Bosses spawning as rare mobs are really interesting but makes me want to quit the game

So with the recent posts i doubted myself and went ahead and went yolo and kept running maps as normal.

i made extra sure NOT to run scarabs so maps are just regularly rolled maps with nothing extra on the side.

on my passive tree i took all MAP clusters and all generic SCARAB clusters, BACK TO BASICS and the MF circles in the centre.

but as you can see in the screenshots, the great white one is appearing in my vault map outside boss room as a regular mob. as it posed no threat i deleted it so i couldnt mouse over to see if it was rare or unique.

Spoiler

[Removed by Support]
I have map bosses spawning frequently in my T14-16 maps without any fancy scarabs or atlas. They are usually white (regular). A common one seems to be the emperor guy (voll from campaign) from the wasteland map.
Unless there's a map mod you can roll which I'm not aware of, it's weird that bosses are appearing in places where they shouldn't.

Invasive Adversaries notable passive is the only thing I could think of at this point, but I don't know if that spawns map bosses as I've never used it.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Apr 23, 2024, 12:05:01 PM
If you want to get to the bottom of this, you need to show the map modifiers in your screenshots because there are quite a few explanations for this.

Without any other information, I'm going to guess this is happening because you aren't reading the corrupted implicit modifiers on the maps you're running.
Last edited by ARealLifeCaribbeanPirate on Apr 23, 2024, 1:44:32 PM
"
mnieradko wrote:
I have map bosses spawning frequently in my T14-16 maps without any fancy scarabs or atlas. They are usually white (regular). A common one seems to be the emperor guy (voll from campaign) from the wasteland map.

i m glad that at least one other person has experienced it. i think i've seen this happen a few times before but i deleted them most of the time just that the one time it came as a rare with mods on it i got deleted instead.

"
Pizzarugi wrote:
Unless there's a map mod you can roll which I'm not aware of, it's weird that bosses are appearing in places where they shouldn't.

Invasive Adversaries notable passive is the only thing I could think of at this point, but I don't know if that spawns map bosses as I've never used it.

i think this is the most likely cause. i ll try unallocating it and monitor

"
If you want to get to the bottom of this, you need to show the map modifiers in your screenshots because there are quite a few explanations for this.

Without any other information, I'm going to guess this is happening because you aren't reading the corrupted implicit modifiers on the maps you're running.

in the first screenshot if you open the image in new tab you can see the mods. that map has no corrupt mods as i normally roll my maps to avoid unwanted mods.

pizzarugi mentioned invasive adversaries atlas node. i think that might be the culprit
[Removed by Support]
the invasive adversaries passive is the culprit, without question. it gives you random strong monster mobs that can appear in t17 maps
"
the invasive adversaries passive is the culprit, without question. it gives you random strong monster mobs that can appear in t17 maps

i think you're right. i've done a ton of maps and not seen a single boss mob appear in normal areas.

really wish GGG clarified the node so we know what to expect.

bosses definitely are stronger mobs but depending on the boss it can be a huge understatement of how much stronger.

whats next? uber bosses replacing regular mobs? they too fit in the "stronger mob" definition.

lol.

anyway problem solved on my end. i ll simply not use this node.
[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info