3.21.2c Patch Notes

All these peoples who keep acting like big programmer, Must be these type of people who level in Blood Aqueduct lol
"
Your opinion and your statistics mean nothing to me.

Indeed. I only see non geared players that haven't experienced the core game endgame.

Saying: "Everything is fine guys lets bump up every graphical settings to the max."

"You can't run it? I bet ya it's your faulty machine ."

While we all know that the best optimal way to play poe endgame is to lower every graphical settings to the lowest even in a high end machine.

Am i wrong? Go play poe endgame with everything on high in your Nasa PC specs and tell me.

"It's ok guys, my Nasa PC runs it at 30 fps, with some miniscular micro stutters. But, everything is fine trust me."

PS: The only reason i'm not being aggressive towards that dude for talking bullshit is because i don't want my useful message to get deleted from this forum post.
Last edited by Rex_Inferno on Aug 18, 2023, 5:21:01 PM
Not sure if this is the right place for my question... So, I just logged into the standard league just to find my guild disbanded and our guild-stash completely emptied out?! We are new players and tend to keep most of our gear & currency in the guild-stash. WIll we be able to get the content back?
"
Cije wrote:
quote from Gije:

It's always intriguing when folks highlight performance issues while working with significantly outdated PCs.

I see numerous compatibility challenges just between your PC and Windows alone, let alone a game demanding at least 20GB of disk space.

it astounds me when you seemed incapable of reading!
i mean,that guy literally wrote

'Prior to the first of the series of patches leading up to 3.21.2b, I had managed to fiddle the game settings low enough to where by gpu was running at a stable 34% usage on the GPU, with the expected spikes during combat. After patch, the GPU usage is unstable, and significantly increased. Average usage is 50% on the GPU, with spikes going to 95% when using a single skill in the wrong spot in hideout. (See Test Below)'

let me make it simpler for you.

before patch=game ran ok
after patch= game ran bad

did you get that?

and now,you went on a tangent implying that the PC that the OP is not capable of running the game.

well...BEFORE THE PATCH,it is able to play the game without problem.

all these problem,and for what?
for a few SHINY SPARKLES that is forced down our throat with no option to remove/disable it?

and here is another kicker.
ive seen PLENTY of others who have a beast PC spec who also mentioned FPS drops and stuttering.
youre going to make excuses for that as well?
"
Rex_Inferno wrote:
"

Indeed. I only see non geared players that haven't experienced the core game endgame.

Saying: "Everything is fine guys lets bump up every graphical settings to the max."

While we all know that the best optimal way to play poe endgame is to lower every graphical settings to the lowest even in a high end machine.

Am i wrong? Go play poe endgame with everything on high in your Nasa PC specs and tell me.

"It's ok guys, my Nasa PC runs it at 30 fps, with some miniscular micro stutters. But, everything is fine trust me."

PS: The only reason i'm not being aggressive towards that dude for talking bullshit is because i don't want my useful message to get deleted from this forum post.

I gotta say, I like the way you think, Didn't knew there was still normal people over here anymore! How many of my post got removed for nothing, Seems we can't say to people that had 4 Challenges, That he had 4 Challenges.

I made the game dropped at 24 seconds into a blighted maps, Didn't had nothing yet like 15 monsters, Built a tower, Game frooze and closed.

What's funny too, Is those people that tell you to uninstall games, Or do this or do that, Go in your setting change everything, Of course every times I'm coming home from work, I uninstall all my games to download them back!
no change in performance with the 3.22 league patch either im droping below 100 fps in campaign alone when before i was at 144fps at all times
Ok Ok, I didn't want to insult anyone here, for sure you guys have more experience with the game and the performance in the game so I apologize for my tone in the earlier post.

And of course, yes, bad performance can be related to bad code and bad optimization.

