Josh Strife Hayes Interviews Jonathan Rogers

TLDR:
- Damage numbers Elden Ring Style. Will show up near the boss HP bars
- Mass un-identify with NPCs in hubs/towns
- Respec with gold. Gets more expensive as players level
- Leech is more simplified
- PoE 2 a new game because too much changed to make it work with PoE 1
- Affliction league used 6 years old PoE 2 assets that where not good enough anymore
- Melee sucks in PoE 1 and reasons why to make it better in PoE 2 starts at the 1 hours and 13 minutes mark. (main reason is outdated and redundant rigging for all 7 base classes)
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
From the stand point of jungian archetypes

That shit was hard to watch you guys
"
Pashid wrote:
who?

People want to see and hear about new content and not have yet another interview with a total random guy unrelated to PoE.

who are you and who elected you to be the voice of everyone?

for sure i respect your individual opinion and i m pretty sure there are other people who may share your sentiment.

but you dont speak for everyone.

[Removed by Support]
"
exsea wrote:
"
Pashid wrote:
who?

People want to see and hear about new content and not have yet another interview with a total random guy unrelated to PoE.

who are you and who elected you to be the voice of everyone?

for sure i respect your individual opinion and i m pretty sure there are other people who may share your sentiment.

but you dont speak for everyone.

This.

Also, Josh stated multiple times during the interview that Jonathan had already been interview by other streamers/CC that have FAR more knowledge than him.

Nevertheless, I personally watched the full thing and enjoyed it. It once again confirmed to me that Jonathan is such a cool guy - and so is Josh (and I don't particularly watch or follow Josh videos).
"
Daric wrote:

This.

Also, Josh stated multiple times during the interview that Jonathan had already been interview by other streamers/CC that have FAR more knowledge than him.

Nevertheless, I personally watched the full thing and enjoyed it. It once again confirmed to me that Jonathan is such a cool guy - and so is Josh (and I don't particularly watch or follow Josh videos).

i actually enjoy binging josh's vids and let them play in the background. i like his "worst mmorpg" series where he tried old mmos and tells players his thoughts and opinions on them

hes VERY self aware and sometimes says stuff like "oh my god the monster balls are so huge" knowing people like me just listen to him in the background. he quickly follows up with "if you alt tabbed out to check my stream you now owe it to me to like and subscribe"

fun chap.

he's actually also very critical of POE. he likes poe and acknowledges POE as a damn good arpg. but hes not shy to say that POE gives players a lot of "quit moments".

i agree to a huge lot to what he says.
[Removed by Support]
I watched the interview and I was whelmed.
yopw
I actually really enjoyed listening to this, and while obviously it didn't get into the gritty details of gameplay etc... it was cool to hear bits and pieces of jonathan's overall philosophy on game development and josh did a great job interviewing. You can see why he is so successful. cool interview
Josh was a fantastic interviewer. My expectations were high, knowing his content already, yet I was still surprised by how well done it was.

Never have I laughed through one of the interviews before, it was awesome! Thank you and hopefully to many more!

Also, for whoever reads this... in PoE2, do we know if that vendor that identifies items is town-exclusive or can it also be present in your hideout? xD
Her beauty did not fade
her humanity did not survive.
An interesting interview, two of the subjects captured my attention.

1) The massive scale, and shock for new players, of the passive tree.

How about if the passive tree was still as large and still fully revealed but was split into 3 to 4 sub trees? Would this perhaps reduce the new player shock and keep experienced players happy?
The entire passive tree would exist normally in the background of the game engine (and on PoB) but in game would be shown as 3-4 (or even as many as one per base class) subtrees, and still have cross-sub tree interactions (ranger paths down towards duellist or up towards shadow zones, those spends also allocate on that other class sub tree automatically)

2) The cost of respecing for new players.

How about after the equivalent of POE1 act 5 end (I.e. first thing you could do only after Kitava dies, it before entering act 6) you can reset the tree once for free, the same thing after equivalent of POE1 second Kitava kill you could reset the tree for 10-20 ‘regrets’ and from then on the cost would be the same as normal?

Please when replying consider this is ONLY a suggestion for new player flexibility without (hopefully) having any meaningful change of game experience for veteran players.

EDIT - rewritten a few times to try and shorten and make more clear.
Last edited by Timbo Zero on Apr 23, 2024, 6:07:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info