Melee bad - Feels good and bad to have devs confirm it

"
Aynix wrote:
1. Jonathan is not playing melee (and probably never was)
2. Jonathan is focusing on PoE 2, he donest give a fuck about PoE

Asking him why melee suck and how they plan to fix it is pointless.

He's a founding member and was working on the development of PoE1 until he moved to PoE2. He has some of the most intimate knowledge anyone could have with it. He outlined problems related from both a development and gameplay perspective. There's no need to be black-pilled to this extent.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

He's a founding member and was working on the development of PoE1 until he moved to PoE2. He has some of the most intimate knowledge anyone could have with it. He outlined problems related from both a development and gameplay perspective. There's no need to be black-pilled to this extent.

Aynix doesn't want to hear an opposing argument ... he thinks melee is fine and so it must be because he got a melee character to level 100.

Last edited by Khallis on Apr 23, 2024, 10:04:39 PM
"
hmcg020 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

I listened to entire thing and his answer to "why GGG hates melee" (because that was the question from Josh) is just a bunch of nothingburger.
Im also in camp "melee not bad" because it isnt. Its expensive. Instead of thinking how to make melee better they should think how to make it cheaper to build. Melee will never be able to be comparable to ranged just by the simple fact of how the current PoE is. It will always be better to have a gun instead of a sword. Thats just how it is.
making melee better than ranged would require truly stupid numbers and is not what people in general are asking for. People are asking for melee to be buffed so its not either make the character basically invuln with a few million dps for an absurd investment or make an expensive glass cannon that dies to white mobs. Also basically everyone wants ancestor totem's boni folded into the base skills because dance around the totem is stupid and feels awful.
Make melee less clunky and it already will be huge "buff".
"
I listened to entire thing and his answer to "why GGG hates melee" (because that was the question from Josh) is just a bunch of nothingburger.

At least we can enjoy our wonderful new melee animations before we take a dirt nap while having the agility of a drunken snail drowning in quicksand.
Budget melee is dead with the addition of t17 maps imo. I can't even get my minion build tanky or enough damage to do them I have no clue what I would do on a melee build on a budget. So yeah melee never been worse but still if you got the funds you can still make it work just very hard.
Awakened Multistrike is 80+ divines, high end melee is still alive. But league starting as melee is not exactly the best option available.
"
Aynix wrote:

All they have to do is remove the current totem dynamic and implement whatever's required to compensate. That's it. Let that be the gift to melee before the driver's asleep.

No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Last edited by hmcg020 on Apr 25, 2024, 5:42:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info