But the fact remains, the two PCs that I saw getting mentioned are old and are not supported anymore by Microsoft, thus, it's not going to get supported by the developers here, for sure. I mean...DDR4 4GB running on 1064MHz...?? COMMON, ANYONE? Not trying to make fun of the person, but let's be honest...
That old PC is good for browsing and Solitaire, but it's not good for gaming. How can you expect the game to run normally on 4 gigs? When currently just my PoE is using 6GB of RAM.

Bigger companies invest in new PC's every 3 to 5 years just because it's cheaper to buy new ones than to support old PCs in terms of manpower and cost.

And the fact that the game worked fine before a patch and it stopped working after a patch speaks the truth for itself. Older PCs are simply not getting the support they need.

It is not like the devs didn't test the code or they accidentally forgot to close the brackets at the end of the code...

"
lordzelzard wrote:

before patch=game ran ok

did you get that?

and now, you went on a tangent implying that the PC that the OP is not capable of running the game.

well...BEFORE THE PATCH, it is able to play the game without a problem.

Yep, this is exactly how it happens. It just stops working with the new patch.

"

That guy must be ziipher, The one that no one like over here. Been sucking GGG off since those patches.

Sorry to disappoint you but I have no interest in stuff like that.
All I saw is people whining about bad performance and demanding optimization and didn't stop and think that maybe they simply need a newer pc that can actually work with all the latest patches and performance upgrades.

"

Indeed. I only see non-geared players that haven't experienced the core game endgame.

Saying: "Everything is fine guys let's bump up every graphical setting to the max."

Good for you. This actually tells me that you are probably a very young person. Back in the days when my life was all about gaming, I had reactions similar to yours. So it's fine, I understand your frustration :)

I did not say to bump all the graphics to the max, on the contrary.
And yes, if you can't run the game and you are having PC specs as mentioned before, for sure your "bucket" is the problem.

Technology is moving forward, not backward. This means that sooner or later your PC is going to be obsolete and you can't blame the developers for it.
Today the minimum for gaming should be at least 16GB of RAM.

I don't have NASA PC, I have Ryzen 3600 and 1050TI

BTW. here are some highlights of what can be a problem if you have an obsolete PC, taking a perspective from the guy that is trying to run the game from a 4th gen CPU i7-4790k that probably can't run Windows 10:

Spoiler
DirectX Versions: Windows 10 supports DirectX 12, which offers several performance and graphical improvements over DirectX 11 (the latest version supported by Windows 7). A game optimized for DirectX 12 might not perform as well or even be compatible with Windows 7.

OS-Level Optimizations: Windows 10 has various performance and security improvements over Windows 7. These can affect how efficiently a game runs, especially if the game relies on certain features or behaviors specific to Windows 10.

Driver Support: Over time, hardware manufacturers might prioritize driver updates and optimizations for the latest operating systems, potentially leading to better performance on Windows 10.

Deprecated Features: Some older features or technologies present in Windows 7 might be deprecated or not supported in Windows 10. If a game is specifically developed with Windows 10 in mind, developers might not account for or optimize around these older features.

Development Resources: Game development is resource-intensive. As Windows 7 becomes less common and as its extended support from Microsoft has ended, developers might choose to focus their optimization efforts on more recent operating systems.

APIs and Middleware: Some newer APIs and middleware tools might offer features or performance benefits that are only available or optimized for Windows 10.

Security and DRM: Modern DRM solutions or security features might be optimized for or only supported on newer operating systems, which can influence game performance or compatibility.

In essence, while many optimization efforts can benefit a game on both Windows 7 and Windows 10, there are numerous specific scenarios where optimization for Windows 10 might not directly translate to better performance on Windows 7. As technology and software practices evolve, the divergence between the two operating systems will likely become even more pronounced.

In the end, I just want to say that I fell in love with PoE. In all aspects (at least till level 40) it is so much better than Diablo 4 😊

"
Cije wrote:
Ok Ok, I didn't want to insult anyone here, for sure you guys have more experience with the game and the performance in the game so I apologize for my tone in the earlier post.

And of course, yes, bad performance can be related to bad code and bad optimization.

