0.9.11 Teaser

OMG so good ! It seems that one of my builds looks most applicable now :) Just need to lvl up to 60+.

Great Job!
So when its 9.11 coming?
"
kadrek91 wrote:
So when its 9.11 coming?

If you listen closely you can hear Chris chuckling maniacally in the background while we all play PoE and wait for the patch.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

"
kadrek91 wrote:
So when its 9.11 coming?

I think he said in about a week on the build of the week video, get maps and the skill tree has been reworked.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
this makes me believe that either:

- maps will be re-usable rather than being consumed with one use, OR
- maps will be so profitable in one run that it'll be almost worth spending a ton of resources to improve their random properties and quality

(In the latter context they would function as a significant eco-sink for many kinds of orbs, probably warranting an increase in drop rate: augment, chaos, alch, alt, regal specifically.... maybe also transmute, chance, scouring if maps can also drop at normal quality)
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Jul 18, 2012, 10:48:52 AM
"
Zakaluka wrote:
this makes me believe that either:

- maps will be re-usable rather than being consumed with one use, OR
- maps will be so profitable in one run that it'll be almost worth spending a ton of resources to improve their random properties and quality

wouldnt it seem really broken if we can get maps with +4400% drop quantity/quality, and be reusable. i dont think each run will guarantee good items, just like any RNG system, but for the fun and the chance of good loot, it's going to be worth it.

im pretty sure most people would save cartographer's chisels(or whatever it's called) for nicely rolled maps, in the same way people wont spend orbs on low level potions.
twitter: LeonoftheChan
merely looking at it from this standpoint: this shot suggests that maps may be worth burning orbs on. Perhaps only sometimes.

Suppose, for instance, finding a high quality map warrants burning every shard you have on it, then rerolling it until you get desirable affixes.

A high quality map with desirable properties would have to drop LOTS of high level rares to make that worthwile, even to a speculator. If the map is only usable once, especially.

And imagine the impact that would have on the economy.

Not any bad or good here, it all sounds cool to me. Just thinking it through.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info