Sextants being removed is an awful change and recent changes are awful in general

This change is awful for various reasons.

For one, they now made it so you have to use a map device slot for a scarab that only provides 1 bonus. Whereas the sextants allowed you to add 4 different bonuses to a map without using a single map device slot.

Second, a complete clutter adder is what you get with the scarabs giving the mods of sextants instead.

Third, none of their "counter-balance" on the tree makes up even close to the power you lose when being able to modify the maps with your sextants.

This sextant/scarab change is just sextants with extra steps. How are people not seeing through what's really happening with this? The sextants existed OUTSIDE of the map device, it gave you 4 different modifiers you could add to your maps on the watchstones. That means you got 4 modifiers from your sextants AND 4 modifiers from your scarabs. You removed this and now replaced it with more item clutter via scarabs, yet we still only have 4 slots for scarabs on the map device. So we're getting worse modifiers on scarabs to accommodate the sextant mechanic you removed, yet we only have 4 slots on the map device to use the scarabs. How is no one commenting on this? I'm genuinely asking. I looked through the scarabs, in what way is this a better system than the sextants??

This is also worse trade-wise. Before, you would only have to buy sextants in bulk and you can roll for sextant mods yourself. It only takes a couple of rolls to get the mods you want usually and you can settle for most mods sextants gave you.

Now, you have to HOPE that someone prices a scarab that you want at a decent price and the scarab that you want, will be priced higher, as opposed to a fixed price of a sextant that is priced based on the notion of it rolling any mod.

The more I look over and read what they changed this new system to, the worse it gets. The amount of good provided by sextants in terms of pack size, magic find, etc. is gone. Read through some of these new scarabs they added, instead of having a system where you can get progressively better scarabs in higher tiers of maps or more difficult content, now they made it so that the scarabs just offer different things that you can do with the content. A lot of which, you will never use.

For instance, you used to progressively get more rare drops from the elder scarab or you would get more divination cards or more unique drops changed by a percentage depending on the tier of the scarab. Now instead, they just offer different things and I can guarantee a good amount of these scarabs will not be used or touched by a lot of people.

This means that it's a double, maybe even triple nerf because now you will have to hope that you are dropping the scarabs you actually need because the rest of them won't be used and accordingly, this will make the scarabs that were previously used even as a rusted version, much more expensive.

It's such a huge nerf that it comes off devious if I'm being honest. And to actually label this as a Quality of Life feature comes off as nefarious.

Take one example of the new Legion scarabs they changed. They have 5 DIFFERENT Legion scarabs and only ONE of them has the modifier "contains a legion encounter". This means that you have additional probabilities added on to the already low chance of getting the scarab that you need. If you get a legion scarab, it will have a 1 in 5 chance of being the legion scarab that you actually need and ON TOP OF already being in the pool of a large number of scarabs that you don't need or want. This is simple probability. Yet you watch a stream by a dev telling you it's all good and that's enough for you to think it's fine and not think for yourself.

Don't even get me started on the Master missions they removed. This was one of the biggest slaps in the face of Standard I have seen in years. I had literally 2,000+ master missions. Was using them every day for Bestiary and what did they come up with as a solution? They give Standard players a veiled scarab from our sextants that gives a random scarab, most of which are in a pool of non-usables and won't be touched ever so at best, we can hope someone will buy them from us after we're done pricing all of them in a competitive market that changes prices all of the time, meaning we will have to manually price match each one of the new scarabs in our Scarab stash tab to have any type of chance of selling them with other people who are also setting the price to the lowest one.

The number of clicks that a Standard player has to even do to make the conversion of all their scarabs and to make no method for doing this automatically for Standard players? Do they care about Standard at all? Because it really doesn't seem like it anymore.

Why, someone even from the dev team even, tell me why you would not just convert our master missions we had to the scarabs they are related to? Bestiary missions to Bestiary scarabs, Niko missions to Niko scarabs. Was this really too much to ask? Or is this some weird "advantage" in their minds? Because the way I see it, they just gave Standard players the short end of the stick out of either lazyism because it would take time for them to code and the veiled scarabs was the easiest solution for them and/or them thinking it would be too advantageous somehow.

They even removed the infused map options from the map device and I have a good 30-40 of them for each category. They didn't even document this either. I emailed them, made posts about it and got no response. Most people don't have time or energy to even write all of this out but those who do play Standard, they know. They know how it feels to have progress taken away out of a lack of effort in making things fair.

To make things even worse, you would think, ok, SURELY they will at least make it so you have some way to guarantee getting the Master Mission scarabs from the Atlas tree passives like they did previously with guaranteeing Master Missions on the Atlas tree. Nope. All you get is blocking scarabs from other content that doesn't include Mission scarabs from Einhar, Niko, etc.

