Neon asked for a brief summery of melee's biggest problems w/ simple suggetions

"
mnieradko wrote:

Even these simple suggestions would still make melee a joke in most endgame environments.

less of a joke is still better.

Honestly just delete the negative attack speed multiplier... it was done for aesthetic reasons... the same reason they used to remove left click skill binds. and by the same guy publicly on record as having changed them because he didn't like the aesthetics..

That guy is very smart, but he's also actively made the game worse on many occasions because the diseases he sees are aesthetic and the cures always seem to involve objectively making the game mechanically worse. Look at it this way:

Left click skill bind removed because of aethetics caused:
Multiple skill changes, 2 new support gems, multiple unintentional nerfs to poorly competing skills, QoL lost for melee builds, scaling lost for melee builds, mana issues for melee builds.

In return we got:
Warcry's going RAAAWRR every 6 or 8 seconds in our Hideouts Aesthetically WORSE THAN LEFT CLICK IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY.

WHich caused them to put in multiple kludges to turn the automated sound down. Fixing problems they created.

This in my line of work is what we refer to as a clown fiesta. Someone up high making a needless change that demonstrably worsens the product and then everyone else is left to just mitigate the bad decision as best they can.

Lets do the same breakdown for the melee negative attack speed multiplier put in to slow the TOP END melee attack speeds because the same guy hated how Mathil's builds look on Youtube (note he talked about this publicly on Beaclast podcast):

This made every melee (all but the few that have no negative speed) feel bad AT A BASELINE. Caused the new (at the time) Animation canceling to feel even more jank than needed. Significantly worsened Melee's scalability when it was already worse than spells (a gap thats only gotten bigger). The numerical buffs at the time just made them "tread water" and then later (if you can imagine it) they actually REMOVED MOST OF THOSE BUFFS and for about 3 years repeatedly nerfed melee by proxy (buffing the shit out of spells base damage for "hand casting", giving Ranged 3 free auto-targeting totems etc.) and directly.

Later on this resulted in kludging of low level bases to have artificially high base weapon speeds to partially compensate for how bad this feels.

Inelegant solutions required due to a self made problems...
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Apr 12, 2024, 9:04:56 PM
you can forget ggg making melee good again they nerfed it into the ground for no reason so that you can make god spell and bow builds.

with that said yes i do hate melee is bad i loved the bleed quake build first build i ever had fun playing on this game

with that said a bleed bow build got too powerful so they nerfed bleed into the ground then that destroyed the glad removing the ascendency node the gave spell block and then refused to add any kind of spell block the that side of the tree to make up for it

hate the break the bad news ggg don't want you to have fun in this game the only reason the walk nerfs back like when the killed flask was becuz the player base rebelled and they had no choice the only way to stop useless nerfs is to not buy packs and to not login and they will take it back.
Last edited by Savage_Tha_Clown on Apr 13, 2024, 3:41:29 AM
"
you can forget ggg making melee good again they nerfed it into the ground for no reason so that you can make god spell and bow builds.

with that said yes i do hate melee is bad i loved the bleed quake build first build i ever had fun playing on this game

with that said a bleed bow build got too powerful so they nerfed bleed into the ground then that destroyed the glad removing the ascendency node the gave spell block and then refused to add any kind of spell block the that side of the tree to make up for it

hate the break the bad news ggg don't want you to have fun in this game the only reason the walk nerfs back like when the killed flask was becuz the player base rebelled and they had no choice the only way to stop useless nerfs is to not buy packs and to not login and they will take it back.

The RMT will just buy packs in our stead as the game steadily becomes playable on nothing less than a liquid-nitrogen cooled quantum-cpu powered machine.

Would be nice to have melee be viable like it was supposed to be back in Legion when it was still just a design challenge but if anyone here played that league it was the antithesis of melee rather proliferating skills reigned supreme such as essence drain and vaal ice nova.

I was so excited to dig deep on melee that patch despite having zero experience successfully reaching endgame with melee i was ready to suffer and learn, but there was no point.

Imo the problem is the decisions being made and if i had to be really honest a lack of ability to come up with solutions to problems in general.

I am tired of watching this world burn.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Apr 13, 2024, 3:17:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info