Sextants being removed is an awful change and recent changes are awful in general

"
Iggy5150 wrote:
nerfing Soul Eater and TS I think they are justified.

No, it wasn't. With Soul Eater being ruined, there is absolutely no reason to even run Zerphi's Heart anymore. A heavy investment unique that was designed as a chase item around the fact that you can stack a ton of Soul Eater. There is no reason to use Soulthirst either and that belt was at least something you can use as a crutch if you have no currency in leagues.

50 stacks of Soul Eater is WAAY too low. To make it degrade the way they did is lame too. The only reason they did the change is because of people with HH having fun when they steal the buff from a rare. Yet HH was nerfed already after they introduced the Archenemesis and the way mods were taken by hh with the new rare mobs modifiers.

If they have to nerf TS because tons of people are using it then that means the other bow skills are not worth using and should be adjusted to bring them in line with something fun but balanced. Not something that you have to spend mirrors on to even make functional, which TS you had to spend mirrors on to make decent anyway so they just made it even more expensive and still leaving people using it until they either bring the other bow skills in line or change the skill completely.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
Last edited by MLGonthorian on Apr 1, 2024, 1:45:53 PM
"
Iggy5150 wrote:
I really like not having to buy or itemize sextants anymore but the loot in general just feels very bad. Scarabs being 95% of my loot doesn't feel correct. There's also no much room to use reliquary scarabs at least for the strategies I've been testing so I'm dropping almost no uniques. Currency drops are also very scarce. Like there's no good incentive for running maps as of now.

The changes have the potential to be good but they need some tuning. For example having an additional slot in the map device and balancing scarabs in terms of power and availability (i.e. Abyss Scarab of Edifice is mandatory for abyss to feel good), or introducing something like craftable voidstones, as we had watchstones back in the days.

Other changes such as nerfing Soul Eater and TS I think they are justified.

100% on the sextants such an amazing recent change, the loot is a bit toned down but I feel like everyone got too used to Affliction and need a bit more time to adjust to what is normal, and figure out their respective trees, as a lot did change.

Loaded up a few runs on standard with some scarabs and a tree, didn't really see much issue on the loot side of things. In league you have such a high % chance to get mechanics now that the mid/early game doesn't really require the scarabs. Which leaves them more for late game farming, pretty in line with how old sextants were used.

Totally agree that nerfing to soul eater and TS were amazing recent changes. Glad to see a meta shake up especially around that specific skill.

Outside of the league, the base game is much better. So many useful recent changes.
Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.
Last edited by Chickenwink on Apr 1, 2024, 2:19:03 PM
POE was at it's absolutely best in Affliction. I am with you in many points that even the coregame feels worse in this iteration.
Well, not to speak of the league.
I agree 100% Sextants were great and when this honey moon phases ends maybe you will see it. The barrier of entry to farming is even harder than before. Last league I played breach and cost me next to nothing, Now I have to pay 60-80c for a breach scarab for 1 RUN? Thanks GGG what a terrible system. The scarabs are TOO RARE! Even end game juicers are annoyed 9 DIVs for a scarab are you serious GGG you really messed up. I want to farm a strat but everything is either EXPENSIVE or BAD because you want super rare scarab rates.

AND HONESTLY, if you say 'oh well Im glad I don't have to apply scarabs every 3 maps' thats sounds SO dumb sextants Were SO GOOD. Maybe they could just apply some of their FANTASTIC QQL thinking and IMPROVE SEXTANTS INSTEAD OF REMOVING IT AND COMPLETELY REVAMPING THE END GAME WITH AN UNTESTED UNASKED FOR SYSTEM. I know GGG has free rein over whatever they want because who cares what the player thinks were just gonna DO STUFF EVEN IF ITS BAD BECAUSE WE THINK IT IS.
Affliction is so much better and more fun than necropolis its funny
Y'all who are happy with the scarab changes just wait & see till you realise even the cheapest mechanics like damn Essences - basins for all the crafting - will cost divines to farm, because the scarab drop rates will be so low and the drop pool so diluted that you will rather sell those Scarabs, than run them.

