I fully support Reddit mods in their decision to be part of the protest

We are all PoE players. And, as PoE player myself, I can't imagine my life without Awakened PoE Trade, PoE Wiki, poe.ninja, Filterblade, Craft of Exile. I often use Blight Helper, Vorici chromatic calculator, PoE Racing, poelab.

The fact that people are accusing Reddit mods of being selfish and doing wrong by denying them Reddit ("how dare you to make me feel inconvenience") - is sickening. It is shame that we, as a community who heavily rely on 3rd party tools, can't understand the meaning and purpose of the protest against new Reddit API rules.

I want to say that I am fully support the mods of PoE subreddit in their decision to make it part of the protest.

That's all I wanted to say. Thank you.
Last bumped on Jul 5, 2023, 1:12:44 PM
hoho
Hi, Mr reddit mod please allow me to explain why you dont own the content you moderate.

You didn't create it.
The API changes Reddit are bringing in aren't changing. The CEO of Reddit thinks the protests are a joke. 3rd party support is dead. I think it will cost something around 20 million a year to use Reddit's API.

With how heavily moderated r/pathofexile is. I would imagine the mods are using a 3rd party mod tool. Which is no more with the changes. Considering what people were saying and doing on the subreddit was a massive issue. The subreddit is dead anyway.

I know for sure if it came back and couldn't be as moderated as it was. People like Chris will be staying away from it.

I am all for people being allowed to speak their minds but a lot of POE staff and subreddit users just couldn't handle it.

Nah.

It's a farce.

As is the removal of any criticism of it.
"
mrrick1781 wrote:
The API changes Reddit are bringing in aren't changing. The CEO of Reddit thinks the protests are a joke. 3rd party support is dead. I think it will cost something around 20 million a year to use Reddit's API.

With how heavily moderated r/pathofexile is. I would imagine the mods are using a 3rd party mod tool. Which is no more with the changes. Considering what people were saying and doing on the subreddit was a massive issue. The subreddit is dead anyway.

I know for sure if it came back and couldn't be as moderated as it was. People like Chris will be staying away from it.

I am all for people being allowed to speak their minds but a lot of POE staff and subreddit users just couldn't handle it.

pretty sure these forums and ingame global chat are more heavily moderated than the subreddit and it's not even close. and it's not like we see many ggg employees around here either. they rarely appear unless you ask something about payments and microtransactions.

about the strike, I fully support it despite never having used any 3rd party app for reddit. the only downside is that I can't find any information regarding game mechanics because it's all on reddit
Last edited by auspexa on Jun 17, 2023, 10:28:00 AM
The problem most people I've spoken with have is not that they can't shitpost on the reddit anymore.
It's that 10 years of accumulated information has been locked out from being accessed by people.
At least for now you can still access it through archives, but a lot of people don't know how or just can't be bothered and give up.
I was unaware that those 3rd party tools used the reddit API.
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
Raveshaw0 wrote:
Nah.

It's a farce.

As is the removal of any criticism of it.

Exactly.

They made a stick post. That post got something like 1200 upvotes or less tan 0.4% of the total members (> half a million). They said that felt like overwhelming support. xD

I say good riddance. Best thing that ever happen to poe.
I support this mass action strike as well. Somehow people missed the point the OP was trying to make. How would it be if GGG did something similar, and all the community sites went down due to not being able to pay for access via the API any more?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info