[1.0.6] CI Crit Dagger Shadow (30k DPS Flicker Ninja) [OB video up!]

Invalesco, do you think a Shadow with Rapier/Dagger DW a EphemeralEdge can be good?
Using this skilltree, your same skills(ls+viper+flicker)
With rapier I can maximize the critical damage, with lighting strike I can apply shock wich increases my critical damage, but I lack something on critical rate(tho ephemeral edge+increase critical strike on LS)
Last edited by kadrek91 on Sep 19, 2012, 10:56:48 AM
"
C4ph wrote:
That 1 Week gear is better than my shadows gear and i played him for like 2 months now :-/ How did you get such awesome gear in that short time? Was trading/partying enabled during the race?

the dagger was nice find and a long-awaited timely upgrade to my rapier that I was using then :) it allowed me to respec my then health node points into dagger points.

the 5L staff i use for auras was a lucky find. my first 5L find ever! just needed to chrome it into the colours i wanted.

the chestpiece was a find as well.

the gloves were crafted, coz i was looking specifically for the ES and the resists which were crucial.

everything else except the topaz ring were traded.

and yes trading/partying was enabled during the race.

"
kadrek91 wrote:
Invalesco, do you think a Shadow with Rapier/Dagger DW a EphemeralEdge can be good?
Using this skilltree, your same skills(ls+viper+flicker)
With rapier I can maximize the critical damage, with lighting strike I can apply shock wich increases my critical damage, but I lack something on critical rate(tho ephemeral edge+increase critical strike on LS)

i would advise dual wielding weapons of the same type/speed. rapiers increase crit dmg, daggers increase crit chance. both tend to be fast weapons, unless ur using the slow ones. ephemeral edge isn't used as a weapon late game, it's used more because of it's increased %es which is useful for casters. that and it's increased crit chance.

your build looks extremely crit dmg-oriented instead of crit chance-oriented. I would advise you go for fast rapiers to increase your crit damage output and just rely on diamond flasks for crit-ing.

Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Last edited by Invalesco on Sep 19, 2012, 11:20:36 AM
Yea the idea was using the Ephemeral as a "offensive shield", a weapon wich gives me defensive abilities but still a weapon(with crit chance).
You think normal dw is better?
2 diamond 2 granite 1 mana?
Last edited by kadrek91 on Sep 19, 2012, 11:52:43 AM
"
kadrek91 wrote:
Yea the idea was using the Ephemeral as a "offensive shield", a weapon wich gives me defensive abilities but still a weapon(with crit chance).
You think normal dw is better?
2 diamond 2 granite 1 mana?

unfortunately, you will realise that using 1H+shield will probably yield better defensive capabilities and arguably more DPS if the ephemeral's is that much slower in terms of APS than your mainhand weapon.

and yup 2 diamond 2 granites and 1 mana is fine depending on the auras u use, your mana reservation and the presence of mana leech.
Build of the Week 14
Congrats on the finish and thanks a bunch for the guide! I think you have convinced me to roll a shadow come Open Beta.
Something I can't figure out...

I setup an aura to a swapped out weapon, but when i swap back to normal weapon, its changing the skill to the one I setup on the alternate weapon... why is this?

Also, purely as rewards from questing, can you remove all the unnecessary life nodes you grab?
"
UGGMUG wrote:

I setup an aura to a swapped out weapon, but when i swap back to normal weapon, its changing the skill to the one I setup on the alternate weapon... why is this?

Also, purely as rewards from questing, can you remove all the unnecessary life nodes you grab?

Hey UGGMUG - unfortunately weapon swapping and the skills that come with it all come down to what is gemmed on your main set and your off-set. If you have skills on your main set weapon(s)/shield on your skill bar then swap to your aura weapon(s)/shield then only those skills (on the skill bar) will change. The game is unable to recognize and/or create a separate skill-set for weapon swapping at the moment.

So if you put skills on your chest/helmet/boots/gloves and swap to your off-set, those skills will never change in they are linked to your skill bar.
so basically how do people use those 5L staffs to swap auras?
"
UGGMUG wrote:
so basically how do people use those 5L staffs to swap auras?

You can play minimalistic and have 3 main skills and the rest empty so that u have the 4 remaining spots free. Most auras are run with "Reduced Mana" gem so the other 4 spots will be free.

If you have more than 3 skills on your skill bar then unfortunately you might need to manually change the aura skills when you swap weapons. Cast hatred/discipline then switch those out to wrath/grace.

The skill bar still has a lot of kinks and is a huge pain in the ass i agree when the skills don't swap as you thought they would or should.

Edit 1: What i do is anything that doesn't "really" need to be linked to a support gem i toss onto my Dagger and Shield so when i swap out to my staff i have 3 slots free to cast grace/wrath/discipline. I don't have the mana for Hatred atm so i haven't gemmed that in.

Last edited by Ezciel on Sep 20, 2012, 2:30:54 AM
"
Ezciel wrote:
"
UGGMUG wrote:

Hey UGGMUG - unfortunately weapon swapping and the skills that come with it all come down to what is gemmed on your main set and your off-set. If you have skills on your main set weapon(s)/shield on your skill bar then swap to your aura weapon(s)/shield then only those skills (on the skill bar) will change. The game is unable to recognize and/or create a separate skill-set for weapon swapping at the moment.

So if you put skills on your chest/helmet/boots/gloves and swap to your off-set, those skills will never change in they are linked to your skill bar.

thanks ecziel :)

also, yes you get 16 respec points in quests alone. the total number of respec points i used in the HC race to respec my hp nodes never surpassed 10
Build of the Week 14

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info