[0.11.6] Noperative's REAVER - CI/Crit/Dagger Build! 54k Reave DPS! 75k Single Target!

"
Heissayen wrote:
Hey, im new on PoE and im following your guide. I dont understand why you take all those +%hp nodes if you are going to have 1 life in the end. Is it something I miss?
Nice guide, btw.

The hp nodes are used for levelling since ES gear early on is extremely lacklustre for defence. So we get HP like normal and respec out of them once we are ready for CI. That's why yyou will see HP nodes in the levelling builds but the final endgame builds at the bottom should have none, unless I made a mistake.

"
Rainlex wrote:
Whats a nice dagger for Level 45-50 and what Def and DPS should i have now?

Just relying on mightflays should be ok for this level. You can probably do fine with like 1.5k hp and tagging along in farming/progression parties since this build will be quite hard to level.

"
hiddy wrote:
Spoiler
"
Noperative wrote:
"
hiddy wrote:

If you were to give a rough estimate, how much currency would it take before the build becomes map viable? Not looking for exact numbers, but is a 6L required or can it be done with a 5L? Would it take 1, 5, or 20 exa? How would you break down your investment in gear? like 30% weapon 50% chest 20% rest? Just looking for rough estimations here :)

To start it off life-based in maps, you only need a 4L and a couple of chaos per piece of gear to get acceptable life and damage to do low level maps. It won't be anything spectacular and you won't be able to easily kill bosses.

My first start on this character as CI used this much currency:

2 ex for rainbowstrides
2 ex for dream fragments
~100 alts total to roll all my flasks
~fished out a random ring and ammy from my stash to use with physical dps stats and resists
2 ex for 5L ilvl 78 saintly, rolled to 600 es with ~40 chaos
~used self-found dagger with barely acceptable dps stats
10 chaos to roll a 400 es hubris
2-3 chaos to roll resists on es gloves
self-found shield with ~400 es

So overall, the most expensive parts to get were about ~7ex for my chest, rainbowstrides and dream fragments. Once I got those it was just looking for whatever drops I could scrounge together and crafting what I could not get myself.

If you cannot buy the chest (I am often told how hard it is to get a chest for my build) then it is acceptable to buy an armour/es chest with about 400 es and just 4L it to start mapping.

The overall amount I spent on my build after the initial phase, you can see the final products on the guide:

~30 ex on dagger, also a few attempts at eternal exalting it (total: 36 ex)
~Initialy 3 ex cost of saintly, later 6L'd it with a 10 ex lottery and exalted it twice afterwards (got str and block stun trash) (total: 15 ex)
~Exalted hubris twice for int and fire roll, (total: 2 ex 10 chaos)
~bought an archon for 3 ex, later exalted twice (total: 5 ex)
~bought shav's ring at a cheap price (total: 2 ex)
~found a really good amulet and ring from just alching every accessory I found in 75+ maps
~bought maligaros at 20 chaos
~3 ex for rustic sash

Total spent: ~65 ex

As you can see, at least half of my money went to acquiring the best dagger I could find. Afterwards about a quarter goes to a good 6L chest and then the shield and helm. The rest is just a few things I cobbled together over time with money laying around and waiting for deals. Rustic sash is a recent addition as it was as well-rolled as it could get.

Thanks for the awesome details, really helps quite a bit to get a better grasp on the requirements and what the build can do at specific gearlevels. Good stuff! (might want to add it to the main guide, I think it'll be helpful for some people :)

I'm currently working on similar build myself that your guide inspired me to make. Been thinking about a build like it for quite some time but I'm too inexperienced with the game (a few hundred hours /played only), your (very) in-depth guide was just invaluable! I know there's probably stuff I can improve on this, but it's the first go I have at the build, and will adjust it after I've had a chance to map with it and figure out any possible problems. Maybe you have some critisicm to give me? Thoughts? :) http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBVysHY-aBEVC71jvh4venK20ZwfOio3_GHNyTJ7QMRnGVIILHQYd6uK6TKjjBxSy_hq4V19eGVmPsGMNtEZYOSKc0_KvjhMBRcFLz6ha_h9vrY5matvcRL4_62-dHBl9qwuy0xUBVb1cMjQ1JBbWNv1FHPs-95vljGttMYCT951TVANfLt9M94kjuG614rtN-Mwz-KxnV_94rCsEA2xoQe_VLvjpe-pp4rR7dSIwL7LC5fKZ_7UEtH5eVUlM9X5f0j6axs7VIBLGVZp8n

It's currently claw, just because I have a really good low level claw (255dps, lvl 48) and value the added survival a bit more than the extra efficiency/dps of a dagger build while just starting out with maps. The goal is to respec to dagger (taking the same dagger nodes as you do) when I get enough currency to buy a proper dagger. I mostly chose witch because of personal preference. :)

Right now the blast radius/aoe nodes are in there for me to try it out (I assume the 12% increased aoe damage is added on top of all other modifiers making it better than just 12% physical damage for reave (the 12% being multiplicative with the other claw/pysical dmg modifiers, not additive), but please correct me if I've got this all wrong.) If it turns out to be ok/fun, I might pick up the other three 4% increased AoE nodes near Vaal Pact(below the Conduit node) aswell. It's probably not the most efficient build, but for some reason I just enjoy small quality of life stuff like increased AoE on reave, and I'm willing to give up some raw dps for it. Any thoughts are welcomed! :)

Points past 102 skill nodes I'll most likely put 3 points into the shield block/shield mastery nodes, then all remaining points into 6% ES nodes.

