Can someone explain why they didn't convert master missions to scarabs in Standard?

This was one of the biggest slaps in the face of Standard I have seen in years. I had literally 2,000+ master missions. Was using them every day for Bestiary and what did they come up with as a solution? They give Standard players a veiled scarab from our sextants that gives a random scarab, most of which are in a pool of non-usables and won't be touched ever so at best, we can hope someone will buy them from us after we're done pricing all of them in a competitive market that changes prices all of the time, meaning we will have to manually price match each one of the new scarabs in our Scarab stash tab to have any type of chance of selling them with other people who are also setting the price to the lowest one.

The number of clicks that a Standard player has to even do to make the conversion of all their scarabs and to make no method for doing this automatically for Standard players? Do they care about Standard at all? Because it really doesn't seem like it anymore.

Why, someone even from the dev team even, tell me why you would not just convert our master missions we had to the scarabs they are related to? Bestiary missions to Bestiary scarabs, Niko missions to Niko scarabs. Was this really too much to ask? Or is this some weird "advantage" in their minds? Because the way I see it, they just gave Standard players the short end of the stick out of either lazyism because it would take time for them to code and the veiled scarabs was the easiest solution for them and/or them thinking it would be too advantageous somehow.

They even removed the infused map options from the map device and I had a good 30-40 of them for each category. They didn't even document this either. I emailed them, made posts about it and got no response. Most people don't have time or energy to even write all of this out but those who do play Standard, they know. They know how it feels to have progress taken away out of a lack of effort in making things fair.

To make things even worse, you would think, ok, SURELY they will at least make it so you have some way to guarantee getting the Master Mission scarabs from the Atlas tree passives like they did previously with guaranteeing Master Missions on the Atlas tree. Nope. All you get is blocking scarabs from other content that doesn't include Mission scarabs from Einhar, Niko, etc.

This feels horrible to say the least. I'm disappointed and I don't care if people say "lol Standard". Go ahead and laugh. This is all I play. I don't play leagues, I don't play SSF, I don't play Hardcore. I play Standard. S T A N D A R D. Why? Because it's fun to me. Same way I would question how you all are having fun in leagues that I view as an experimental QA beta test that you don't get paid for testing while playing with overly nerfed gear.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
Last edited by MLGonthorian on Apr 1, 2024, 2:40:14 PM
Last bumped on Apr 4, 2024, 3:53:44 PM
The same with charms, they should lock them on characters at least, but yeah, ruin builds as usual. "We care", PR bullshit, nothing more.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
This was one of the biggest slaps in the face of Standard I have seen in years. I had literally 2,000+ master missions. Was using them every day for Bestiary and what did they come up with as a solution?

You clearly didn't used them well enough, otherwise you wouldn't have 2k or more to begin with hoho

But yea the game not changes ain't made or balanced around graveyard league.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
Pashid wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
This was one of the biggest slaps in the face of Standard I have seen in years. I had literally 2,000+ master missions. Was using them every day for Bestiary and what did they come up with as a solution?

You clearly didn't used them well enough, otherwise you wouldn't have 2k or more to begin with hoho

But yea the game not changes ain't made or balanced around graveyard league.

Except I initially had around 4300 and went down to around 2,000 and was using them slowly day by day. Now I have ZERO. Sorry I can't sit there glued to my computer all day using my master missions 24/7. People have lives outside of this game, as hard as that may be to believe.

Your mocking, dismissive, and disrespectful comments towards Standard is the reason why devs don't bother in the first place. Had someone stood up for Standard players in the past instead of just mocking them every time, maybe something would be done about this, but clearly not. Clearly, we don't matter enough to make things fair.

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
"
MLGonthorian wrote:

Your mocking, dismissive, and disrespectful comments towards Standard is the reason why devs don't bother in the first place. Had someone stood up for Standard players in the past instead of just mocking them every time, maybe something would be done about this, but clearly not. Clearly, we don't matter enough to make things fair.

Quaite opposite. GGG shown plenty of times that they do not care about Standard and that why normal players also stoped caring.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:

Quaite opposite. GGG shown plenty of times that they do not care about Standard and that why normal players also stoped caring.

Did you not read anything I wrote in the post or do you just default to disagreeing? What they did to Standard with 3.24 is the most bare minimum cop-out solution that you could think of. I explained why in the post. You can't put yourself in my shoes because you don't play Standard, you play leagues. This doesn't matter to you and if you DID experience this, you would have a different outlook. Even reading it alone should tell you that something is seriously wrong with how they handled this. The other forum posts on here and Reddit about how they handled this change for Standard speak for themselves.

You think that its OUR fault that GGG stopped caring about standard. No. GGG stopped caring about standard long ago and thats why, over time, people also started using standard as a meme. Did you not have enough proofs for that over time? Or maybe I should list you few when they shat on standard WAY harder than this time?
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
I had literally 2,000+ master missions. Was using them every day for Bestiary and what did they come up with as a solution?

you now get 104% chance for einhar to appear in your maps on the passive tree by taking the bestiary nodes, so you now essentially have infinite einhar master missions if thats what you want to play.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
I had literally 2,000+ master missions. Was using them every day for Bestiary and what did they come up with as a solution?

you now get 104% chance for einhar to appear in your maps on the passive tree by taking the bestiary nodes, so you now essentially have infinite einhar master missions if thats what you want to play.

Wrong. You're being overly generous with that 104% because that would mean you picked literally every node there is for Einhar chance. You don't know what the base chance for it to spawn is either. So if for instance, the base chance is 2-3%, multiplying that even by 104% isn't going to do much

(0.02 * 1.04 = 0.0208

So, 2% multiplied by 104% equals 0.0208, or you can express it as 2.08%.)

Also considering the other masters have a chance to spawn instead of Einhar.

"
MLGonthorian wrote:

So, 2% multiplied by 104% equals 0.0208, or you can express it as 2.08%.)

Your math killed me ^ ^ Its 104% MORE. What you shown is 4% more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info