wasting their time on a dead game (POE1).

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
PoE Forum Bingo

Yoooo, can I add some?

- Kopo-conspiracy
- unsuitable <MMO mechanic> should be added to the game
- SSF with increased droprates
- rf & minion players whining
- my ts is dying, do I need capped res?
- my character is greyed out after playing one of those shiny maps
- I'm quitting the game this time for real v3.2.1_final_edit_release_done_goldfish
- this streamer said X and I agree
I doubt people are going to give up on PoE1. I'm already extremely wary of PoE2 after hearing about the "spirit" resource it will be using for things like auras and summons, meaning swarms of minions isn't going to be possible.

As a summoner main, that bothers me. One of the biggest reasons I fell in love with PoE1 is because the devs understood what it means to have a summoner playstyle the likes of which we haven't seen since Diablo 2. If they're going to heavily restrict how many minions you can have in PoE2, that throws into question what other things they might be changing for the worst.

I will likely play PoE2 when it comes out to experience the act content and whatever is going to be the endgame, but my staying in it will heavily depend on how restricted summoning is.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Mar 5, 2024, 9:45:34 AM
"
Scarletsword wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
PoE Forum Bingo

Yoooo, can I add some?

- Kopo-conspiracy
- unsuitable <MMO mechanic> should be added to the game
- SSF with increased droprates
- rf & minion players whining
- my ts is dying, do I need capped res?
- my character is greyed out after playing one of those shiny maps
- I'm quitting the game this time for real v3.2.1_final_edit_release_done_goldfish
- this streamer said X and I agree

Love those! You can play PoE bingo here now xD
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
There are factors, now they have sensibility decided to spilt the two games (which imo was the best decision GGG ever made…

Consider, people get bored of a league and go to play another arpg for example say D4 until next Poe league. If GGG stagger the league starts (say one 8 weeks after the other) we can play both and they (GGG) have higher player retention overall than with just PoE1. Ok, this would mean enlarging their team and having different league mechanics for each league on each game (else why play Affliction on PoE1 and then play Affliction again 8 weeks later on PoE2) but it has merits as an idea for them and keeps PoE1 ‘alive’.

Also, PoE2 has a new game engine. Whilst this by no means says they will not ‘make a mess of things’ with it again, like some says they have with PoE1, it does mean they have a fresh start and hopefully with lessons learnt from PoE1 coding errors they will do better.

There is no reason, with sensible choices by GGG, that both games cannot co-exist and compliment each other.
Last edited by Timbo Zero on Mar 5, 2024, 10:47:13 AM
"
Pizzarugi wrote:

I will likely play PoE2 when it comes out to experience the act content and whatever is going to be the endgame, but my staying in it will heavily depend on how restricted summoning is.

I don't believe GGG will support two games at the same time.
If the servers are empty, GGG will improve POE2 to lure players to the game.
Last edited by Staglaitor_ on Mar 5, 2024, 1:43:14 PM
It is not the matter that poe1 is better poe2 or opposite

GGG is so sick of Poe1 that they want to do away with the old universe in favor of the new one.

GGG are forced to lure players to new universe
Last edited by Staglaitor_ on Mar 5, 2024, 1:54:58 PM
"
Staglaitor_ wrote:
It is not the matter that poe1 is better poe2 or opposite

GGG is so sick of Poe1 that they want to do away with the old universe in favor of the new one.

GGG are forced to lure players to new universe

Source? Let me guess.. ))
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

You have the wrong forum - there are "almoust" no factual claims here, but scholasticism. I don't work in GGG. What source are you talking about? We're making assumptions
Last edited by Staglaitor_ on Mar 5, 2024, 2:14:07 PM
"
Staglaitor_ wrote:
"
exsea wrote:

would it blow your mind that people are still playing and enjoying diablo 1 /2 ?

Wrong assertion - diablo 2 was updated to ressurected. It is not outdated game at all

diablo 1, 2 (vanila) and all other games have residual interest that is going
to die with time whereas POE2 will turn the page to fresh period of time.

Want to talk about wasting time? Posting a commentary on how literally everything fades with time.

What a pointless conversation.

Ultima Online still has a subsciber base big enough to keep EA from finding the closet that's housing it, and firing the Janitor thats there keeping it running and shutting the servers off (which cost EA money so you know its still making more than it costs). If you play on one of the two populated servers or one of the 2 or 3 most popular free shards it even feels pretty lively. Its essentially the first widely known MMO ever made (and yes I know Meridian 59 was a thing) and was right around the same time frame as Diablo 1 which is credited as the first non turn based graphical RPG. There were predecessors like Rogue and Nethack... both of which BTW have a following to this day despite being among the oldest videogames ever made.

Whats the point of the history lesson?

If you love POE1 you'll almost certainly still get to play it when POE 7 comes out in 2090. It'll be run on a virtual AI generated private cloud emulating the internet on our brain network and every 3 months the A-G-GGG-I "Artificial-General-Grinding Gear Games-Intelligence" that Mark codes in 2027 with the help of Chat GPT 6 and Q*, will release a new fresh league with new things to do and big sweeping skill shake ups that are the most Dopamine elevated by the RedditwitchX-ultra-mind.

The funny part is as much as I tried to make the last paragraph sound like outlandish Sci-fi something vaguely like that is almost certainly going to be the case. And I'm acutely aware that someone paying no attention to AI right now probably thinks I sound unhinged.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Mar 5, 2024, 4:09:40 PM
"
Staglaitor_ wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

You have the wrong forum - there are "almoust" no factual claims here, but scholasticism. I don't work in GGG. What source are you talking about? We're making assumptions

Thank you for confirming that there is no factual claim in anything you say. I rest my case, as you so aptly demolish your own.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info