Account_Protection / Phishing Attempt via PM 'Account report has been filed'

So sad .... At least they should give you back your stuff... I really don't understand why they can't give it back to you.

IGN: Foutros
just got a message on forum from account_security
changed email and account passwords immediately, cleansweeped for any loggers also.
"
foutras wrote:
So sad .... At least they should give you back your stuff... I really don't understand why they can't give it back to you.

because they have a zero restore policy. One of the reasons for such a policy is to combat fraud and protect the in-game economy. It also is very expensive in time and resources to investigate and restore items. They also cannot do rollbacks without affecting everyone on the game.

Sorry you lost your stuff. Take it as a lesson to protect yourself and be more cautious in the future.
"
YamChi wrote:
"
Quirom wrote:
so sad, my friend :(
how can I help you??????????

quitting :( goodbye my fr :((

dont give up, make a come-back, we'll help you as much as we can.
Prophecy: Vietpoe_yamchi
All these people just went to a link from the PM, and entered their passwords, didn't notice to 2 "i" letters, didn't think about why they have to enter their passwords, when they were just logged in. They probably had the same password for their e-mails, that's why the "hackers" could log in.

Y U NO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT INTERNET SECURITY?!
"
mbanana wrote:
changed email and account passwords immediately, cleansweeped for any loggers also.

You shouldn't need to change anything as long as you don't go clicking the links the message provided
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Just literally logged on the forums and bumped a thread of mine in selling and noticed I had a new message. I noticed right off the bat that the name was wrong in the link, and thats when I found this thread. I'm going to email GGG asap so they can add Spam_Report to theyre list.
Yes its a sad thing but this comes with the territory of gaming. Please be sure to raise your awareness in the future to all you victims out there. This was a pathetic attempt to phish my account and an obvious one to be eluded.

Account Report has been filed. #410239
Sent: May 10, 2013 4:50 PM
To: Livingdeadman

Hello,

Your account has been filed under : in game spamming / advertisement.
Please check your account status here:
-mod edit-

Failure to respond may result in permanent ban.

If the report has been wrongful filed, you can choose to file against
the reporter who initially filed the report.

Please remember to visit the link above to protect your account.

-removed the link-
I am a slave and I am a master
Last edited by peachii on May 10, 2013, 10:03:12 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
mbanana wrote:

You shouldn't need to change anything as long as you don't go clicking the links the message provided

Yeah I clicked the link.
yea, i just got that message,
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/377521

=/, some people might not know
ign: @Szczerbaty_wonsz
Just got the same message from a user named : Spam_Report
I clicked the link but then i realised that immediately and changed password + email.
Didnt knew that this was already a known problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info