0.9.11 One-week Hardcore Ladder Race

"
Technomage wrote:
"
FaceLicker wrote:
Oh, yay.. a week long race that just so happens to coincide with the Guild Wars 2 launch..

Decisions, decisions.

"
Technomage wrote:
0.o kinda looks like this idea I posted last week...

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/46492

Coincidence? 0.o
The only 'coincidence' is that you posted an idea that's already been going on for months. People have been asking for lengthier competitions than the basic 3 hours for quite a long time.The only difference is that you suggest to carry over currency, which is a ridiculous notion imo. The only reward that will carry over is Demigod's Presence as it's benefit is very minimal.

Oh really? I am fairly certain that the top ten players who get currency that carry's over to the open beta will disagree with you.
Perhaps you are confusing currency and items. I in no way suggested that items be offered as rewards that carry over to open beta. Only currency and cash shop items. Perhaps I should have made that slightly clearer so people did not dismiss the idea as a ridiculous notion without reading properly.

Any and all microtransaction currency will carry over to the open beta. Microtransaction money has been around since april 4.
I just hope Chris and co. implement the rest of my idea (Constructed from the swarm of requests) and make it so if you die in the weekly HC race you default into a SC race that gives, perhaps 1/10 the microtransaction currency rewards.
I have to say come Monday I will be back to playing in all my spare time again. Repeat this every week and I wont be touching any other game until... ever? :)
Why would anyone want currency items with open beta around the corner?
"
infinityinc wrote:
"
TehHammer wrote:
(racing multiple accounts to level 40

Thanks, must have overlooked this part. And of course, this counters the race's restristrictions.

"
Mr_Bill wrote:
If somebody has multiple accounts they paid for them.

Not compelling - I also have a second (actually unused) account without paying anything for it. You can give friendkeys to "yourself", or are that lucky as me: created the account for some interacction tests during the first open beta weekend, and got a beta invite too on that account in the meantime ^^
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
infinityinc wrote:
"
TehHammer wrote:
(racing multiple accounts to level 40

Thanks, must have overlooked this part. And of course, this counters the race's restristrictions.

"
Mr_Bill wrote:

Not compelling - I also have a second (actually unused) account without paying anything for it. You can give friendkeys to "yourself", or are that lucky as me: created the account for some interacction tests during the first open beta weekend, and got a beta invite too on that account in the meantime ^^

The point is that somebody paid for those Beta keys, whether it was you or somebody else they were given as part of the paid program.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
Technomage wrote:
Oh really? I am fairly certain that the top ten players who get currency that carry's over to the open beta will disagree with you.
Perhaps you are confusing currency and items. I in no way suggested that items be offered as rewards that carry over to open beta. Only currency and cash shop items. Perhaps I should have made that slightly clearer so people did not dismiss the idea as a ridiculous notion without reading properly.
My apologies, I misunderstood you. Though, if my reading comprehension was a bit off, I blame you. I generally read very fast and 'store currency' just read as currency. The bolded part above is a clear contradiction of terms.

To clear up a few things, the top 20 in this race get microtransaction credit, not just the top 10.

Microtransaction credit is not the same as currency in relation to PoE.

Currency is a type of ingame item which is also awarded in these races.

So, I still stand by statement that allowing people to carry over currency would be ridiculous.

I'll read a bit slower and 'properly' next time, if you learn to use the correct terms. =P
"
Mr_Bill wrote:
The point is that somebody paid for those Beta keys, whether it was you or somebody else they were given as part of the paid program.

I think that he means he got both of his keys from the beta key timer. Which means that nobody paid for them.
They said I was mad! They said it couldn't be done! But now who's mad?!?!
"
Mr_Bill wrote:

Maybe after Open Beta it may need be looked at but as long as they paid there is no problem I can see.

Funny, I've paid $15 and I have 6 accounts in my household. I thought $15 only bought one (which I gave to my brother, who doesn't live with me...).
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Aug 26, 2012, 10:26:48 AM
As always we will provide you statistics from race on poestatistics.com
http://poetools.com/ - PATH OF EXILE TOOLS
this starting in less than 3 hours right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info