The Infernal Blow HEAVY METAL Marauder - Build Guide (1.1 Updated!)

Posting in the hope that Ziggy sees and updates, been loving watching your vids on youtube mate! Keep it up
Update please! We need moar blood explosions on the screen!
since the OP hasnt updated his build yet, i'm gonna throw my idea of IB build

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBBLMFLRLZEuEUIBRNGJEZLho4Gj4aVRvIITQhVSftKaUt0jKJNug5DjrYOztAoEE_QzFN2E4qUEdQUFHmVElVtVcNV-JYY1nzXhNfP2BLYMRhIWSjah5yqXTtdud35XrvfNmBb4M4hNmE74dqjHaMz5BVkGyRzp48nrmezaIApzCnhKgYqWiplKyqtC-2QbndwBrBBMbYyZjSIdlh3D3eweSt51LsOO8O73zxrPIv9kg=

Mainly focusing on physical portion of IBs dmg, and some elemental dmg nodes near templar tree.

Also i dropped Blood magic since, i cant see how you can play without auras.

Im also interested in reading other IB players about multistrike gem? i dont see the point in multistrike, You are spliting your dmg into other targets, when IB is all about focusing and killing 1 creep fast to get the explosion

My IB 4L would be :IB + Melee splash + melee physical dmg + faster attack. 5l > added fire / elemental dmg ( havent tested wich gives more dps). 6L > Blood magic

Offtopic: Cast on damage taken + enduring cry + molten shell + decoy totem = OP
Ziggy posted an update for 1.0 on youtube for those that are keen try to it now. The video focuses on a lot of end game concepts and things that I'm yet to understand as a newbie at PoE but im going to try to emulate this build regardless!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGA0WGZiEL0

UPDATED FOR 1.0.0!

After many requests the update is finally here.

A few hurdles in changing over but 1.0.0 turned out to be a massive buff for this build.

We had to drop all defensive auras but with the new trigger gem setup it's actually hardier than it was before. Having a lot of the defensive side of things on trigger procs also means you can just focus more on blowing stuff up.

Some minor mana issues to deal with but all in all I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Check out the OP and linked video for details!
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
why you have different skill tree on forum and under videos on youtube. here you dont have blood magic but on oyutube videos i see 0/0mana ty man.
"
sveterka wrote:
why you have different skill tree on forum and under videos on youtube. here you dont have blood magic but on oyutube videos i see 0/0mana ty man.

If you are looking at the levelling builds then I used BM for levelling the build and later switched back to mana. Use the 1.0.0 skill tree and just grab BM as well while levelling.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
hey ziggy ,

*(sorry for spelling in advance i am not a native speaker)
first of all thanks a lot for all you have done and doing for the comunity and i really enjoy watching your vids . you really answering most of my questions regurding stuff and as a total noob i leared ALOT by watching the vids.

anyhow , me beeing a noob and new to the game doesnt change the fact that i am a hardcore junkie! :) . meaning i am gonna play nemesis legue

games are not worth it unless u have a risk to loose the time you put in (i dont thing playing is a waist of time unlike most of people , aspacially my wife!), it make it so much more fun and exiting.

i have been lvling a ranger and RIPed yesturday and understood that i enjoe melee more then ranged regardless the added dificculty. and been loving your build and the theorycrafting behind it , been breaking my teeth trying to turn that into a viable hardcore build , didnt come up wit ha tree yet but wanted to get an input if you can suggest a direction to go to make it hardcore viable , i dont mind low levels be harder as long as end-game is possible.

also you go so close to the dualist tree, is there a chance this build can be started as dualist and maybe have an edge doing this over marauder start?

*(on a side note i know u are busy but if you could even help me desighn and theorycraft a build similar to this viable for HC endgame i think every one will win. currently after 1.00 couldnt find a detailed good build / guide for HC(nemesis) gameplay)

thanks again and keep fighting the good fight.
I'm going to try this at hardcore. Btw, can you tell what font you are using in this pic:

Spoiler
?

It looks great!
"
ZiggyD wrote:
"
sveterka wrote:

If you are looking at the levelling builds then I used BM for levelling the build and later switched back to mana. Use the 1.0.0 skill tree and just grab BM as well while levelling.

"
ty man and 1 more thing - why take Melee Splash on Infernal, IB is in his basic form AOE. rly dont understand

EDIT i "got it"
Last edited by sveterka on Oct 27, 2013, 3:16:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info