Season Two, Event 16: 90 Minute No-Projectile Solo

"
Horvath wrote:
you don't need a weapon to kill hillock, just punch him to death and conserve potions.

Unless you miss a lot...

Either way it's besides the point, the RNG factor of not having a melee weapon is just insane when combined with the normal amount of RNG races suffer anyway. Don't get me wrong, the idea is great, implementation leaves something to be desired though.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Apr 23, 2013, 11:37:13 PM
"
zergfire wrote:
I don't see how getting 3 or fewer points "does not encourage continued participation." When I started in Season 1, I was motivated after getting less than 3 points in my first race. I wanted to do another race to get that first season award.

Don't set yourself up for failure by looking at that Astramentis. If you can't get more than 3 points per race, look at the Shiversting or Onyx Amulet as motivation.

you clearly don't understand the discussion..

continued participation as in.."ill just level to 12 and then stand in town" vs "Ill keep leveling because there is a chance i'll get more points".

its bad when 90% of the players fall into the lowest brackets. needs to be more evenly spread out...right now the carrot on the stick gets too far away for 90% of the playerbase after reaching the 3 point mark each race.

This defeats the purpose of the race..its more.."welp i better grind to lvl 12 for my 3 points".
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
Correct me if I am wrong, but is this not the first ever "No Projectile" solo race? Yes there has been a 90 minute solo race at some point. The GGG devs are good, but not necessarily oracles who can predict what levels what type of player can achieve in all types of races. Besides, the average player has increased a lot since January. Take a look at older races and compare, e.g., the 4 hour party to recent 3 hour party races. Players will most likely continue to improve.

Is it wrong to have a high reward for the outstanding performance that it is rare to even see a single player achieve (the 10 point reward)?? I think it is more sad to see people beat the 7 point bracket by more than one level, why do they not deserve 8, 9 or 10 points?

About the brackets:
Players who prefer to stop early and grind, e.g., Coves seem to not acknowledge the huge difference (xp wise) between farming Coves and progressing to Act 2 to farm Forest, River Crossing, Western Forest or whatever other zone you like the most. The apparently "huge" gap between earning 3 and 4 points (lvl 15 to lvl 21) is actually the gap between act 1 and act 2. So here you got it: The hidden 1 point reward for killing Merveil. Staying in act 1 for 90 minutes should not reward you anything.

On a sidenote: It has been said that very few players reach the top lvl brackets, yet people complain about only reaching 3 points. Put these two together: If only a handful of players reach 6+ points, getting 3 points is not that bad is it?
weird how this 90 min and another 90min have different point cut off.
"
Hassefar60 wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but is this not the first ever "No Projectile" solo race? Yes there has been a 90 minute solo race at some point. The GGG devs are good, but not necessarily oracles who can predict what levels what type of player can achieve in all types of races. Besides, the average player has increased a lot since January. Take a look at older races and compare, e.g., the 4 hour party to recent 3 hour party races. Players will most likely continue to improve.

Is it wrong to have a high reward for the outstanding performance that it is rare to even see a single player achieve (the 10 point reward)?? I think it is more sad to see people beat the 7 point bracket by more than one level, why do they not deserve 8, 9 or 10 points?

About the brackets:
Players who prefer to stop early and grind, e.g., Coves seem to not acknowledge the huge difference (xp wise) between farming Coves and progressing to Act 2 to farm Forest, River Crossing, Western Forest or whatever other zone you like the most. The apparently "huge" gap between earning 3 and 4 points (lvl 15 to lvl 21) is actually the gap between act 1 and act 2. So here you got it: The hidden 1 point reward for killing Merveil. Staying in act 1 for 90 minutes should not reward you anything.

On a sidenote: It has been said that very few players reach the top lvl brackets, yet people complain about only reaching 3 points. Put these two together: If only a handful of players reach 6+ points, getting 3 points is not that bad is it?

The point is, killing Merveil is an added risk. A risk not worth 1 point given how many points each reward costs to get. There is no reason to get 4 points...

This means 90% of the players will grind act 1 to a certain level..then stand in town..thus the event doesn't feel like a race for 90% of the players. brackets need to be more often..to keep players racing the full duration.
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
"
Secksy wrote:
"
Hassefar60 wrote:
Spoiler

About the brackets:

The point is, killing Merveil is an added risk. A risk not worth 1 point given how many points each reward costs to get. There is no reason to get 4 points...

This means 90% of the players will grind act 1 to a certain level..then stand in town..thus the event doesn't feel like a race for 90% of the players. brackets need to be more often..to keep players racing the full duration.

I understand, but then I will just emphasize/repeat: Staying in act 1 for 90 minutes should not reward you anything. You could argue that there should be a 2 point difference between the levels that you would reach if you stay in act 1 vs. if you progress to act 2. But I believe there is: The gap from 1 to 3 points. If you are able to reach 3 points (lvl 15) by staying in act 1, you are also fast enough to progress to act 2 within the time limit and reach at least 15.
So you have your 2 point reward for being fast enough to reach act 2, but you choose not progress anyway. Then you do not deserve any more points, in my opinion. Yes, killing Merveil is an added risk but so are Brutus and Hailrake. If you want more points, you have to realize that you are good enough to reach act 2 within the given time frame, and then do it. This is a competition after all, not a farming method.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Apr 25, 2013, 2:59:20 AM
go to sleep kids, let the big boys play if your going to keep whining. Good job Chris and GGG, keep up the good work over there.
"
Secksy wrote:

you clearly don't understand the discussion..

And you clearly didn't know who I was talking to. I quoted Vhlad's post, so I was directing my comment on him.

Please learn to read and interpret English before trying to put me (or anyone else) down for not understanding "the discussion."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info