Melee enjoyers?

So what? I had it open last time you were bugging me and you didn't give a shit about it. As for data, i provided a POB in the other topic just a few days ago and as always everyone ignored it for their own convenience. Could you stop pretending like you cared about facts or arguments? We all know you don't.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Apr 26, 2024, 9:18:29 AM
Oh what do we have here?

A forum fight.

Popcorn
rofl, it seems my post was antagonistic but yours are not antagonistic at all.

unfortunately i am not here to game the forum rules. dont have time for that so let s try to rephrase real quick only a portion of whgat i said

you re a supposed expert in melee. and you couldntt put a single suggestion on the melee thread suggestion. you only took the time to trash melee in poe and insult people but too lazy to put one of your extraordinary suggestion.

Last edited by SerialF on Apr 26, 2024, 9:36:56 AM
My first suggestion would be to stop looking at what people say about melee and instead go play it yourself.
my first suggestion would be a block user option on a forum to block people writing 99% useless messages proving they cant read. unfortunate.
Last edited by SerialF on Apr 26, 2024, 10:40:20 AM
"
Aynix wrote:

You are slowly converting to one of people who just yells "melee needs 5 mirror gear to play"

Let me stop you right there, just so we're clear: Melee builds do not need five mirrors to play. I will never convert to one of "those". But I'm not blind; just because content is more than doable on some melee builds, does not mean that melee as a whole is in a good spot.

Did you watch any of his builds/videos? PLENTY of critique towards melee, especially slow(er) builds. Also had HUGE problems in T17 maps with several of his builds. And the one he made it on? MSoZ, which is one of the new skills, way more powerful than 'most' melee skills. If 'most' old melee skills would be brought up (close) to the power of DSoA and MSoZ we would be getting somehwere.

But if you SERIOUSLY think that 1H sword, axe, daggers and/or maces (outside the usual unique(s)) are in a good spot, then fine; I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. If you think dual wield as a whole is in a good spot outside of ONE skill, then again; we just have to agree to disagree. When was the last time you played a build like that, BTW?

It's like you refuse to see the glaring issues here just because we both know that some builds work.

---

I'm not asking for melee to double its damage nor defenses. I'm not asking for melee to be king of the hill. I'm just asking for a little bit more levelled playing field, and for different way of scaling melee to be viable. I don't think that is too much to ask, and I think you're blowing this way out of proportions, ignoring the issues because of the few balanced examples.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
T17 are shit and its not melee problem, its T17 problem.
1h Axes and Maces are not used beucase PoE is all about crits. Who the hell even plays noncrit build nowadays? So once again, its not really melee problem, more like PoE problem itself.
I will agree with the "problem" that unique weapons for melee are much stronger than rare ones (at least on low budget). But I dont consider it a problem
Last edited by Aynix on Apr 26, 2024, 11:33:45 AM
"
SerialF wrote:
rofl, it seems my post was antagonistic but yours are not antagonistic at all.

unfortunately i am not here to game the forum rules. dont have time for that so let s try to rephrase real quick only a portion of whgat i said

you re a supposed expert in melee. and you couldntt put a single suggestion on the melee thread suggestion. you only took the time to trash melee in poe and insult people but too lazy to put one of your extraordinary suggestion.

We have several melee topics spread over feedback and here per month and that's been pretty constant for last half a decade i've been on this forum. Do you expect me to repeat the same suggestions I've already made several times again and again?

But fine, here is another repeat.

1) Stop that totem nonsense. Remove the buff auras from them and put a part of it into the gems themselves to compensate, doesn't have to be the full thing, half of it would be fine since realistically you don't have them up full time right now. At 50% it would likely be a buff still if we talk real dps. If the attack speed from protector get's baked into the base game that will also make skills feel less clunky early on so it's 2 birds with 1 stone.
If GGG think's that's too much of a buff already (and i think they do tbh) they could just take the "buffs linger for x second" property from the totem mastery and bake it into the gems in the form of quality. Linger for 3 seconds at 20 quality, who want's it to last longer can increase it via enhance/ashes. Would still be a massive buff to Qol and performance but at a cost in form of sockets.

