Lost access to my guild tabs for months because of weird support policy.

Update: After half a year this is still not resolved, more can be found in my comments on page 2 and end of page 1.

So first thing first, this is how you leave guild in this game and next to it is how you leave party in this game.

The menu is virtually identical, especially if you are the leader and have 1 member or officer online, then u see 1. leader(you) and member(guild member)
same as you would see leader(you) and member(party member)

Now how is the party left
>click s
>click leave

What happens when the other person leaves party just in right moment before you click s and leave?
You appear in guild tab instead of party tab which looks 100% exactly the same when you focus your eyesight at top doing the mundane task of leaving which you do 100 times per day while trading(and you expect to be at top for you are party leader) and leave guild with same looking button.

I've created and owned this guild for 5 years
On my millionth trade in 5years I failed to spot the very tiny difference between these UI tabs and quit the guild.

You can agree or disagree that guild tab should not look and behave the same as clan tab, under same button(s), with same leave placement but that is just introduction to the topic. I clearly made mistake here and i own that but...

So I was like "well, no problem GGG support will just add me back to the guild and return the leader rank to me in instant after i message them nicely with my request"
God, was i so very wrong about that.

1. I've explained that i'm the creator and guild owner for 5 years and probably made missclick and left after trade and requested to be added to the guild and upranked

[Removed by Support] (They said they lack the tools to do any of that)

I was very surprised by this, but i managed to get one officer logged in to add me back(i wonder what support does when there are no active members or the leader is the only member, people just lose 500$ in MTX?)

2.So I contacted support again with "I'm back in guild, can you return the rank to me?" (it was automatically given to officer that quit the game 5 years ago and said that he does not plan to ever return, in case he changes his mind i kept him in guild)

[Removed by Support] (No,Guild leader election)

So one simple missclick turned in to at very least 1month without my guild tabs and presidential election.

Also in this case I'm ofcourse going to win the vote, but you may not be so lucky if you got 2 irl friends in your guild that want your guild tabs and items. that is 2votes to 1 good bye.

I can not remember more nonsensical policy than this, and the lack of tools support has to solve this is strange too take this as cautionary tale and probably just install the trade macro (which has hotkey to leave party) and never have my issue presented here.

This policy could clearly use some improvements for cases like this, this policy makes sense exclusively when party leader is inactive for years and the members want to elect new one to revive guild. It makes 0 sense for the guild owner to have to go thru same process as random members organizing Coup d'état after one missclick

I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
Last edited by CAKE on Mar 19, 2024, 8:15:49 PM
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2024, 2:25:30 PM
" but you may not be so lucky if you got 2 irl friends in your guild that want your guild tabs and items."

i wouldn't call them friends :')
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
satanttin wrote:
" but you may not be so lucky if you got 2 irl friends in your guild that want your guild tabs and items."

I meant friends with each other, not you.
"
CAKE wrote:
"
satanttin wrote:

I meant friends with each other, not you.
Ahh so then yeah u have no chance
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
The morale of the story , never use the party tab to leave a party. Right click on the name of someone in the party and choose the leave option from there .
Wow, this really should be fixed. And support in your case was so bad, like cmon GGG?
Leaving guild should have extra protection since it's not something you'd do often. They should make it pop up a box and make you type "leave" so you can never accidentally leave a guild. Even if they added a confirmation click sleepy people would still click it by accident.
i think it would be better to move guild things behind esc and main menu
d:-D*
"
iuiulitza wrote:
The morale of the story , never use the party tab to leave a party. Right click on the name of someone in the party and choose the leave option from there .

This!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Now that I see this thread randomly popup on front page

Here is update:
Support did not solve this issue even after I won the guild vote after months of back and forth... I've received 100% votes of votes that were made.

Reason was "not enough guild members casted vote" which is rather silly way to tell me to bugger off, because guild member being inactive is why the vote was needed in first place, if he was online i'd just ask him to give me the leader back... (I had 2 from 5 votes, 1 member is the current guild leader inactive for 7years as explained in the OP, so realistically 4 members could have voted 2 of which log in very rarely which means i got 50% votes from possible votes and 100% of total votes in this meaningless vote that should not even be needed in first place because I'm the rightful leader as I've explained to support with proof. But I assume they can just check in database anyway and verify that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info