Season Three, Event 81: 2 Hour Cutthroat Party

"
boof wrote:
So few cutthroat events and you go and make this a party clusterfuck instead of solo.

In fact, all the cutthroats seem to be party. What the fuck GGG?
Not sure how they managed to time it, or if its my usual bad luck, but literally 2 seconds from going into the 2nd town from forest, and 3 guys suddenly spawn, I'm frozen in one hit, one party member drops dead in one or two hits and the other that I could see started running the other way. Just insane timing, very impressive work if that was a set up.

Enjoy everyone, just had to give a shout out to whoever it was that managed that.
I don't care if you elitist jerks say that i'm whining or complaining i get that it is a pvp race and that you will have to face another player sooner or later. but what is not fair regardless of that fact is being a level 6 character and some level 13 d-bag pops in your instance and one shots you i dont see the fairness in that. there should be some in-game mechanic that makes it so you can't pop into certain maps/instances when you are above a certain level to fuck with defenseless people. once again i get that it is a cutthroat pvp race i have no problem if i die to someone 1-2 levels higher than me where i actually have a chance but today was rediculous i got gangraped twice by a group of 3 people twice today when i was level 8 and they were all 13 and at level 6 by a lvl 13 ranger. there is no reason for a lvl 13 ranger to kill a lvl 6 for their 30% experience penalty that little level 6 30% is nothing for a level 13 i don't get it. just a place that makes it ok for people who get picked on in real life to be dicks and get rewarded for winning one-sided sneak duels
Just block Glacial Hammer in this Race and it would be fun again.
Please read my posts twice before you answer, you are probably not smart enough to get the meaning of it but hey its still free2play.
"
Tcheeks38 wrote:
I don't care if you elitist jerks say that i'm whining or complaining i get that it is a pvp race and that you will have to face another player sooner or later. but what is not fair regardless of that fact is being a level 6 character and some level 13 d-bag pops in your instance and one shots you i dont see the fairness in that. there should be some in-game mechanic that makes it so you can't pop into certain maps/instances when you are above a certain level to fuck with defenseless people. once again i get that it is a cutthroat pvp race i have no problem if i die to someone 1-2 levels higher than me where i actually have a chance but today was rediculous i got gangraped twice by a group of 3 people twice today when i was level 8 and they were all 13 and at level 6 by a lvl 13 ranger. there is no reason for a lvl 13 ranger to kill a lvl 6 for their 30% experience penalty that little level 6 30% is nothing for a level 13 i don't get it. just a place that makes it ok for people who get picked on in real life to be dicks and get rewarded for winning one-sided sneak duels

This!

These events could actually have been fun with some restrictions to actually make the PvP more of a challange and fun for both sides but as they are right now it's pure shit. There is no real pvp just high levels ganking/farming low levels. That's just about it, nothing more.

Actually the whole thing with leveling fucks up these events. The only thing that should matter is how many players you actually defeated and player levels should either be preset or you should not be able to start a duel with lower level players than yourself unless they start the fight.

Don't get the fun in one-shotting lower levels or being one-shot by higher levels.

From a PvE point of view it is just as fun as letting loose a high level boss in a low level area killing eveyone in sight with 1 hit. So fun hay?
Last edited by Igneus on Jul 21, 2013, 6:28:39 PM
Cutthroat is a great race and i enjoy it but is there anyway to limit what instances a player can go into by level? I keep getting killed off by players an average of 3 levels above me and a lot of the time its more like 6 levels. I know its cut throat and its meant to be a good challenge but i dont like falling on the ledge regularly to higher levels farming it for other players.
Do you even notice GGG? Starting from page THREE, ALL the friggin' chars are DEAD. I don't care if there are 5 or 6 that survive per page, but... HELL, at least think of it.

One thing is that a pvp-race its fun and competitive, teams vs. teams with a well-balanced char and enviroment... but THIS?

If you wanna make a massive PvP event or something, then for all what is sacred, do it, but not inside a race that is thought to also earn points for items. That's just stupid. Again, just look at the char pages and you will see what I'm talking about.

PD: Agree with the guys above who spoke about lvl differences. 2 times, 2 deads by a party like 10 lvls above mine who just one-shoted me. I won't be doing this race again today, just shitted on the fun. Yeah, A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of fun... *sarcasm /off*
Last edited by SigmaBlack on Jul 21, 2013, 6:33:55 PM
The quick fix to these fucked up events is to be able to only see and enter instances of players of same level as yourself.
"
PureNRG wrote:
"
boof wrote:
So few cutthroat events and you go and make this a party clusterfuck instead of solo.

In fact, all the cutthroats seem to be party. What the fuck GGG?

I hope you realize, people that party will party in "solo" as well as in "party" races as they use vent/teamspeak/mumble/skype to coordinate their instances and team up on others. This just makes it fair for everyone else.

That my friend just shows how broken these events are...
got ganked by 2 lvl 20+ when i was level 2

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info