"we removed bind to left click for instant skills"

"
You know they read the posts as if you'd curse or put content not allowed in forum, they will quickly edit/delete the post.

Forum staff are the ones who read posts, not developers or anyone who makes design decisions. Wouldn't be surprised if the one who "doesn't like people binding instant skills to left click" has no idea about actual feedback on this change, and doesn't really want to know too.
Last edited by Echothesis on Apr 25, 2024, 6:22:11 AM
"
Hixxie wrote:
"Everyone hated that"

Seriously though, I can only assume this change is one of two possibilities.

1) This is coming from one person who makes a blanket decision which ruins it for everyone else

2) This is a server cost calculation savings.

For every person trying to activate a skill on left click, while it is in use or on cooldown, probably requires a server action in of itself. That takes time to calculate "hey, I can't do this yet"

Given that the fact of "moving" with left click generally sends like 4 ticks per second, that's roughly once every 250ms.

Multiply that by say, 85% of the player base, and you get a very large number.

Yet the argument comes into play, this was fine for how many years?

Why is this change being made now, with no explanation whatsoever?

If server calculations were the issue, they could implement a free automaton skill (in build) for every character.
The fact that they added automaton as a resource limitation only proves it is no issue with the servers, they just wanted to nerf character power and player's QOL

I'm feeling like I might be the only player who benefited from this change (or figured out how to benefit). Now I have both Steelskin and Blood Rage automatically activated. I had the links free and I am happy...so there is one of us who is happy.
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Apr 27, 2024, 8:50:01 AM
"
MrWonderful99 wrote:
I'm feeling like I might be the only player who benefited from this change (or figured out how to benefit). Now I have both Steelskin and Blood Rage automatically activated. I had the links free and I am happy...so there is one of us who is happy.

y<eah try this with socket starved builds ;)
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Steelskin was usually bound to CWDT which itself costs a gem slot. Blood rage was usually a one-and-done manual cast by itself as a standalone gem.

So now you have steelskin linked to call to arms instead of CWDT and the change to blood rage is net zero for you.

I guess the call to arms method lets you use a max steelskin instead of gimping its level down to work with a low level CWDT.

Anyways, for many builds, you now need both call to arms linkages in one place and CWDT linkages in another, so the socket pressure increases.

Everything is fine in this change as long as you don't play melee, which I assume is intended at this point.
Last edited by mnieradko on Apr 27, 2024, 4:26:22 PM
"
mnieradko wrote:
Steelskin was usually bound to CWDT which itself costs a gem slot. Blood rage was usually a one-and-done manual cast by itself as a standalone gem.

So now you have steelskin linked to call to arms instead of CWDT and the change to blood rage is net zero for you.

I guess the call to arms method lets you use a max steelskin instead of gimping its level down to work with a low level CWDT.

Anyways, for many builds, you now need both call to arms linkages in one place and CWDT linkages in another, so the socket pressure increases.

Everything is fine in this change as long as you don't play melee, which I assume is intended at this point.

To be fair, my flicker strike build DOES benefit from the gems

I now use immortal call and berserk with automation and enduring cry on cta

Previously, i had cry on left click, immortal on cwdt and manually used berserk

Not having to burn passives to the instant warcry keystone and being able to warcry mid-flickering is nice. Having immortal call not linked to cwdt is convenient as my hp is sub 3k and auto berserk is... not optimal, but does makes the character smoother to play

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info