[3.24] 💥💫 The (Arch)Blade Blast Unloader 🗡️🔪🔫 - Screenwide 30m-55m Pinnacle DPS? Say yes to FUN!

"
mynameisaar0n wrote:
Followed the dream build and getting 1-shot by ranged rares and rogue exiles. Also, no spell suppression feels rough. I'm going to try and work it in but just an FYI to anyone else following the "dream" builds.

Okay. I have to say something in fairness to myself here. Have you really "followed" the dream build? Take a side by side look.

https://i.imgur.com/2Vq6sEV.png (Click to view full size)

Do you think maybe having roughly 33% more Life and about 2x the damage may change your assessment, as that is the current gap between you and the "dream" build?

I'm not saying the build is tanky, even at that investment. On the other hand, you ARE implying and issuing to everyone that you have "followed" or "achieved" the dream build, and the numbers just show otherwise. I'm just snapshotting the stats and leaving the conclusion up to anyone reading the FYI.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Last edited by primaeva on Apr 10, 2024, 1:36:28 PM
"
primaeva wrote:

Okay. I have to say something in fairness to myself here. Have you really "followed" the dream build? Take a side by side look.

Do you think maybe having roughly 33% more Life and about 2x the damage may change your assessment, as that is the current gap between you and the "dream" build?

I followed this build and while it's not identical, its pretty close in terms of defenses:
WEEK 1 "Dream" POB for a friend: ~17m+ Pinnacle DPS / 41k+ eHP (cloak) / Overleech
https://pobb.in/BLJ_DPDEqrH2
Expensive pieces: Cloak 6L, Enlighten 4 (!) bricks one aura if you can't afford this, but that's all right, just drop Zealotry, put in Dread Banner or something.
Last edited by mynameisaar0n on Apr 10, 2024, 1:52:15 PM
"
mynameisaar0n wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:

I followed this build and while it's not identical, its pretty close in terms of defenses:
WEEK 1 "Dream" POB for a friend: ~17m+ Pinnacle DPS / 41k+ eHP (cloak) / Overleech
Expensive pieces: Cloak 6L, Enlighten 4 (!) bricks one aura if you can't afford this, but that's all right, just drop Zealotry, put in Dread Banner or something.

Ah, my bad. I saw the Arcane Cloak + Automation link and assumed you were trying to emulate the "expensive as hell" version. (The week 1 "dream" is a misnomer, I apologize. It WAS a dream - for week 1. As the league progressed and items come down, it does move towards Adorned stacking + higher-end rares.)

FWIW that's what's killing you - Arcane Cloak is really false eHP but with careful control it's actually reliable. For that reason, I've taken it off all versions of the build (some were "relics" of my friend's PoB but I've been sure to scrub it from the main post at least) but here's what's happening:

When Arcane Cloak is up, you feel like a god with a huge 3-4k damage buffer and a period of Arcane Surge and Arcane Cloak damage. This is about 4.9 seconds. For the remaining 3 seconds it's the complete opposite.

You know that meme "60% of the time, it works every time?" That's exactly it. You probably instagib a bunch of rogue exiles when the buff's up, or are able to return fire long enough to burn them down, but if they find you in the ~40% downtime you're SoL.

I know it's a bit of buzzkill to have to add another button to the build, but until other defenses come into play, and most major Archmage streamers will say this too: Automating Arcane Cloak feels great until it kills you.

(Also damn, what rogue exile mods / strat are you running, they fall over in my T16s and I'm intentionally running a lower-end build).
Last edited by primaeva on Apr 10, 2024, 2:23:17 PM
"
primaeva wrote:
"
mynameisaar0n wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:

Ah, my bad. I saw the Arcane Cloak + Automation link and assumed you were trying to emulate the "expensive as hell" version.

FWIW that's what's killing you - Arcane Cloak is really false eHP but with careful control it's actually reliable. For that reason, I've taken it off all versions of the build (some were "relics" of my friend's PoB but I've been sure to scrub it from the main post at least) but here's what's happening:

When Arcane Cloak is up, you feel like a god with a huge 3-4k damage buffer and a period of Arcane Surge and Arcane Cloak damage. This is about 4.9 seconds. For the remaining 3 seconds it's the complete opposite.

You know that meme "60% of the time, it works every time?" That's exactly it. You probably instagib a bunch of rogue exiles when the buff's up, or are able to return fire long enough to burn them down, but if they find you in the ~40% downtime you're SoL.

I know it's a bit of buzzkill to have to add another button to the build, but until other defenses come into play, and most major Archmage streamers will say this too: Automating Arcane Cloak feels great until it kills you.

(Also damn, what rogue exile mods / strat are you running, they fall over in my T16s and I'm intentionally running a lower-end build).

