Lost access to my guild tabs for months because of weird support policy.

Last effort after I won the guild vote while still not getting the leader back was to give them proof which was just ignored.

I'd have better luck with chat gpt
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
Last edited by CAKE on Mar 19, 2024, 7:53:06 PM
Isn't it interesting how we're quick to defend UI issues in some aspects of the game but not others?

When someone falls victim to a scam via the trading UI, it's often met with responses like 'use your eyes' or 'it's your own fault for not seeing it.'
"
Isn't it interesting how we're quick to defend UI issues in some aspects of the game but not others?

When someone falls victim to a scam via the trading UI, it's often met with responses like 'use your eyes' or 'it's your own fault for not seeing it.'

Well I say in my OP post that it was in the end my mistake for misclicking here.
Real issue is support giving me the cold shoulder afterwards with prolonged unreasonable demands and now even after half a year this is not resolved and I did everything support wanted from me.

They do not even have tools to add you back to the guild so if you are the only active person in the guild, you simply lose all your mtx purchased...

I was lucky enough to at least get invited back by single active officer.

But now I'm forever stuck without guild managment because the inactive member that that is now new leader did not log in for 6 years and will not log in probably ever again. (perhaps he will come for poe2) but i'm not optimistic about that either. He does not even log in in to the website and ignores emails.

Trade is little different in that you gotta mouse over the items before accepting trade, and you know that it is trade. Trade window does not look like clan window, at most you can mistake it with vendor window but it is quite hard to initiate npc trade by mistake and then also not spot that you are in npc trade instead of player trade.

I got "scammed" few times in trade but it was me knowingly trading too fast and I often got refund because it was case of items sharing same name or seller just misclicked on wrong jewel. When it comes to low value items I simply do not care, but when it is divine+ i always check properly.

There are people that will scam you bigly in trade, but it has little to do with UI.

This league i got scammed 9div in total value but problem was they did not pay for the rare hideout as we agreed beforehand... so trade UI was never initiated in first place...

And second most popular scam is to put 10div 301chaos in trade and then cancel trade
"ups sorry i gotta remove that 1 chaos orb" and then they put 1div 300 chaos
or you want 7div and they put 1 because 1 and 7 look kinda similar.

I never fall for this later one because I expect it, people try it at least 20times per league on me. In the past people did it with 6links(swapping them for 4+2) but 6links fell in value so it is not worth the effort for scammer. And the voidforge sword that looks like that other sword on first glance to newbie.

I'm not saying trade is perfect, Warframe for example has much safer trade UI
But it also does not allow trade of so many items and in this game many different items have same name. Perfect roll voidforge and worst roll voidforge are both called voidforge. rares share name too and have 0 similar stats.
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
Last edited by CAKE on Mar 21, 2024, 11:19:08 PM
I don't want to derail the subject, and I didn't mean to blame you, and nobody else should either. I'm just curious about how people react differently depending on context.

If you had talked about getting scammed because a 6-link looks like a 4/2-link, people would mock you from start to end. But in this case, where the problems are related to the guild, people are sympathetic towards you instead. It's just an interesting observation how opinions about the UI can shift so quickly depending on context or consequences.

Also, many scams do happen because there are issues with the game's interface, like the 4/2-links trick, and just because people might find better exploits doesn't mean that the underlying problem was ever solved.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info