Season Three, Event 107: Descent

Best RNG ever. If I was any better could have easily gotten number 1 duelist since a lot of the top duelist racers seem to be missing this time.
It came to us from a Curious Chest, and we shall never see its like again...
Last edited by Pwere on Jul 28, 2013, 2:00:58 AM

Got 4th ranked Duelist thanks to this item despite dying about 5 mins in and restarting.
"
Tuni wrote:
Just when i wanted to go for a firestorm build q19 firestorm comes out from chest. Then first alch is a +1 fire wand. Yes I slept with RNGesus.

Geez, how did I almost beat you with +19% and a +1 wand?

pretty much got complete crap, aside from the alc'ed belt.
"
Glowyrm wrote:
Room you were never in?

I don't even see how that's possible. The game doesn't choose positions for you, it records them.

This isn't desync you're describing, it's a huge bug, which is why I would sooner say you are mistaken than believe it, with all due respect. I'll look into it though and I apologize in advance if I find other legitimate complaints like this.

Its not common, but it has happened to me quite a few times. Usually occurs when you are getting heavy desync, and most often in vaal pyramid-like maps. I'm not sure if its connected to pathing during desync if something else. You just go from the desynced state to being in another location that you had not even been to.
Rolled shadow, had a decent start with a rare coral amulet in the first area, and a +1 cold B G wand in the goat area (later fused), but no second coral ring until the monkey zone and no mana flask upgrades until the skeleton zone. Constant mana issues werent good times.

I also got no blues at all in the spider, statue, monkey and skeleton zones (handful of blues with the skeleton boss aside), leaving me underleveled (5 below zone) until the ribbon zone, at which point i was too far behind to manage anything resembling a good run. I full cleared both the monkey and skeleton zones and still couldnt keep up with the zone leveling; in other races, ive had so many blue packs that i was slightly overleveled without ever deviating from the main entrance~exit path. Yet another major issue that should have been caught in testing, assuming there was any testing to begin with.

Thankfully i had enough life on gear to make up for being severe underleveled and managed to survive to the end. Finished in hall of heroes, halfway to lvl 19 and 5th in class.

GG all, cya next race.

"
Glowyrm wrote:
"
Zanarhi wrote:
First attempt I got a quality RoA from chest, then later desync teleporting me into a room I was never in. Died to boss + 2 packs of champs.

Room you were never in?

I don't even see how that's possible. The game doesn't choose positions for you, it records them.

This isn't desync you're describing, it's a huge bug, which is why I would sooner say you are mistaken than believe it, with all due respect. I'll look into it though and I apologize in advance if I find other legitimate complaints like this.

Start attacking desynced monster. On your screen, you cast/attack him as expected. Serverside, your character is running to wherever the monster actually is to gain line of sight / proper range, which is often through doors or behind walls. Server eventually realizes youre out of sync and, as part of the resync- since the server is always correct- teleports you into a room you were never in.

Not a bug, just an effect of the combined attack/cast mechanics that attempt to force you into proper position if the monsters out of range, and the poor netcode and client-server setup. Holding shift every time you attack, cast or do basically anything fixes this particular problem, though having to hold shift the entire time you play is a problem unto itself.
IGN: KoTao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info