Constant Crash to Desktop

have you posted your errors including PC specs, screenshots of said errors, or anything useful to this thread?

Or, did you just hop in to discredit my post which is specifically tailored to newly found information for users running new Intel chips who are crashing?

Also, let's be honest here, some people in here complaining of multiple different issues (most are off topic) are running old systems and may be having issues due to their own negligence of system updates including firmware, bios, and other updates.

So please, just leave this alone and allow the information to reach the proper audience it was intended for.
Usually, I can endure these types of technical problems quite a bit(I played with these crashes for weeks now) due to having higher desire killing monsters. Here we go, I'm here replying to this post.

Constant crashes to desktop. I would say 1 crash every 2-3 maps on average. Sometimes 3 times in the same map. Rarely while fighting tons of monsters and most oftenly while running in the map picking stuff etc.

I have tried TDRlevel and other registry fixes.
Completely wiped games files then reinstalled.
Tried Vulkan and DX11-12. (no error on DX and something like error device removed on Vulkan)
Lowered texture quality to medium.
Lowered max clock speed of processor to 99%.
Maybe some other solutions too.

Specs.
Intel 10850k
RTX 3070
16GB ram
Running on m.2 SSD

I am so sick of these crashes. I can't enjoy the game because being constantly worried of crashing. Everytime I crash I barely hold myself from going full Snoop Dogg.
The only thing that has me wondering whats going on, is that this has been an issue and silence from GGG. Are they even aware that it's an issue or are we just typing into the void? I'd seriously love to see a reply from someone at GGG about this constant crashing issue. I've emailed, no reply and so it leaves me to assume that either, they don't care or have no idea how to fix it.
Constant crashes here too, especially when doing lab or getting back to town for some reason.

Ever since start of the league.

Tried D11,D12, Vulkan, nothing works.

Game is unplayable can't even complete a lab.

Never had this issue before.

Would be great to have GGG pop in this thread because this seems to be widespread.
I've been having similar problems this league, especially since the first patch and escalating up until now its nearly every other map. I've had problems namely with torment ghosts and heist freezing into a crash, or sometimes to login, but theres been a few outliers where its just happened in a map for no obvious reason. Directx11, 12 or vulkan makes no different and turning off dynamic resolution also does not help.

My general performance in the game was tanked with the graphics patch just before Ancestors or around then, last league was bad but tolerable even with the wisps; but this is the first time ive had so many genuine crashes in 2-3 days never mind any.

Im running the game on the lowest possible settings and i cant find any useful crash logs. my cpu/gpu arent super new (intel i5-8600/gtx 970) but by no means under the minimum and id rather not palm out £££ for a new gpu when its not an issue on my end. ive had a great league start actual gameplay problems aside so it sucks to be having such tough technical ones. i can run other games fine on my Frankenstein potato pc and i just wish there were more lower graphics options

The amount of varying problems and strange fixes make it hard to pinpoint what my issue is specifically as someone who isnt super tech literate so i have resorted to also yelling into the void hoping GGG fixes this
Same Issues for me this league, I was originally playing on standalone client, and transitioned to steam. Doesn't matter if it's DX12, vulkan, or DX11, keep crashing to desktop randomly. 4080 super, 12900k, 32gb of ddr5 ram..
I agree with almost everything here. I have tried almost all possible recommended solutions and nothing works. I have no issues running any other game for extended periods, nothing ever crashes. POE crashes once every 2-4 maps and often multiple times in the same map. Outside of being a colossal waste of time, it is extremely disheartening having this happen in a game with a death penalty and a fixed amount of opportunities (portals).

I know my rig isn't the newest, (2080 Super), seeing other people with new rigs 3000 series and 4000 series) has me question if it is even worth troubleshooting this any further.

Still crashing randomly.

Switching to DX12 has improved things but it's still happening regularly (1-2 times per hour).

13900k, 64GB DDR5, RTX 4090, Win 11 Pro. All drivers and firmware are up to date.
Still an issue and more and more solo threads popping up about this with no information.

Supposedly someone got a response that theyre aware of an issue but doesnt help that its been unplayable most of the season for quite a few folks.
I'm also getting constant crashes, to the point that i sometimes can't even get to town whilst the game's loading, before it crashes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info