Ahhhh thanks for the insight. I'm doing ghosted rogue exiles on t16 maps with ~80% quant, avoiding crit mods and additional damage mods. Most of them do blow up. The ones that give me trouble are the ranged ones that run off screen. When i come back for them, they kill me from the edge of my screen, even when i cast before frostblinking in. I'm still completing ~70% of my maps but using all portals.
"
mynameisaar0n wrote:

Ahhhh thanks for the insight. I'm doing ghosted rogue exiles on t16 maps with ~80% quant, avoiding crit mods and additional damage mods. Most of them do blow up. The ones that give me trouble are the ranged ones that run off screen. When i come back for them, they kill me from the edge of my screen, even when i cast before frostblinking in. I'm still completing ~70% of my maps but using all portals.

Ahh, that does track. Sneaky exiles with not-zerg AI!

I guess that sort of lines up with the weakness / blind spot of the build - *most versions of the build largely function on the element of surprise + overwhelming damage. It only does mid on return fire (small hits are all right due to leech / recoup but big ones will sink us).

I think I have to focus on the cold damage conversion builds again, or go down the same old phys taken as meta + res shenanigans + Bloodnotch / Immutable Force / Defiance / suppress like everything else. Archmage is turning out to have these caveats that are just giving players a bad time - and Lightning, unless it applies Sapped on top of Shock by DEFAULT, just can't compete with Cold, tbh. Imagine those rogue exiles just not being able to move and taking more damage per second you have them frozen. The only tragedy is Polaric Dev being 9 div instead of 9c like last league...

There's a post one page ago where I outlined some plans to make a defensive Cold Convert version, let me workshop that and get back to you.
Last edited by primaeva on Apr 10, 2024, 2:51:55 PM
.repeat post
Last edited by primaeva on Apr 10, 2024, 2:51:41 PM
"
primaeva wrote:

I guess that sort of lines up with the weakness / blind spot of the build - *most versions of the build largely function on the element of surprise + overwhelming damage. It only does mid on return fire (small hits are all right due to leech / recoup but big ones will sink us).

I think I have to focus on the cold damage conversion builds again, or go down the same old phys taken as meta + res shenanigans + Bloodnotch / Immutable Force / Defiance / suppress like everything else. Archmage is turning out to have these caveats that are just giving players a bad time - and Lightning, unless it applies Sapped on top of Shock by DEFAULT, just can't compete with Cold, tbh. Imagine those rogue exiles just not being able to move and taking more damage per second you have them frozen. The only tragedy is Polaric Dev being 9 div instead of 9c like last league...

There's a post one page ago where I outlined some plans to make a defensive Cold Convert version, let me workshop that and get back to you.

Clearly I also need to just pay attention to Arcane cloak around tough mobs.
Overall, the build and playstyle feel awesome. Can't wait to try out more variants and mix/match ideas. I appreciate your builds, guides, time, and dedication!
I agree that archmage is more of a "midgame" variant of the build. With necropolis crafts a decent weapon is pretty cheap so offence is alright just lacking in tank. Probably gonna try out cold convert soon, t17 farming will be my endgame goal

Those ghosted exiles do suck but here's a suggestion. At lower levels, personally i went with an onslaught flask instead of the atziri flask for mapping to kite mobs, it just felt way smoother to have movespeed and juke around.

Since mageblood price dipped i snagged one and my god it feels good to have more movespeed. I even got a sirus flask since I loved the feel of my previous inpulsa's explosions to map and kite mobs.

First off this post is amazing. SO much detail for everything...

Yet I am still lost or missing something. I know I am missing a few levels and gear is not perfect yet, but figured it would be close enough to get more damage than I am currently. Was trying to chase down the 33mill expensive as hell build, but am currently only getting about 500k DPS, which seems way off the mark.

Have only used the build a bit as have been gearing and playing with POB for what seems like too long now, so figured I would drop a line and ask for some help if possible.

Also I would assume the tanky 70mill 7k life build from last league is not really attainable since the charms were doing so much for capping ele res?

I have plenty of currency to play with , but build feels bad damage wise vs my DD necro.

Current POB below. (working on leveling and rolling implicits still)

https://pobb.in/nW-awk9ke3C1

UPDATE

After tinkering and spending more currency of course. I was able to get a much more functional build going. Still a little low on life and mana, as well as the single target DPS doesn't feel great, but will get there while trying to min/max some stats. Using an amethyst flask to boost chaos res, not sure if its necessary.

https://pobb.in/beiw3cdig5LA
Last edited by tRRiLLL on Apr 10, 2024, 10:45:56 PM
Hi, i was following several of your steps, but im so sticky rn, i can run several mods of maps, but T17 I cant, and also some bosses cant kill, I use my path of building and see like i have low damage, T17 and rogue exiles insta kill me, so if you can help me in the next steps i can do (the cluster jewel that you say in image cost 12-13 div), and I cant have lot of currency rn, also you have an atlas to farm more div with this build?

Is the configuration correct?

https://imgur.com/a/jdFbARf

POB: https://pobb.in/nnANmSBVRBH7

Thanks so much for the help
Last edited by Ticky159 on Apr 10, 2024, 6:40:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info