This feels horrible to say the least. I'm disappointed and I don't care if people say "lol Standard". Go ahead and laugh. This is all I play. I don't play leagues, I don't play SSF, I don't play Hardcore. I play Standard. S T A N D A R D. Why? Because it's fun to me. Same way I would question how you all are having fun in leagues that I view as an experimental QA beta test that you don't get paid for testing while playing with overly nerfed gear.

People aren't even asking them what the drop chance of the new scarabs will be. Yet you're all so conditioned to just not know what the drop chance of things in the game is, that you're fine with not knowing. In Runescape and other games, there are wiki pages telling you EXACTLY what the drop chance of something is. Meaning, they could have changed the drop chance of these new scarabs to be lower than what it was before and you would have no way of knowing. They will not tell you either because of some type of weird "having an advantage" philosophy.

I myself already have a scarab tab and all of the other ones but I can't even imagine what people playing this game without the tab will have to do now.

Economically, the trading of a single scarab you need out of tons of different ones added in as item clutter is a worse system as opposed to just trading for the smaller pool of scarabs or having the choice of just buying a rusted scarab if you can't afford the higher tiers. Trading for sextants is less cumbersome also because it's a single item you have to worry about trading and it's priced under the notion that it will give a random roll as opposed to certain scarabs that will clearly be better and priced higher than others.

They also somehow convinced the community into thinking it was too much work for them to open the atlas and apply 4 clicks on the watchstones to get the power of 4 different scarabs but ones that actually give a lot of good like pack size, quant/rarity, vaal vessels with special vaal gear etc. To apply 4 clicks on the Atlas and to only have to do this once you finish 4 maps, this is too much work? Also considering neither the new Atlas passives OR the new scarabs compensate for what you lost with the sextants. Really look through the list of sextant mods you lost again to let it sink in https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/List_of_sextant_mods (This is what you lost) and THIS is what you got in return https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3497694

If they really cared about you actually clicking too much being the problem, they would have made it so the sextants last for 20 maps like they did with the stack size of scarabs. Problem solved. But that's never what this was about, it was about covertly nerfing player power and labeling it as a "rework" to save face.

Think about what you are really saying with this. There's no way it makes any sense.

Either that or people are just coping after losing power. There's no way you're going to tell me a rational person will look at this severe of an endgame nerf and go "Yes! This is good because I don't have to click 4 times after finishing 4 maps!" Who are we kidding, it's just bad. There's no other way to say this.

Also, why did prophecies have to get removed if they accomplished a similar goal, you could roll prophecies for frogs, rats, tempests. Now you can't roll for frogs or rats. Tempests you can only get as a rare occurrence off of the map mods you have to pay for. It's going backwards in terms of options.

Why did Metamorph have to get removed? That was one of the few fun mechanics to run on a map. I don't understand what's happening anymore. This is just sad...

Flasks now have to be corrupted just to get some minor quality improvement.

Tattoos drop now, oh but just not in Standard and you can look forward to playing the league content in Standard 2-3 years from now. For the people who play Standard exclusively because we don't exist apparently.

Tornado shot not only nerfed numerically but also the entire animation changed to remove it as one of the few bow skills left in the game that is decent.

Soul eater ruined.

Oh and as always, the mtx available currently is going to get removed and replaced with new mtx as a FOMO tactic to get people to buy a pack of mtx out of the fear of missing out on it once it leaves the store.

Keeping track, Heist gems removed and replaced with niche non-useful trans gems, sextants removed, Harvest crafting removed. Enchanting from labyrinth removed. Enchanting jewels from Harvest removed. Frogs/rats and tempests from being able to use prophesies removed. Divination card using to get good items removed. Little to no previous leagues being re-added. Nerfs central as usual. Even Standard is not fun anymore and you would think that would be impossible to mess up.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
Last edited by MLGonthorian on Apr 3, 2024, 11:50:03 AM
Last bumped on Apr 16, 2024, 5:04:22 AM
I'm just happy I don't have to reapply them every 3 or 4 maps anymore
"
MagosX wrote:
I'm just happy I don't have to reapply them every 3 or 4 maps anymore

This.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Nahh im all in! Sextant rolling and buying was just awefull!
"
Benzka wrote:

"Devs are infallible and all changes are wonderful."

So most opinions you have are just in favor of whatever devs do? Because that seems really boring if you ask me and that's the majority of what I see from most people who play this game blindly without questioning anything.

Maybe, just maybe, they had good systems that didn't require any "fixing" to begin with. Yet they're so insistent on fixing what isn't broken that they have to either remove or drastically change an entire system for the sake of showing they are changing something. It's just annoying. It's not fun, it's frustrating and takes away options as a net negative. That is all that I see from all of these changes.

