[0.11.6] Noperative's REAVER - CI/Crit/Dagger Build! 54k Reave DPS! 75k Single Target!

I was wondering was how the accuracy thing works out. With your build, through the equips and tree, i don't see too much accuracy. You have one of the 36% circles and only one piece of gear with accuracy on it; how do you get such high chance to hit?

Has the calculation for hit chance changed? Or has monster evasion been lowered in recent patches? according to this monster accuracy table a chance to hit with ~950 accuracy should be under 70%

I was planning to do a claw shadow, but have been really concerned about accuracy, and contemplating resolute technique for the 100% hit chance, is it worth it for claws?
Im playing with this build on onslaught, now im lv 60 pretty raping faces, but not sure how it going to be on maps :/
Great guide mate. As soon as I saw the announcement of Reave I started building up a shadow on Anarchy to start fresh.

I started off with Dual wield (dual strike + melee splash) until reave got release. I have reached the point of mapping and I feel I miss a little survivability. However, I havent found a proper shield yet to cover the 2k dps loss for swapping my weapon for a shield.

I do have a question regarding your decision to go down to unweavering stance + iron reflexes.
As you do not have any EV on your gear, the EV is only coming from grace. Is it worth that much spending the amount of points going down in the tree? Also I do not have unweavering stance at the minute and I hardly get notice stuns (chill/frozen is the only annoying thing). That's why I initially didn't go there. However, as I notice I lack survivability I am considering removing some of my area of effect nodes + damage nodes to go down to iron reflexes.

I have added my current build below (I went for claws and power charges to make up for the lack of crit):

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABAcMjQ1JDkgQexEvEZYV1xX9Fr8c3B4aJ6koKij6KjgrCiy_LR8wVDvhPV9AVUGHRnFHBkyzUDBSU1ZjW_RfKl9qY0NnHmp-bRlvV3BSerh-WX_GgseGrofbjAuTJ5Ugl5WZV5manaOio6Z_pyunNK6TsbO0DLTFtUi297l8vjrAUcEAwcXB88Ls1gfXhtsa217i9-OE62Pr5Ovu7LDtQe1276Dy4fPq9Uv8q_-T

My current ES is 2.6k in battle and a proper ES shield might even do the trick, however, with no armor at all I still think bosses/yellow/blues will take very big chunks of ES with just 1 hit.
"
imcloudy wrote:
I was wondering was how the accuracy thing works out. With your build, through the equips and tree, i don't see too much accuracy. You have one of the 36% circles and only one piece of gear with accuracy on it; how do you get such high chance to hit?

Has the calculation for hit chance changed? Or has monster evasion been lowered in recent patches? according to this monster accuracy table a chance to hit with ~950 accuracy should be under 70%

I was planning to do a claw shadow, but have been really concerned about accuracy, and contemplating resolute technique for the 100% hit chance, is it worth it for claws?

Accuracy was revamped in this patch to make the itemization of this build much easier.

Resolute Technique is a good choice for claws, you can save a lot of itemization worries and skill points by completely eliminating crit and accuracy from the formulas. Since claws have always been focused on consistent defences over high damage, Resolute Technique simply augments this aspect and makes you overall more effective at leeching since you will never miss.

"
Bruderhase wrote:
Great guide mate. As soon as I saw the announcement of Reave I started building up a shadow on Anarchy to start fresh.

I started off with Dual wield (dual strike + melee splash) until reave got release. I have reached the point of mapping and I feel I miss a little survivability. However, I havent found a proper shield yet to cover the 2k dps loss for swapping my weapon for a shield.

I do have a question regarding your decision to go down to unweavering stance + iron reflexes.
As you do not have any EV on your gear, the EV is only coming from grace. Is it worth that much spending the amount of points going down in the tree? Also I do not have unweavering stance at the minute and I hardly get notice stuns (chill/frozen is the only annoying thing). That's why I initially didn't go there. However, as I notice I lack survivability I am considering removing some of my area of effect nodes + damage nodes to go down to iron reflexes.

I have added my current build below (I went for claws and power charges to make up for the lack of crit):

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABAcMjQ1JDkgQexEvEZYV1xX9Fr8c3B4aJ6koKij6KjgrCiy_LR8wVDvhPV9AVUGHRnFHBkyzUDBSU1ZjW_RfKl9qY0NnHmp-bRlvV3BSerh-WX_GgseGrofbjAuTJ5Ugl5WZV5manaOio6Z_pyunNK6TsbO0DLTFtUi297l8vjrAUcEAwcXB88Ls1gfXhtsa217i9-OE62Pr5Ovu7LDtQe1276Dy4fPq9Uv8q_-T

Here is an example why I choose to use unwavering + IR. We run several Colonnades (71 map) where we try to run as dangerous bosses as possible. It's a long feature but in general you can see us tackling Double Brutus bosses, with as many forms of added damage as possible. We even do it with Temporal Chains in one map.