It's not even funny how people clap at those changes eating the developers from the hand, not realising how they're being disrespected "deal with it" style, as they're told what's essentially huge nerfs to the Atlas are actually buffs. Same as with nerfing boss rushing, they want you to grind more.

God forbid we have at least some mechanics that are cheaper and easier to start off of and to run, keeping the Scarabs, at the same time without Growing Hordes and all the important Harvest/Essence nodes being removed would be too much. We should treat this "amazing game" like a job and weak beginners don't deserve this game or having too much fun with farming, they might get rich too easy and too fast.

It's not like they couldn’t just rise the usage of a compass to 20, increasing sextant drops and buffing & adding some of the most beloved nodes. Diluting the pool of good scarabs (which were already scarce) was easier ;)

I'll change my mind if they buff the drops and make it easier to target farm scarabs for previous easy obtainable mechanics.
"
venvaneless wrote:
Y'all who are happy with the scarab changes just wait & see till you realise even the cheapest mechanics like damn Essences - basins for all the crafting - will cost divines to farm, because the scarab drop rates will be so low and the drop pool so diluted that you will rather sell those Scarabs, than run them.

It's not even funny how people clap at those changes eating the developers from the hand, not realising how they're being disrespected "deal with it" style, as they're told what's essentially huge nerfs to the Atlas are actually buffs. Same as with nerfing boss rushing, they want you to grind more.

God forbid we have at least some mechanics that are cheaper and easier to start off of and to run, keeping the Scarabs, at the same time without Growing Hordes and all the important Harvest/Essence nodes being removed would be too much. We should treat this "amazing game" like a job and weak beginners don't deserve this game or having too much fun with farming, they might get rich too easy and too fast.

It's not like they couldn’t just rise the usage of a compass to 20, increasing sextant drops and buffing & adding some of the most beloved nodes. Diluting the pool of good scarabs (which were already scarce) was easier ;)

I'll change my mind if they buff the drops and make it easier to target farm scarabs for previous easy obtainable mechanics.

no matter a buff. first you need all scarab nodes on atlas tree if you wanna even see a better scarab. and just running scarabs without investing tree points in mechanics just feels as a waste. and worst offender is how much worthless trading this adds. i dont wanna trade 100 different scarabs all day just to get few chaos
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
Tornado shot not only nerfed numerically but also the entire animation changed to remove it as one of the few bow skills left in the game that is decent.

lol, just reading that alone invalidates everything else

Tornado Shot has been completely overpowered for years ; and guess what it still is with high investment.

I don't care about the opinion of someone like you
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
I like most of the changes, however heist which was one of my favorite league mechanics took yet another huge nerf by removing enchanted contract modifier from sextants while being the only mechanic that got no scarabs to compensate. Heist was already punished with the changes to gems last league and now it just feels like not rewarding at all compared to any other league mechanic, even barrels have a scarab. The Necropolis mechanic itself is not great at least not to my liking, ill rather farm than spend hours crafting items but i like the allflames and the new scarabs i just wish they would at least add some to heist and make it worth doing again. I was not really enjoying the league to begin with because of the broken farming strategy and the fact that your 5 map device slot was gated behind doing a tier 17 map that most builds simply could not do and kind of forced you to play specific expensive builds but i think this last patch fixed most of these issues
"
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
Tornado shot not only nerfed numerically but also the entire animation changed to remove it as one of the few bow skills left in the game that is decent.

lol, just reading that alone invalidates everything else

Tornado Shot has been completely overpowered for years ; and guess what it still is with high investment.

I don't care about the opinion of someone like you

If they have to nerf TS because tons of people are using it then that means the other bow skills are not worth using and should be adjusted to bring them in line with something fun but balanced. Not something that you have to spend mirrors on to even make functional, which TS you had to spend mirrors on to make decent anyway so they just made it even more expensive and still leaving people using it until they either bring the other bow skills in line or change the skill completely.

Also, if you really "didn't care" you wouldn't have bothered to respond in the first place.

Last edited by MLGonthorian on Apr 11, 2024, 6:47:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info