2) Introduce more decent unique weapons. Rakiatas Dance was a step in the right direction but this league they took two steps back by gating voidforge, starforge and savior behind ubers. Reverse that. Usable endgame weapons shouldn't be t0 items. There are still a bunch of good weapons available for cheap even now but that's just limiting choices. Give people more choices rather than less.

3) Let vendors sell decent bases for their level that have an appropriate default flat damage mod to give melee easier access to needed upgrades early on. Personally i am fine with just using trade or vendor recipe but there is the point of spells just having to buy that +1 wand in act 1 and be set until red maps. Can't really do that with attack builds but easing it up isn't going to hurt the game or break the powerscale so why not. Might help to reduce that perceived scaling gap between attack builds and spells a little.

Personally i also feel like they could just delete a number of base gems and replace them with their trans versions. Like Ground Slam or Tec Slam. The original gem is just plain useless and boring compared to the trans version. Would also reduce redundancy and bloat. Like is there really a need for sweep, cleave and reave to exist at the same time with basically identical mechanics?

Point 1 and 2 alone would be a massive improvement of the archetype as a whole, 3 is optional. You people always go on about "meeehhhh gems are bad" but ultimately melee scales with weapon damage not with gem level and i think that's a good thing. If you want everything to scale the same way D3 is your game. You won't have damage issues if you have a good weapon so the first thing to do is make good weapons more widely available.

That's pretty much all that needs to be done. The game provides dozens of ways to get borderline immortal for cheap so there is no real need for defense upgrades. If you really want to have that "melee only defense layer" for the sake of it, bake fortify into the gems. I don't think it's needed but's i don't think it would hurt either.

Ranged having better clear speed will always be the case unless you abandon the idea of melee entirely and turn all attacks into screen wide nukes. You just can't be actual melee and compete with ranged in damage projection at the same time it's physically impossible.
If you want to play "melee" with great clear there are already options available for that with HOI/HOA and other CE sheningans and/or by just going flicker.

Frankly, if even half the suggestions made by people here were implemented by GGG i would be butchering t17 and ubers on a sub 5 div budget using melee builds with build power alone, no skill required. That's how completely absurd many of the suggestions here are. I'd like to provide an example post but that's likely against forum rules so i'll refrain.

(For reference by good endgame melee weapon i mean 350+ pdps bases for onehander and 700+ for two handers with some useful adds on top. People wanting to do hundreds of millions of dps can go and work for it)

Last edited by Baharoth15 on Apr 26, 2024, 11:47:05 AM
Honestly I would like ggg to change builds from needing curses/skitterbots for damage bonuses. Melee has it worse since they need warcries and totems on top. In fact if you are really into buffing damage just start dropping lv11 stormblast mines for the damage aura.

Is a cool concept to have damage empowering buffs, but every build seems to run them. It would be worth reevaluating these types of abilities. In fact they may want to add an empower limiter and buff them. Like a limit of three empowered abilities active or something. As it is, it feels clunky.
"
Aynix wrote:

1h Axes and Maces are not used beucase PoE is all about crits. Who the hell even plays noncrit build nowadays?

Well, Elemental Overload is the 7th most used Keystone passive right now, so there are plenty of non-crit builds out there. So it's DEFINITELY more of a melee problem than anything else, or at least an attack problem. You should stop using phrases like "who the hell even plays X nowadays" and start thinking about WHY no one is using it, and you would actually start to see the issues a lot of people are talking about - instead of just wrapping every issue into the "just how PoE is nowadays". With that attitude, no issue will ever be fixed.

It's not wrong or stupid to want the underplayed/underpowered areas of melee to be better. It's not wrong to want the totally forgotten melee skills be be brought up to today's standards. It's not wrong to want more scaling options for melee. It's not wrong to have decent defensive alternatives outside of uber uniques.

The fact that there are tons of issues with melee doesn't mean melee is unplayable, nor that you need "5 mirrors". But it doesn't mean that the issues should be ignored either.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info