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
Last edited by MLGonthorian on Mar 24, 2024, 7:12:53 PM
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
"
Benzka wrote:

Do you have an actual opinion or is all of it just in favor of whatever devs do? Because that seems really boring if you ask me and that's the majority of what I see from most people who play this game blindly without questioning anything.

Maybe, just maybe, they had good systems that didn't require any "fixing" to begin with. Yet they're so insistent on fixing what isn't broken that they have to either remove or drastically change an entire system for the sake of showing they are changing something. It's just annoying. It's not fun, it's frustrating and takes away options as a net negative. That is all that I see from all of these changes.

Almost everyone hated the sextant system, rolling your own was tedious, buying them in bulk was tedious, reapplying them every few maps was tedious.
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
"
Benzka wrote:

Do you have an actual opinion or is all of it just in favor of whatever devs do? Because that seems really boring if you ask me and that's the majority of what I see from most people who play this game blindly without questioning anything.

Almost everyone hated the sextant system, rolling your own was tedious, buying them in bulk was tedious, reapplying them every few maps was tedious.

Yeah, you're right. I'm sure people will enjoy to instead use a scarab for one of the map device slots to get 1/10th of the power you would from just applying 4 sextants outside of the map device that affects the map in 4 different ways. Oh and then make sure you pick up all those new extra scarabs which will take up your inventory space that you will need to place into the map device to get the same effects back, yet they're not the same effects as the sextants and you'll have to take out one of your scarabs you would put in otherwise to use what you could just apply as a sextant instead. Genius. I couldn't have thought of a better solution. Truly.

Last edited by MLGonthorian on Mar 21, 2024, 5:09:27 PM
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
Yeah, you're right. I'm sure people will enjoy to instead use a scarab for one of the map device slots to get 1/10th of the power you would from just applying 4 sextants outside of the map device that affects the map in 4 different ways. Oh and then make sure you pick up all those new extra scarabs that you will need to place into the map device to get the same effects back, yet they're not the same effects as the sextants and you'll have to take out one of your scarabs you would put in otherwise to use what you could just apply as a sextant instead. Genius. I couldn't have thought of a better solution. Truly.

You can have a stack of 10 scarabs. I'd rather slot 4 10-stack scarabs and run my maps in batches of 10 than making sure to remember to re-use compasses every 4.

That's a loss I'm willing to accept for convenience.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
Yeah, you're right. I'm sure people will enjoy to instead use a scarab for one of the map device slots to get 1/10th of the power you would from just applying 4 sextants outside of the map device that affects the map in 4 different ways. Oh and then make sure you pick up all those new extra scarabs that you will need to place into the map device to get the same effects back, yet they're not the same effects as the sextants and you'll have to take out one of your scarabs you would put in otherwise to use what you could just apply as a sextant instead. Genius. I couldn't have thought of a better solution. Truly.

You can have a stack of 10 scarabs. I'd rather slot 4 10-stack scarabs and run my maps in batches of 10 than making sure to remember to re-use compasses every 4.

That's a loss I'm willing to accept for convenience.

You were able to have a 10-stack of scarabs in the device before this change so what is even your point? You understand you're just having options taken away from you right? It's literally a net negative in every aspect that you can think of. Name one thing about this change that actually gives more agency over your gameplay. There isn't one.

You would rather lose the ability to modify your map in meaningful ways so that you don't have to apply 4 clicks on the atlas?? Yet you're fine with clicking 10 times as much to have to pick up the new scarabs you will have to now use to get half of the power back from the sextant change you will be losing?

Also, the comment below me said something about Replica Farrul's Fur being used after being shown multiples times that's not the case.

Last edited by MLGonthorian on Mar 24, 2024, 7:15:05 PM
Yup rolling sextants was not something I enjoyed either. And then having to remember to reapply them to each 4 maps as well. And trading for them was just AS bad as rolling them.

They made a bunch of atlas passive changes to compensate as well.

Trans gems niche or not usable?? Lol

Right up there with Replica Farruls Fur not being used

Apply your same logic about farruls to trans gems and you will see how inconsistent things become.

I guess toxic rain isn't used right? Probably just a bad skill, same with Blade Vortex or Caustic Arrow. They only have 1% use... those must just be bad skills...
Guess how many trans skill gems are above those skills on the highscores?

Volcanic fissure of snaking... man what a bad skill it only has .3% use. Aint that right @
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Artcrusade
Just a niche and not use-able skill.

Whats the second most used skill on the highscores by the way?

Lets make sure to check what is actually being shown in the highscores before posting.
Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.
Last edited by Chickenwink on Mar 24, 2024, 6:10:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info