Unable to Map File error report search!

---------------------------
Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile for chunk header.. Error Code: 1450 Offset: 276692992 Size: 90
OK
This error has crashed me out 3 times. I seem idle or joining town, where I see other players, when game crashes. One crash, Windowed, clicked to enter town, same crash error#, also crashed MS Silverlight plugin playing Netflix movie.
Switched to Full Screen Windowed, crashed clicking to enter Tidal Island.

Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile for chunk header.. Error Code: 1450 Offset: 1445920768 Size: 2844
OK

Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile for chunk header.. Error Code: 1450 Offset: 2086010880 Size: 7924
OK
Tried Full Screen mode, not seeing mini-map or transparent map when mini-map is closed at all. Crashed upon party member entering my view.

Update - As of Saturday morning 9am (9/15/2012 2pm GMT) I see a different angled view, 90° clockwise rotation, and having crashed for an hour. Previous crashes occurred Friday night, first 2 hours playing.

Map rotating often now. Perhaps instances were not ending last night?

Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile for chunk header.. Error Code: 1450 Offset: 3542679552 Size: 11389
OK
Started Witch character, mini-map went blank, 2nd boss (dropping fireballs from sky) not drawing in, ground goes black squares, and fighting the invisible boss, crashed with offset above.
Last edited by KiltJoy on Sep 15, 2012, 12:02:52 PM
its happening to me many times, just now i get the error code.

Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 1027670016 Size: 18169228

im getting too many disconnects too
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 900792320 Size: 10014060

Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 884015104 Size: 13555416

Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 848363520 Size: 18916257

And these are just a few, since i just started noting them down
This seems to have come back!

Started popping up inside endgame maps.

Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 16777216 Size: 20110316
OK
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Unable to mapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code:8 Offset:732037120 Size:10448648

I've gotten about 20 of these in the past hour or 2, I was not getting them in act 1. I started getting them in act 2. I also got my attack speed to below .50 at that time and have been using whirling blades.

Last time I was in act 2 I didn't have whirling blades, but it was also before the Open test weekend. And I wasn't getting these errors.

After this error I also get a:

'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library'

Runtime Error!

blah blah blah, GGG\PoE\Client.exe

abnormal program termination

Hope this helps! It's impossible to play the game when you have a 1 in 3 chance of CTD every time you change maps.
Last edited by SynysterOne on Sep 16, 2012, 7:40:53 PM
I received an error like the other guys, when i tried to enter in The Western Forest .. now when I click to entry there I receive ALL THE TIME an audio error.
The bad thing is that after error, any error, I'm spawned back in town, why I cannot remain there and when I enter to continue from where I took that error!

EXCEPTION

" Audio/Sound Effects/Ambient/Waterfalls_Fires/Fire_Small_1.loop.ogg ": Decoded no data
Mess With The Best
Die Like The Rest
Last edited by ZeroCool1987 on Sep 17, 2012, 7:41:42 AM
got this after killing Brutus and entering the Prisoner's Gate.

Unable to MapViewOfFile for chunk header. Error code: 1450 Offset: 3290103808 Size: 37978
When I tried to enter thru Prisonier's Gate.

"Art/Texture/Environment/beach/dunewangns.dds": In source code file: Resource/TextureResource.cpp at line 37, Processing file: Art/Texture/Environment/beach/dunewangns.dds
Error : E_OUTOFMEMORY
Description : Ran out of memory

PS : Is not from me, I always have 1gb ram free ... everytime when I try to enter thru a new gate, there is 80% chance to receive an error like this one, or an sound error, or an map error ...

Mess With The Best
Die Like The Rest
Exception
Error opening file: Metadata/Terrain/RuinedTempleForest/Abyss/templeruinforest_fence_crevice_corner_concave_v01_01.tdt
OK

Exception
Error opening file: Metadata/Terrain/RuinedTempleForest/Abyss/templeruinforest_fence_crevice_v01_02.tdt
OK

Exception
Error opening file: Metadata/Terrain/RuinedTempleForest/Abyss/templeruinforest_fence_crevice_v01_03.tdt
OK
Ingame name - Polypodiaceae
My shop - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/344031
Last edited by ultraperson on Sep 21, 2012, 3:40:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info