The build is mostly ok but it really depends on the gear level. The reason I take IR+US is because the amulet slot affords me a lot of DPS (something like 12k dps) and that for the most part, I cannot get comparable DPS increase no matter which passive nodes I was thinking of taking. However if you do not have access to a top-tier amulet, the eye of chayula is a good choice and speccing into those ranger damage nodes.

The reason I don't take the AOE nodes is because Reave stacks are a 20% more multiplier. This means that at 8 stacks the final AOE is ~4.3x the initial aoe while the AOE with blast radius is ~5x. So for me the increase in AOE is not worth a 6 point investment. 12% aoe damage should be increased, making it extremely little damage.

The ranger tree is fine, you will get good damage and block from it however it will be up to you whether you think you can get more damage out of a damage amulet.
"
Noperative wrote:
The build is mostly ok but it really depends on the gear level. The reason I take IR+US is because the amulet slot affords me a lot of DPS (something like 12k dps) and that for the most part, I cannot get comparable DPS increase no matter which passive nodes I was thinking of taking. However if you do not have access to a top-tier amulet, the eye of chayula is a good choice and speccing into those ranger damage nodes.

The reason I don't take the AOE nodes is because Reave stacks are a 20% more multiplier. This means that at 8 stacks the final AOE is ~4.3x the initial aoe while the AOE with blast radius is ~5x. So for me the increase in AOE is not worth a 6 point investment. 12% aoe damage should be increased, making it extremely little damage.

The ranger tree is fine, you will get good damage and block from it however it will be up to you whether you think you can get more damage out of a damage amulet.

Yeah, as I get better gear I'll probably respec and grab IR+US instead over the ranger nodes, but for now I think I'm better off investing my currency into a good dagger/chest. On top of that the added survival from the block/shield nodes will probably help me out quite a bit while I continue to gear up. (Also, I already had an eye of chayula laying around, so I took the easy route :)

I didn't know that increased AoE radius was additive with the full-stacked reave multiplier (I thought it first increased the base reave AoE radius, which then gets a massive boost from the 160% increased AoE at 8 stacks), if this is the case I'll probably spec out of it. Thanks for pointing this out! :)

As always, thanks for the response, it helps more than you know!
Last edited by hiddy on Oct 10, 2013, 4:02:48 PM
None of your gameplay videos work unfortunately :\
Also just wondering about this build once the 1.0 comes out if you will update. Im not sure Vaal pact will be obtainable anymore, in the video i seen of Chris playing its still in the middle of the skill tree and I dont see a linking path to get to it, only way i see is going straight down from shadow through ranger then up from duelist. Gonna be quite the build changer unless you guys find a path i havent.

IGN: Melo_mania
Last edited by Skull_Blaze on Oct 12, 2013, 12:27:36 PM
"
Skull_Blaze wrote:
None of your gameplay videos work unfortunately :\
Also just wondering about this build once the 1.0 comes out if you will update. Im not sure Vaal pact will be obtainable anymore, in the video i seen of Chris playing its still in the middle of the skill tree and I dont see a linking path to get to it, only way i see is going straight down from shadow through ranger then up from duelist. Gonna be quite the build changer unless you guys find a path i havent.

Ah sorry, seems there some kind of problem with twitch I need to address later.

Yes the build will be overall defunct in 1.0, but I will do my best to remake it and post it again. There's no helping it and I'm actually excited for the change.
Do you think this will kill CI shadow builds?
"
Skull_Blaze wrote:

Possibly. However in my opinion I think neither shadow nor duelist were suited for this anyway, so I'm fine with the build as a scion.
"
Noperative wrote:
"
Skull_Blaze wrote:

Possibly. However in my opinion I think neither shadow nor duelist were suited for this anyway, so I'm fine with the build as a scion.

Ah, yea. Keep forgetting can just do with a Scion. Not sure how this wont create loads of Scions since they have access to the middle with little or no disadvantage.
"
Noperative wrote:
"
Skull_Blaze wrote:

i was following the build till i read the last comments, now the question
is worth keeping my build?
ToxicDreams..........
Last edited by Advaanze on Oct 13, 2013, 12:24:24 PM
"
Advaanze wrote:
"
Noperative wrote:
"
Skull_Blaze wrote:

i was following the build till i read the last comments, now the question
is worth keeping my build?

It is all up to you. I think that my shadow's exp is not going to be wasted since I'll eventually spec him into something else, but levelling a new character might be tedious for other people.

The gear is still worth it, cause you can always use it for a scion.
Love this build and I really hope scion will have some great starting nodes because i have a feeling it will be a stretch on the skill points to get from CI to US and IR...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info