did 2 bloodmagic maps so i couldnt run my grace anymore and was at 35% evade (with blind and 40%dodge thats 9.75%chane to get hit) still no troubles (might be a problem in some cases though) curently at 4,7k life so there is a buffer. after thinking this through (75spellblock 30dogde = 0.25*0.7=0.175 ... 17.5% chance to get hit by spells) im gonna skill spelldodge. Only thing after that is i need 50% evade so i can atleast blind people before they hit me 4 times(max is 2 in a row)

thx for the feed back it really helped me

oh because i keep reading armour vs evasion there is a vid of a guy with 8,8k life getting oneshot by Touch of god, and that spell will only has a 17,5% chance to hit so.. with luck you can face tank that bastard dominous.
take this build and start with a shadow and enjoy killing shit bearbreasted, a maruder or duelist will never look as cool (the build iteself is not so far inferior)

Last edited by Nigirsu on Nov 25, 2013, 12:08:59 PM
Given the context(full evasion+block), I was thinking about which would be the best trigger gem to use.

Cast when Damage Taken is out of the question since this type of character is not supposed to be hit 95% of the time.

The only other option is:
Cast on Melee kill but this does not synergize very well with AoE skills.

For example I am planning on using Cyclone (but this applies to Reave and other skills+Melee Splash). Usually you are hitting several mobs and they all die at the same time.

We don't really have many options.
I hope we don't have to get back to manually casting curses.

I was also thinking on a setup like this:
Cast on Melee kill(?) + Flame Totem + GMP + Blind
since I will not be using BoR.

EDIT:
Just tried this combination and it's not working.
Cast on Melee Kill must be linked with the main attack skill, same as Cast on Crit.
The only REAL trigger gem is Cast when Damage Taken and this doesn't really synergizes with an evasion build.
Last edited by nebunelux on Nov 26, 2013, 2:19:39 PM
Hi, nice build! im lvl 59 and having a little bit of trouble leveling at act 3 merciless. Now heading to the Duelist nodes.

resistances: 75/65/52/-48
ev. chance: 57%
block attack: 46%
block spell: 23%

GEAR

What should i improve first?
Last edited by Agustin_hh on Nov 27, 2013, 9:52:56 PM
Yr gear seems ok. It would be good if u can increase yr MH dps. Also try to q20 yr axe and yr gear, it helps.

Are u referring to spell hit monsters..? Most melee have that problem until they cap their spell block at 75%, which you will req to grab a Rath Globe.

Last edited by Xafniko on Nov 28, 2013, 1:43:00 AM
About the evasion entropy, I got one question.

When this entropy value is very high(>95), the next attack is a 100%hit since the hit chance cant not be lower than 5%. Here is a fatal problem of this entropy mechanism. If multiple targets attack simultaneously, they may all get the 100%hit chance. It is caused by the fact that the determination of whether hit/miss occurs prior to the 100 subtraction of entropy value(after u get hit).

Since your build has the second defense of block, this could not be a big problem. But as a pure evasion ranger, this is why a lot people get instant death.
this build is very very good and nice. There is one big problem however... If you dont buy a soul take for billions and billions of currency, you cant really attack much. I have 4% manaleech and 160 mana buffer and i always run out of mana after 3 times of useing my skill! Doublestrike uses 75 mana!!! :O

How can i solve this problem? i have 2% from tree and 2% from ring.

This is only a problem against bosses because normal mobs give me flask charges
Last edited by DoomsdayFighter on Nov 28, 2013, 6:42:46 PM
May not be the best option but i use Theif's Torment. the Mana on hit is insanely good for me as I NEVER have mana issues. the built in LGOH is just a huge bonus.
wow, THANK YOU, thats exactly what i need!! :D

EDIT: oh shit, you cannot use other ring :(, only way to make it work is to get a belt with resi
Last edited by DoomsdayFighter on Nov 28, 2013, 7:21:56 PM
"
wesleygjr wrote:
About the evasion entropy, I got one question.

