/popcorn - the daily deals and microtransaction thread

"
Dreggon wrote:
Gore Weta pet 52% off - 95 points.

I did my first Descent: Champions race today, got to level 14 as a Witch before I died. It was actually quite fun, except I was level 11 while some guy was level 19 - bleh. Ah well, every game has its subset of super-pros.

Nice, glad you enjoyed some racing, descent champions is one of my favorites. Might suggest partaking in some endless ledges or regular descent races and see how you like them

(p.s. might want to keep this open in the background if you decide to try the latter)

Also sorta wondering when/if the bandana would ever get some daily deal love, I know the fairy wings have been there already a few times.
Fire Ferrets
Last edited by man_ga on Jun 18, 2014, 4:14:50 AM
Arctic Skull effect 29% off - 155 points.
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:
Arctic Skull effect 29% off - 155 points.

Another price check moment. The Arctic Skull Helmet Effect was just on sale May 3rd for 160 points so I needed to verify that was correct and it is. GGG decided to discount it slightly more for todays sale.

Thanks for updating the original post Dreggon.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Radiant Weapon effect 41% off - 90 points.
IRON MAN
Lightning Footprints effect 45% off - 95 points.
IRON MAN
Premium Stash Tab Bundle 17% off - 165 points.
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:

Got up early this morning (for me) at 4:10 am EST USA and you have already updated the thread. Well done.

Since stash tab bundles (regular or premium) are one of GGGs cash cows I guess it was foolish for me to hope that they would be part of the 24 hour Marathon Sale. I've already dropped $100 on PoE (I know, I know, many have spent more) but another 165 points is a lot for me right now as I'm at a point of playing PoE that puts me in a dilemma. I have many builds to experiment with all kinds of playing and to date with my highest level at 72 I'm up against the high level grind and get bored doing that (hence the reason I have many 50s and 60s builds). I know there's nothing inherently wrong with that as we can play PoE any way we want to but for me (solo self-found non-elite player) I just can't get motivated enough to work the trade system (D3 AH really, really soured me on the whole commodity trading shtick) to get a 6L gear and high level unique weapon that would make zone and map grinding easier to get a build to at least level 80. So until GGG makes any changes that will help (such as better item progression or a higher chance to get 5L gear to drop) I'm not making any more purchases. Sorry GGG but you shouldn't be ignoring the 99%.
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Jun 21, 2014, 4:39:54 AM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:

Got up early this morning (for me) at 4:10 am EST USA and you have already updated the thread. Well done.

Since stash tab bundles (regular or premium) are one of GGGs cash cows I guess it was foolish for me to hope that they would be part of the 24 hour Marathon Sale. I've already dropped $100 on PoE (I know, I know, many have spent more) but another 165 points is a lot for me right now as I'm at a point of playing PoE that puts me in a dilemma. I have many builds to experiment with all kinds of playing and to date with my highest level at 72 I'm up against the high level grind and get bored doing that (hence the reason I have many 50s and 60s builds). I know there's nothing inherently wrong with that as we can play PoE any way we want to but for me (solo self-found non-elite player) I just can't get motivated enough to work the trade system (D3 AH really, really soured me on the whole commodity trading shtick) to get a 6L gear and high level unique weapon that would make zone and map grinding easier to get a build to at least level 80. So until GGG makes any changes that will help (such as better item progression or a higher chance to get 5L gear to drop) I'm not making any more purchases. Sorry GGG but you shouldn't be ignoring the 99%.

I wonder if giving rare items a chance to roll special effects that otherwise only spawn on unique items would make some builds more viable. Maybe with vendor recipes so that you don't get a useless glut of extra mods.

Like if you're a low life build and you need Shavronne's Wrappings, maybe there'd be a vendor recipe for your rare item(s) that gives +(15-25)% of chaos damage not bypassing energy shield. Stack enough of that and your build would work, but at the cost of having to do the vendor recipe whenever you replace a piece of gear, which would not be allowed to have more than 6 mods.

I really, really want to see a substantially more powerful trade interface though. A trading post of sorts, since "auction house" is inaccurate for PoE's trading model. Just needs to be more accessible.

I hate grinding. There's no logic to it. Games are for fun, not work.
IRON MAN
Last edited by Dreggon on Jun 21, 2014, 7:42:26 AM
Stash Tab Bundle 26% off - 110 points.
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:

I wonder if giving rare items a chance to roll special effects that otherwise only spawn on unique items would make some builds more viable. Maybe with vendor recipes so that you don't get a useless glut of extra mods.

Like if you're a low life build and you need Shavronne's Wrappings, maybe there'd be a vendor recipe for your rare item(s) that gives +(15-25)% of chaos damage not bypassing energy shield. Stack enough of that and your build would work, but at the cost of having to do the vendor recipe whenever you replace a piece of gear, which would not be allowed to have more than 6 mods.

I really, really want to see a substantially more powerful trade interface though. A trading post of sorts, since "auction house" is inaccurate for PoE's trading model. Just needs to be more accessible.

I hate grinding. There's no logic to it. Games are for fun, not work.

I'm all for more vendor recipes, we desperately need one for fusings that is not just for end game map runners but one that works from the beginning. We also need an artisan type crafting vendor such that we can craft up individual mods on an item rather than gamble and re-roll all mods. Chris said they are working on an official trading system, something based around a public stash where you can place an item for sale in it. As long as it has very good search capabilities and can be accessed in-game and in the PoE web site I'm all for it. The first I heard of GGG working on a better trading system was over a year ago so it is either way complicated to code or has been shoved too far down on their to-do list and GGG just hasn't assigned enough programming time to it. Then again Chris hinted that the next mini-expansion in August is going to have features to help the new players. Could it be the long awaited trading system? Yes, I concur that grinding is boring. But what does PoE offer after we complete 3 plays of the main acts. Maps are ok for awhile but they too get boring. So I end up with lots of level 60s builds that fizzle out in the face of the harder content and increased grind for each level and I start a new one.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Jun 22, 2014, 7:52:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info