Ivory Tower and Coruscating Elixir problem

How much total maximum mana and chaos res do you have? I can see some people playing this build not even running the flask. Are you dieing when the flask is up or down?

If flask is up how are you testing that chaos damage is getting you? I'm assuming flask is down and your mana is suddenly chunking to 0?

"
It doesn't matter of flask cuz Ivory Tower doesn't work.

What does this mean exactly?

"
maybe I need finish special quest

It won't be a quest, if you have enough defenses it might be an interaction between skill points or an item you're missing, i'll try and look at your POB. Can you describe exactly what happens during the deaths and how you are using your flask? I don't think you have 'reuse at end of flask effect' enchant on your flask, so if you are manually pressing it there's probably downtime.

(Account is showing as private in POB, not sure if this has to be changed as well to share or it takes time to update since you have just change your setting recently. If adding flask enchant doesn't help and you want me to take a look add you pob link here)
Last edited by Belegur85 on Apr 15, 2024, 9:19:26 PM
"
Belegur85 wrote:
(Account is showing as private in POB)

It works, but you may need to use the website from URL encoder button POB has. Copy/pasting the account name directly into POB doesn't give the name in the format POB wants to use.

On-topic: Do you die without losing mana from casting Forbidden Rite? From using a Forbidden Taste flask?
"
It works, but you may need to use the website from URL encoder button POB has. Copy/pasting the account name directly into POB doesn't give the name in the format POB wants to use.

Ok thanks, got it now.

"
On-topic: Do you die without losing mana from casting Forbidden Rite? From using a Forbidden Taste flask?

I was thinking something like this as well, but I don't see that on their build so not sure.

They have over 7k mana, -60 chaos res. Pob saying 4.5/7.5k max chaos hit with flask down/up, i would think that should be plenty at lvl70 if mana is staying high. Not too sure what OP means by flask doesnt matter because ivory tower is not working.

POB is showing negative cold and lightning resistance. Assuming this is the problem. OP u have 83/-1/-15 elemental resistance showing in POB. If this is accurate and unless you have some way of taking all ele dmg a different damage type, you would be taking over 400% the dammage of someone with 83/75/75 for cold lightning. If this is the problem I think you can start to fix it with upgrading your rare slots. Did you just do Kitava? You would of received a penalty to your resistances. Using a different belt than immortal flesh might be helpful at least until you get res capped.

If your utility flasks are always up you are close to res capped, enough to survive, but are you getting hit when you flasks are down? I know it is a valid strategy to use flasks to cap res but i've never done it myself, I usually like to be overcapped. Still if you don't think this is problem I can look for other possibilities, this seems the most likely reason to me unless you know otherwise.
Last edited by Belegur85 on Apr 16, 2024, 1:23:08 AM
Ivory Tower + Coruscating Elixir for sure works, it's being used by lots of players this league.

Do you have full ES when you die? Can you record a video?
I did quick test - no eq, just put armor Ivory Tower on The Belly of the Beast area on my Chieftain 91 lvl vs Hierophant 70 lvl

---Chieftain---

---Hierophant---

Like you can see, Chieftain get damage first from mana (photo 1) and after that life is taken. But on Hierophant is something weird cuz I die (0 life and 0 ES) but my mana is almost 100%. Question then why Ivory Tower mode "Chaos Damage is taken from Mana before Life" is just ignore for me? It means the problem is somewhere in passive tree? But I didn't find any to could ignore that mode from Body Armor. I checked also to get positive elemental ress (except chaos) but it changes nothing - Chieftain is also negatiwe -52% on chaos if you will be ask.

What blocked my mode from Chest? Why other can use it, but I can't?
Last edited by Kaczuś on Apr 16, 2024, 11:07:14 AM
"
Kaczuś wrote:
Like you can see, Chieftain get damage first from mana (photo 1) and after that life is taken.

I can see that, but I was really surprised by it. Those monsters I'm pretty sure only do physical damage.

Looking at your Chieftan on poeninja (to see a version of it before your testing), it looks like it had a mastery for "10% of Physical Damage from hits taken as Chaos Damage". It isn't allocated on the character now, but it would explain why the Chieftan was losing Mana.

The Hierophant should have been losing mana too, through the Divine Guidance ascendancy, but would also have superior mana regen to recover that. Similarly, your Chieftan should have superior life regen, so perhaps the damage wasn't enough to dent its life until the mana was spent and the Chaos damage started hitting the life pool.

If you want to test specifically Chaos damage, you could try the enemies in the Causeway that fire green projectiles. They also do some physical damage, but they also inherently do Chaos damage.

You could also try the tests I mentioned in my last post, the Forbidden Rite skill and the Forbidden Taste flask. Both of these are ways of causing yourself to take Chaos damage without depending on monsters.
Everything looks right in the screenshot to me. He lost 100 mana and had a little over 1k life which is consistent with 10% of damage is taken from mana before life. Those mobs dont deal chaos damage so the test for bypassing the chest is not relevant.

And if I were to guess the chieftan has a lot of life regen so it took a lot more hits to whittle him down which is why he ends up with 0 mana.

My opinion here is that your chieftain was actually tanky and could take hits while your hiero is made of paper and is getting smacked by a few big hits which makes it look like chaos is insta killing you. Again I really think we need a video as at this point all we can do is continue to speculate.
Last edited by gladiatorpie on Apr 16, 2024, 1:16:26 PM
"

If you want to test specifically Chaos damage, you could try the enemies in the Causeway that fire green projectiles. They also do some physical damage, but they also inherently do Chaos damage.

Oh, ye you were right, it's work, I'm just stupid lol
So what hitting me that hurts in Delve and Maps it's just normal physical hits. I have cold ress 70%+. and Cold 60% with flasks.

Ok thx and I glad I can just play :)
This build should be relatively tanky except for having to be in melee range. I think when your health/es/mana pool starts to get really big it will be pretty good.
Ye, I am tankier at now. Just realized I need high max fire ress and get Arcane Cloak for nice boost to survive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info