The idea is that Unwavering + IR isn't that big in the majority of situations, but when you get to the more dangerous points of the game, the combination will show it's worth.
Last edited by Noperative on Aug 24, 2013, 2:56:02 PM
any reason why you don't run concentrated effect with reave?
My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1338089
"
Here is an example why I choose to use unwavering + IR. We run several Colonnades (71 map) where we try to run as dangerous bosses as possible. It's a long feature but in general you can see us tackling Double Brutus bosses, with as many forms of added damage as possible. We even do it with Temporal Chains in one map.

The idea is that Unwavering + IR isn't that big in the majority of situations, but when you get to the more dangerous points of the game, the combination will show it's worth.

Cheers, great streams, you just gave me the final push to respec a few points :)
Hello mate, I started building up a dagger shadow a few days prior to 0.11.4 and in the process of doing so came up with this build wich is a lot like yours. I made this for lvl 82 (taking endurance charge + physical dmg from bandit quests) mainly because i dont find it too chalanging to get to 82. Can you please take a look and tell me what you think, suggest an opimisation perhaps? I'd also like to accent on the fact that its pretty balanced stat wise - 150 dex 150 int 160 str. Thats my original idea but if it doesnt work out too well vs reflect mobs i may go for some defensive nodes (the shield nodes at the start of the tree + a 30 % shield node close to the duelist tree). Im using endurance charges and blood rage to stay alive, considering lowering my DPS to put in a life leech in my 5l.
Apart from that I like how much commitment you've put into your build, Cheers!

My idea
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABX0OSBB7ES8Rlha_HhooKisKLOEwVEcGVupW9V9qcFJwVn3jfll_xofbiEKMC46KkBuX0JlXmZqaE52jpn-nNKxmsbO0xbVItve5Prl8vjrAUcEAwcXC7MNt2HbbGttu29TjhOn-62PsGOyw7UHz6vVL_Kv_k5P8LL-GrhXX14ZWYxzckye0DEZxlSCCx0GHeriukyo4tfKpbngNvooB3OLqYSES4aLq704yCSi1YIhhUp_LhO-bg1PfWNuE2W5pvqfSTcAPrK8=
Killary_Cringeton - Essence League
Last edited by boozetillyoubruise on Aug 25, 2013, 6:26:29 AM
Wow,great and very in depth guide.Nice work man!Still i see reave,end game,inferior to flicker strike+splash or frenzy+ splash,if you build around them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
conall88 wrote:
any reason why you don't run concentrated effect with reave?

In general I see a pretty nice DPS increase with it but the utility is a little bit low since you're hitting less mob. It's much better for tooltip DPS and maybe against bosses but the clear speed is still clunky due to how little mobs you can hit at a time.

"
Hello mate, I started building up a dagger shadow a few days prior to 0.11.4 and in the process of doing so came up with this build wich is a lot like yours. I made this for lvl 82 (taking endurance charge + physical dmg from bandit quests) mainly because i dont find it too chalanging to get to 82. Can you please take a look and tell me what you think, suggest an opimisation perhaps? I'd also like to accent on the fact that its pretty balanced stat wise - 150 dex 150 int 160 str. Thats my original idea but if it doesnt work out too well vs reflect mobs i may go for some defensive nodes (the shield nodes at the start of the tree + a 30 % shield node close to the duelist tree). Im using endurance charges and blood rage to stay alive, considering lowering my DPS to put in a life leech in my 5l.
Apart from that I like how much commitment you've put into your build, Cheers!

My idea
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABX0OSBB7ES8Rlha_HhooKisKLOEwVEcGVupW9V9qcFJwVn3jfll_xofbiEKMC46KkBuX0JlXmZqaE52jpn-nNKxmsbO0xbVItve5Prl8vjrAUcEAwcXC7MNt2HbbGttu29TjhOn-62PsGOyw7UHz6vVL_Kv_k5P8LL-GrhXX14ZWYxzckye0DEZxlSCCx0GHeriukyo4tfKpbngNvooB3OLqYSES4aLq704yCSi1YIhhUp_LhO-bg1PfWNuE2W5pvqfSTcAPrK8=

Personally I would not get flaying. The efficiency is just not high enough. You get about 48% increased physical damage and 20% multiplier for a total of 5 points, which makes it so each point is under 10% physical damage and 4% crit multi. In terms of damage this is pretty weak and pretty much you'd be better off transitioning those points into Throatseeker (70% multiplier for the same investment) or the ES nodes in the Witch Tree.

Also I would remove leather and steel, and pick up Mana Flows since it will help his build a lot more.

That's about it, the transition is pretty stable though I would have highly recommended IR before you move into the duelist area.
Anyone have this build on onslaught / hardcore?
Last edited by APCY on Aug 25, 2013, 12:54:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info