When this entropy value is very high(>95), the next attack is a 100%hit since the hit chance cant not be lower than 5%. Here is a fatal problem of this entropy mechanism. If multiple targets attack simultaneously, they may all get the 100%hit chance. It is caused by the fact that the determination of whether hit/miss occurs prior to the 100 subtraction of entropy value(after u get hit).

Since your build has the second defense of block, this could not be a big problem. But as a pure evasion ranger, this is why a lot people get instant death.

It works a bit differently - you have 1 evasion entropy counter which is shared by all the mobs trying to hit you that are within a certain range. They will each increase your counter by their corresponding chance to hit. If you are fighting 5 white mobs for example - each hit they do will increase your counter. Another example is if you are fighting 4 white mobs with Kole - it's possible that your counter passes over 100 due to a hit from a white mob, OR it passes over 100 from a hit by Kole.

You can then see that evasion excels in 1v1, and it is nearly impossible for you to get hit twice in a row. You can also see the dangers: : a lot of surrounding mobs trying to hit you (Jungle Valley), or a fast hitting enemies (cyclone bosses).

The good thing is that you have a lot of benefits from Blind, Enfeeble, and Block which scales very well.

"
this build is very very good and nice. There is one big problem however... If you dont buy a soul take for billions and billions of currency, you cant really attack much. I have 4% manaleech and 160 mana buffer and i always run out of mana after 3 times of useing my skill! Doublestrike uses 75 mana!!! :O

How can i solve this problem? i have 2% from tree and 2% from ring.

This is only a problem against bosses because normal mobs give me flask charges

Thanks for the post. I mention some mana tips in the guide:
- Clarity (low level)
- Warlord's Mark (gives mana leech % on cursed enemies)
- Increasing size of your mana pool (increases the rate at which you can leech mana)
- Increasing physical damage of your weapon (increases amount of mana leech)
- Reducing attack speed (i.e removing linked gems, not using Frenzy charges, getting lower attack speed weapon)
- Extra mana leech on gear: Wurm's Molt belt, Slitherpinch gloves, Thief's Torment ring (as suggested by Zyglrox43 which I will add into the guide)

"
Agustin_hh wrote:
Hi, nice build! im lvl 59 and having a little bit of trouble leveling at act 3 merciless. Now heading to the Duelist nodes.

resistances: 75/65/52/-48
ev. chance: 57%
block attack: 46%
block spell: 23%

GEAR

What should i improve first?

I'm guessing you are having problems with spells? I would prioritize getting your resistances as close to 75% as possible - it would make a ton of difference. After that increase your block/life on the tree. Once you feel survivability is very strong, start increasing your DPS from weapon and tree.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 29, 2013, 12:20:41 AM
"
nebunelux wrote:
Given the context(full evasion+block), I was thinking about which would be the best trigger gem to use.

Cast when Damage Taken is out of the question since this type of character is not supposed to be hit 95% of the time.

The only other option is:
Cast on Melee kill but this does not synergize very well with AoE skills.

For example I am planning on using Cyclone (but this applies to Reave and other skills+Melee Splash). Usually you are hitting several mobs and they all die at the same time.

We don't really have many options.
I hope we don't have to get back to manually casting curses.

I was also thinking on a setup like this:
Cast on Melee kill(?) + Flame Totem + GMP + Blind
since I will not be using BoR.

EDIT:
Just tried this combination and it's not working.
Cast on Melee Kill must be linked with the main attack skill, same as Cast on Crit.
The only REAL trigger gem is Cast when Damage Taken and this doesn't really synergizes with an evasion build.

Haha, yup that's the problem, those gems do not suit a damage avoidance build that well. The best I have found is to link up Temporal Chains and Enduring Cry to a low level CWDT, and Immortal Call to a high level CWDT.

- I like Temp Chains because once you've taken a hit - you want to regen as safely and quickly as possible, and you may also want to escape. TC is perfect for that.
- Enduring Cry and IC are just to help mitigate subsequent physical damage if you happen to be in a very dangerous situation (i.e. Level 76 Academy bosses).
Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 29, 2013, 12:25:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info