BONE ZOMBIES 3.24 | Wrecker's Stress-Free Build(s) & Filter | 1-Button, HC SSF, & Pure Item Freedom

"
Icker wrote:
Spoiler
First time user and new fan here: I absolutely love your bone zombie build and I will use it for as long as I play this game at some point during any league from now on.

I'm awfully new to minions though and as I reach red maps, I'm starting to realize I have no idea how to scale up. The build is so good that I basically didn't need to optimize my gear until now.

Do you or does anyone have some like... fundamental level tips for a minion noob on scaling them up for end game stuff like progressing to ubers?
Aw, that's very kind of you, Icker!

Thanks for passing that on. I'm glad the build suits you so much! PoE is such a fun game when you find a build that really clicks with your preferences.

Scaling minions, this build specifically, is quite straightforward. First, focus on yourself. Make sure you can survive the content. So get that extra % of Crit Damage Reduction mentioned in the notes, consider the Pantheon options that benefit YOU the most, get those flasks as natural as possible, and of course, increase that life as much as possible as well. Scaling offence is "90%" increasing minion gem levels. There are modifiers on some items, like helmets, minion wands/shields (orange borders in my filter(s) if you're using them), and amulets, that can roll + levels to Minion, Spell, or even All skill gems. The Empower Support Gem also does this. Increasing minion gem levels beyond level 20 is the most efficient method of improving the build as those increases to minion level improve the base offensive damage of the build before the "increased/more" multipliers we've invested in. It also improves the minion's life pool. After that, there's the obvious improvements to "increasing minion damage". Those mods also roll on Minion shields and wands.

I know it sounds basic, but minions really are! The key is finding those items that have all of those mods combined.

I hope that helps. Ask anything else you like. I'm glad I was able to respond quickly to people this week.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
I've been really enjoying the bone zombies build this season! I just came back after a few years and the first thing I did was look for your builds (I used them when I played previously)!!

I have a questions, hopefully you or someone else can answer. The build has been so efficient that I haven't really focused on getting the proper sockets/links on my gear while running the campaign and early maps.

While working on that, I noticed on the planner, that it has a predator support attached to the automation-molten shell-withering step link. What does the predator support gem do in this situation?

I appreciate you, your builds, and the time you take to provide these builds!
"
Avaydriel wrote:
While working on that, I noticed on the planner, that it has a predator support attached to the automation-molten shell-withering step link. What does the predator support gem do in this situation?

It turns out that the Predator support gem has two parts. First, it provides a direct damage buff when linked to a minion skill. Second it provides the "Signal Prey" skill. Signal Prey marks an enemy such that Predator minions will focus on it and will get an extra damage buff against it. So the Predator gem linked to Automation should cast Signal Prey automatically and repeatedly.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
Thank you CelticHound! After reading that, I almost feel kind of silly for not making that connection. :)
Spoiler
"
CelticHound wrote:
"
Avaydriel wrote:

It turns out that the Predator support gem has two parts. First, it provides a direct damage buff when linked to a minion skill. Second it provides the "Signal Prey" skill. Signal Prey marks an enemy such that Predator minions will focus on it and will get an extra damage buff against it. So the Predator gem linked to Automation should cast Signal Prey automatically and repeatedly.
Hi, Avay!

Thanks, Celtic! I appreciate it! And, that's exactly right.

There will be some minor gem changes coming during, or just after, the weekend to add Enduring Cry to the build. So save a few chromatics for some slight rearranging.

I really appreciate your kind words! I'm so glad my style and build suit you so much for this game. I'm happy to help. Thanks for the encouragement! And please, feel free to ask whatever you like!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Avaydriel wrote:
Thank you CelticHound! After reading that, I almost feel kind of silly for not making that connection. :)

Nah, it puzzled me, too, at first. :)
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
Hi there!
I am actually quite new to the SSF scene and minion scene and I decided to tackle this using the information you provided. I am however running into a few issues. I am not super used to using the PoE planner so it is very possible I am just not viewing things correctly, but I am currently level 84, and it is taking me quite a while to just clear a yellow map but I am rocking raise zombie on a 5L right now. My wand could use some help as right now it just has a total of 87% minion attack, and 12% minion attack speed. I just feel like I am missing something, sorry I am just not super familiar with minions and I feel like I am hitting a hard wall until I get "plus levels of minion skills". Any information would help, thank you!
Grab a soulwrest staff. its cheap and the added damage is great. Besides you get some cool benefits from the tree too, when wielding a staff.
"
WuTangODB wrote:
Spoiler
Hi there!
I am actually quite new to the SSF scene and minion scene and I decided to tackle this using the information you provided. I am however running into a few issues. I am not super used to using the PoE planner so it is very possible I am just not viewing things correctly, but I am currently level 84, and it is taking me quite a while to just clear a yellow map but I am rocking raise zombie on a 5L right now. My wand could use some help as right now it just has a total of 87% minion attack, and 12% minion attack speed. I just feel like I am missing something, sorry I am just not super familiar with minions and I feel like I am hitting a hard wall until I get "plus levels of minion skills". Any information would help, thank you!
Tsup, WuTang!

Some of the issue could simply be the change to a SSF scene. The SSF experience is much slower paced as items are more difficult to come by. Another part of the issue could be that I'm a very defensive type of player and plan around a Hardcore mentality. So if either or both of those playstyles are new to you, it could be that.

But if that's not the case, a couple of things you could do to add more damage to the build are:

- Spec out of Ravenous Horde and into Fearsome Force. You could then add Crit Chance and Crit Multi (supports) to your Zombie 6-link instead of Minion Speed and Energy Support. This gives your items more potential as well as finding both minion damage and crit on items, though tougher to find, adds more potential.

- Whether or not you do the above, you could always get rid of Minion Speed and replace it with Minion Damage. Chance to Poison is really strong too, but it's tougher to get 1Green and 1 Blue on an AR/ES chest...(Which we want for the mastery of having +1 to Resists).

- increasing the gem level of minions is always the strongest way to go as it improves both the life and damage of your minions. So +1 to minion/spell gems on gear is huge! If an Empower Support drops for you, add it for sure.

A note, this all improves damage, obviously. As you get into red maps and start trying to tackle the new T17s, it's ok if you want to respec back into defence.

I hope that helps.

Annnnnd

hi guys, firstable thank you for this great build, the SSF leveling is so smooth i cant believe it

i just have an issue with automation/molten shell, it doesnt trigger at all
i dont know what i'm doing wrong, it's supposed to cast without any manipulation so i really dont know what to do

if someone have an explanation i would be thankful

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info