But the fact remains, the two PCs that I saw getting mentioned are old and are not supported anymore by Microsoft, thus, it's not going to get supported by the developers here, for sure. I mean...DDR4 4GB running on 1064MHz...?? COMMON, ANYONE? Not trying to make fun of the person, but let's be honest...
That old PC is good for browsing and Solitaire, but it's not good for gaming. How can you expect the game to run normally on 4 gigs? When currently just my PoE is using 6GB of RAM.

Bigger companies invest in new PC's every 3 to 5 years just because it's cheaper to buy new ones than to support old PCs in terms of manpower and cost.

And the fact that the game worked fine before a patch and it stopped working after a patch speaks the truth for itself. Older PCs are simply not getting the support they need.

It is not like the devs didn't test the code or they accidentally forgot to close the brackets at the end of the code...

"
lordzelzard wrote:

before patch=game ran ok

did you get that?

and now, you went on a tangent implying that the PC that the OP is not capable of running the game.

well...BEFORE THE PATCH, it is able to play the game without a problem.

Yep, this is exactly how it happens. It just stops working with the new patch.

"

That guy must be ziipher, The one that no one like over here. Been sucking GGG off since those patches.

Sorry to disappoint you but I have no interest in stuff like that.
All I saw is people whining about bad performance and demanding optimization and didn't stop and think that maybe they simply need a newer pc that can actually work with all the latest patches and performance upgrades.

"

Indeed. I only see non-geared players that haven't experienced the core game endgame.

Saying: "Everything is fine guys let's bump up every graphical setting to the max."

Good for you. This actually tells me that you are probably a very young person. Back in the days when my life was all about gaming, I had reactions similar to yours. So it's fine, I understand your frustration :)

I did not say to bump all the graphics to the max, on the contrary.
And yes, if you can't run the game and you are having PC specs as mentioned before, for sure your "bucket" is the problem.

Technology is moving forward, not backward. This means that sooner or later your PC is going to be obsolete and you can't blame the developers for it.
Today the minimum for gaming should be at least 16GB of RAM.

I don't have NASA PC, I have Ryzen 3600 and 1050TI

BTW. here are some highlights of what can be a problem if you have an obsolete PC, taking a perspective from the guy that is trying to run the game from a 4th gen CPU i7-4790k that probably can't run Windows 10:

Spoiler
DirectX Versions: Windows 10 supports DirectX 12, which offers several performance and graphical improvements over DirectX 11 (the latest version supported by Windows 7). A game optimized for DirectX 12 might not perform as well or even be compatible with Windows 7.

OS-Level Optimizations: Windows 10 has various performance and security improvements over Windows 7. These can affect how efficiently a game runs, especially if the game relies on certain features or behaviors specific to Windows 10.

Driver Support: Over time, hardware manufacturers might prioritize driver updates and optimizations for the latest operating systems, potentially leading to better performance on Windows 10.

Deprecated Features: Some older features or technologies present in Windows 7 might be deprecated or not supported in Windows 10. If a game is specifically developed with Windows 10 in mind, developers might not account for or optimize around these older features.

Development Resources: Game development is resource-intensive. As Windows 7 becomes less common and as its extended support from Microsoft has ended, developers might choose to focus their optimization efforts on more recent operating systems.

APIs and Middleware: Some newer APIs and middleware tools might offer features or performance benefits that are only available or optimized for Windows 10.

Security and DRM: Modern DRM solutions or security features might be optimized for or only supported on newer operating systems, which can influence game performance or compatibility.

In essence, while many optimization efforts can benefit a game on both Windows 7 and Windows 10, there are numerous specific scenarios where optimization for Windows 10 might not directly translate to better performance on Windows 7. As technology and software practices evolve, the divergence between the two operating systems will likely become even more pronounced.

In the end, I just want to say that I fell in love with PoE. In all aspects (at least till level 40) it is so much better than Diablo 4 😊

woah, that's a lot of words too bad i ain't reading them.
ty GGG for good work but live search not workin at all for me...
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
My Performance Still Shit :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info