[1.0.6] CI Crit Dagger Shadow (30k DPS Flicker Ninja) [OB video up!]

"
Invalesco wrote:
"
wensday wrote:

Hi Invalesco,

Having allot of fun with this build so far.
I just entered Ruthless and am doing great, lvl 40 now.
The damage is good and i have little trouble staying alive.
I

I focused on keeping up my armor hi and are working on my ES.
I have about 650ES en 450HP. I think my dps is around 450 with ls.
I skipped most of the +% life nodes so far and grabbed a few +crit chance ones.

I am having trouble getting my crit chance high, only at 25% orso at atm.

Anyways, wanted to thank you for posting such a great guide!

Regards Bishamo

that's good to know! :)
some pointers: you might wanna grind at fellshrine once you hit act2, get some good ES gear and convert to CI before you enter chamber of sins and weavers nest as the chaos mobs there will melt 450 hp pretty quickly.

don't worry too much about getting your crit chance high for now.

as you continue to level and pick up more dagger nodes as well as find better daggers, socketed/linked items and link them with increased critical strikes, your crit chance will naturally increase :)

Nice! Will do. What do you think of weapon elemental damage for LS? I'm using but only beceaus i dont have the correct sockets/gems.

Regards Bish
"
wensday wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
wensday wrote:

Hi Invalesco,

Having allot of fun with this build so far.
I just entered Ruthless and am doing great, lvl 40 now.
The damage is good and i have little trouble staying alive.
I

I focused on keeping up my armor hi and are working on my ES.
I have about 650ES en 450HP. I think my dps is around 450 with ls.
I skipped most of the +% life nodes so far and grabbed a few +crit chance ones.

I am having trouble getting my crit chance high, only at 25% orso at atm.

Anyways, wanted to thank you for posting such a great guide!

Regards Bishamo

that's good to know! :)
some pointers: you might wanna grind at fellshrine once you hit act2, get some good ES gear and convert to CI before you enter chamber of sins and weavers nest as the chaos mobs there will melt 450 hp pretty quickly.

don't worry too much about getting your crit chance high for now.

as you continue to level and pick up more dagger nodes as well as find better daggers, socketed/linked items and link them with increased critical strikes, your crit chance will naturally increase :)

Nice! Will do. What do you think of weapon elemental damage for LS? I'm using but only beceaus i dont have the correct sockets/gems.

Regards Bish

personally, i feel that weapon elemental damage is the best gem to be linked with LS IF you have the mana to support it due to the massive 170% mana cost multiplier.

however, if you want to run 4 auras which I did, it just won't be feasible anymore to link WED to LS. sacrificing that WED gem to decrease the mana cost and using hatred aura instead which increases mana reservation will yield more dps than using WED gem and not use hatred.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
So. I see you chose GR for ES leech... but I don't notice any life leech items or nodes in your build.

Am I missing something?
Bloodrage does that for you.
"
pr0fesser wrote:
So. I see you chose GR for ES leech... but I don't notice any life leech items or nodes in your build.

Am I missing something?

yup what Burgingham said :) i probably didn't make it clear enough. But yes, blood rage can give up to 7% life leech, which is a very decent amount! It's basically a skill that costs nothing, grants free frenzy charges, and grants free life leech.

it's vital to this build and most other ci phys dmg builds
Build of the Week 14
Oh, I see. I'm just still at a point where I dont ahve the ES/gear to take CI and GR. It's going great for now though.

Last night I realized how to play my build on such a deeper and more understanding level than I ever have... after taking some diazepam (and kava).

Which I really wasn't expecting from a benzo/gaba agonist mix of all things.
could live with out reading about your drug habits on a gaming site tbh not a good example for kids keep it to yourself pr0fesser

Build looks great OP very detailed and will defiantly try this out as an alternate when lvling slows down on main for me ty for posting look forward to future builds of yours
thanks sent! and lol prof stimulated ur brain eh? but yeah as sent said, try to keep it more subtle :p

some minor updates:

tried on a 16q DS gem instead of my previously 0q one, DPS rose to 16k (previously 15k)

reorganised OP coz i figured it was too much to read previously. hopefully it looks less daunting now.
Build of the Week 14
"
sent2killu wrote:
could live with out reading about your drug habits on a gaming site tbh not a good example for kids keep it to yourself pr0fesser

Build looks great OP very detailed and will defiantly try this out as an alternate when lvling slows down on main for me ty for posting look forward to future builds of yours

But it was related to the game and the build we're discussing. Also was quite supprising that a benzo opened up that type of new understanding, as typically they're not very... mentally enhancing.

And kids shouldn't be playing this game. All the violence and blood, would be like a M rating.

"
Invalesco wrote:
thanks sent! and lol prof stimulated ur brain eh? but yeah as sent said, try to keep it more subtle :p

some minor updates:

tried on a 16q DS gem instead of my previously 0q one, DPS rose to 16k (previously 15k)

reorganised OP coz i figured it was too much to read previously. hopefully it looks less daunting now.

I'm probably the minority here, but I like something more complex to sink my teeth into. Hehe, but I understand why you're optimizing it. :3
Last edited by pr0fesser on Oct 17, 2012, 10:48:41 AM
Hi,

I'm going to join next 3h HC race as a Shadow, and I was thinking about using some kind of similar build, but my concern is the early stage and lack of AoE. Anyone tried this already with Freezing Pulse or Cleave ? How good is it in comparison to GS Marauder and such ? At what level Shadow can get Lightning Strike gem anyway ? Thanks for any reply !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info