[11.2 ONS] Eldritch Battery Arcitc Armour Tank EK Ranger by chiviet234

"
Did this build but running it as a witch have enough mana regen for lvl 19 AA, 4k life, Ek does 3500 dmg, 55% block chance, 12k armor but just dont understand how you got 5k life when I was looking at your gear and it doesnt seem like it has even close to the amount of life as mine could you clarify?

I just looked through your build on the offline skilltree calculator and your build has 198% max life compared to mine which is at 250% currently (has been 250 for a long time). I think thats where the 1000HP difference comes from since almost all your gear has very high life rolls. Also my build has slightly more str (about 40) and I have some str on my gear which adds up to some hp as well. Hope that answers your question!
OrenoChinko_EK - 92 Onslaught
NessaSwagSixtyNine - 83 HC
OreNoChinkoSearingTouch - RIP 81 Oslaught (7/7/2013)
Last edited by chiviet234 on Sep 23, 2013, 10:23:22 PM
Hey, I've been playing a similar build for a while now and was wondering if you had an opinion on the new Ming's Heart unique and what it offers the build. 15% reduced life doesn't seems like a huge trade off for ~60 chaos resist and another phys conversion for EK, and I was wondering if you'd thought about it/tested it. Obviously the lack of a ring with mana regen is also a problem, and was wondering whether your build (I don't get the Void Barrier circle) would be able to manage without the benefit of 50% mana regen on a ring.

Oh, and with the recent trend towards stacking block would you consider respeccing 1 point to grab the shield notable at ranger start (precision interception?) They seem like 3 very strong points.
Last edited by TechTML on Sep 26, 2013, 6:46:21 AM
TechTML that's a very interesting idea, I kinda looked over that ring. I have not tested it but I think it would be a very cool ring to try out. My only concern is that I need the 50%+ mana regen on rings in order to sustain AA (as you mentioned), and also that 15% ES is quite a bit of mana considering I have 3k+. If there was a way to make up for the ES/mana regen it would be quite a cool ring as it gives lots of chaos res, probably enough to run blood rage on HP, and gives some EK dps boost.

The block stacking is something I thought of initially but I decided to opt out for more armour and life overall. I think it is possible to make a build with slightly less armour and life for lots of block chance. I think there is a guy with a build like that with a ranger. Unvincible or something?
Since this post I've done some testing. I respecced as I plan to use this build in the next HC league and wanted to test its potential. I went for a heavy shield defense build and transmuted this shield:

It's not great but it let me test a couple things. First off, grabbing a high ES shield while stacking shield nodes will give you tons of mana, to the point where at the moment I'm still missing one circle and have 3896 mana. If my math is right once I get Testudo from Duelist I will have 4036 mana. This huge pool has allowed me to forgo mana regen on one amulet and one ring while still having 240 mp/s. If I used a paua amulet or some other amulet with mana regen while retaining mana regen on my scepter and second ring I should have no problem with ming's heart.

Obviously my gear is pretty horrible as it was put together last second and most was self crafted, but it does point out there is a chance that this could work.
For completion's sake here's my gear:
Gear

And my current spec (level 82)

So yeah, while not an option early game I do think that with the right gear this could work quite well, and another multiplier on EK will help it from falling behind in the late game.
Last edited by TechTML on Sep 30, 2013, 1:42:54 AM
I've been playing with this build and started doing 66 maps yesterday with terribad gear. So much has been working really well, though had to make some little adjustments to deal with the bad gear. So thanks for sharing this with us, first character of mine that made it to mapping in hardcore.

The question I had in mind is that the passive tree is getting changed at least a bit next week so are going to get an update if it has any effect on this build? At least how I understood it aura stacking is getting nerfed and individual auras get a slight buff, so 6 auras might too much if you don't have sick gear.
yea it seems like this build will be drastically different because each aura is 60% now (except for clarity). :(
yea it seems like this build will be drastically different because each aura is 60% now (except for clarity). :(
"
chiviet234 wrote:

There seems to be a 10% less mana reserved, 8% increased aura effect node near ranger, also ones that give 6% life and 8% mana. I guess it could be possible to run it with Grace, Purity, Clarity and Hatred. Maybe Grace buff and that aura effect node is enough to make up for not having Determination and just get more mana to replace Discipline.
Just thought id drop in my 2 cents :P never done much of my own passive building, but thinking about the changes to auras, I was just interested in the potential of mana reserve nodes and reduced mana nodes

69 point spread
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm43OqAG873r2o6-nLOlbPd0NW69OKiml034knWJa35iVyMSilwYtgxmK-wn22hqPm7VTNUyxbWy1SG17VUuMNlBCLUcc3H_GoqPB84Ie2ws4GxGWcLvDOlYtrH_uDiP27_BaSBrb-WMV8DpYBH6HGQ-r53Rh4ofb62OZmrb3ES8mlQ5InapirNad

EDIT:

Carried on to 85 points

ended up with something like
206% bonus hp
92% increased evasion
20% reduced mana reserve
66% bonus mana
60% mana regen
44% Increased Energy shield
18% resist all

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm43OqAG873r2o6-nLOndDVuvTioppdN-JJ1iWt-YlcjEopcGLYMZivsJ9toaj5u1UzVtbA-r53Rh4ofb62OZmrb3iGvjhA5IEZZ_xqKjwfOCHtsLcLsRL8M6Vi2sf52qYqzWnSepWm0kPKdcSVHsGI_6STs2e7SjBfkV8DpYBH6HGe4OI_bv8FpI_MVnoId2Sn1bPUyxHNw4G6OKmyYyAbIZz3ph63pTw20=

Last edited by Tarlie on Oct 23, 2013, 2:32:00 PM
This build looks fun, could something like this still work on the release patch ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info