100c CPU temp ONLY in PoE?

For anyone having this problem i think i've found a fix. Open your Task Manager with PoE running, right click on PoE process and set "Efficiecy Mode" on. My temps went from 99c to 73 while changing maps, etc; Didn't saw fps drops so far, maybe it will have some impact with super large packs.

I5-13600K
"
AtoOss wrote:
For anyone having this problem i think i've found a fix. Open your Task Manager with PoE running, right click on PoE process and set "Efficiecy Mode" on. My temps went from 99c to 73 while changing maps, etc; Didn't saw fps drops so far, maybe it will have some impact with super large packs.

I5-13600K

I have the exact same problem with poe (and only poe) destroying my cpu.
Generic Expedition or Blight spawns use 100% of my 13600k performance --> 100C into thermal throttling all the time.

Do you use win 11?
I cant find this mode in tab manager or anywhere else.
so i kind of might found a fix (sorry if bad english lol)

im running r9 5900x
sapphire nitro+ rx 7800 xt
32 ram

2k monitor 165 refresh rate everything maxed out

and AIO - DeepCool LS720 Black ARGB and its amazing i mean one of the best coolers i could've bought

while playing PoE and keep loading new things such as finishing a quest going to different town in act's and heist things and etc my cpu peaks at around 73-75C and just for a moment while things are still loading and i saw jumps from 20/26/30 utilization to 80/90 for split seconds

While running around the map im keeping about 68-70-71C while killing mobs and doing quest's and thats not a high temp for this processor like AT ALL but i wanted to try something

-

i think i limited the cores that the game is using just from a command or idk how to put it

so what you do is go to your game files and make a note pad / document and just type

Thread.ProcessorCount 8
Thread.MaxProcessorCount 8
Thread.MinFreeProcessorCount 0
Thread.JobThreadPriority 0
GstRender.Thread.MaxProcessorCount 8"

then on the top left corner you will see the option file click it then save as
AND SOMETHING RLY IMPORTANT you can name it whatever you want BUT just type .cfg at the end for example name.cfg
and below the file name you will see ''save as type'' and you set it to all files and it should look something like that (ill post an imagine below)

my cpu has 12 cores and the game just kept pushing them for no reason and these temps. so what this does well it limits the cores that the game is using so for example i 1stly tried 4 cores so i typed

Thread.ProcessorCount 4
Thread.MaxProcessorCount 4
Thread.MinFreeProcessorCount 0
Thread.JobThreadPriority 0
GstRender.Thread.MaxProcessorCount 4"

then 8 and so on

and dont copy paste the values im putting cuz its not the same for every cpu if you have 8cores try limiting to 4 and so on

so i hope this helps you guys

- still needs testing

Last edited by DaZeXD on Apr 26, 2024, 5:25:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info