100c CPU temp ONLY in PoE?

This only happens in PoE
(I player other games like GTA 5, V Rising, Rocket League.. they rarely go to 90)

PoE, as soon as I login, the first town you start in, I hit 99-100c temp shortly.... it's only shortly, but I still find it concerning.

Everything is default settings in-game, as I just came back to poe.

my specs:
i7 13700k
rtx 4080
noctua nh-d15 cromaxblack.
32gb ram
asus z790 tuf gaming

Last bumped on Apr 26, 2024, 5:17:59 PM
"
oestergreen wrote:
This only happens in PoE
(I player other games like GTA 5, V Rising, Rocket League.. they rarely go to 90)

PoE, as soon as I login, the first town you start in, I hit 99-100c temp shortly.... it's only shortly, but I still find it concerning.

my specs:
i7 13700k
rtx 4080
32gb ram
asus z790 tuf gaming

holy, dude turn off multi threading... those advanced settings have been foobared by the patch. gl
"
oestergreen wrote:
This only happens in PoE

I'd say you need to sort your cooling out then. and after that have a look at your settings (also ambient temperature is a thing)

Honestly i have a worse system, and temps wise on everything i have played is never over 60.

And i doubt it is anything to do with multi threading.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Aug 10, 2023, 2:39:26 AM
Check your GPU usage if you want a good laugh. Would be amazed if your GPU is using more than 1 or 2 GB of VRAM. Yet its usage will be up in the 90s.

Clearly, something is really wrong with the engine they are trying to push onto POE1. I know POE1 has always been heavy on the CPU but it should still be working your GPU pretty hard.
those are single player games that dont push cpu much.
in poe all mobs are calculated for dmg individually.
diablo4 dont do that.
cpu is hit hard here.

its why i run a 7800x3d even in 4k with a 6700xt and games runs great
With this latest season, I see the same but mine is more around 90-92c. If I change the engine from Vulcan to Direct X 12, the temps drop to 77-82c.

AMD Ryzen 5800x
Radeon 6900XT
"
I'd say you need to sort your cooling out then. and after that have a look at your settings (also ambient temperature is a thing)

Honestly i have a worse system, and temps wise on everything i have played is never over 60.

And i doubt it is anything to do with multi threading

His averages show his cooling is fine. He said it is the spike when he loads into a town, the game loading the assets during that timeframe.
"
oestergreen wrote:
This only happens in PoE

my specs:
i7 13700k
rtx 4080
32gb ram
asus z790 tuf gaming

Having the same problem, only happens in PoE too.

i5 13600k
One and last thing you need to remember with 12th and 13th gen intel processors is that THERE IS NO COOLER on the market who can cool these processors with AIR. I already burnt 2 13th gen i7 and i9 with games like Rust etc. So you do not want to run anything above 90 degrees.

Go buy a simple 360 AIO liquid cooler and forget about temperature issues, it will stay at 60 degrees.
You should not even be getting there tbh, the system should be throttling the CPU to keep the temsp under control
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info