Clusterfudging POE's Player Base with your hopeless wars against Reddit!

Too many things that GGG doesn't control.

Basically all Poe streamers made some sort of a private Discord server or community, where they do things in shadows...

I am concerned about this, I don't want the player base to be scattered and clusterized, I want things to be more centralised and someone to get in charge about it.

As I said, not owning your game's most popular community group doesn't make you look good, just shows more irresponsibility.

"They don't want to deal with the negativity"!!!

- Ha ha ha, they don't want to deal with criticism but they want money! That is not how things work. Not at all.

And they let the poor r/pathofexile modders to fight alone against Reddit, show only that someone doesn't have balls to cover the expenses this useful community may not afford, for getting players to their game!

Yo guys, please stop flaming me! Just stop for a bit from repeating same smartass things that you all learned from zizaranis and start thinking, please.
Last edited by Mitterand on Jun 14, 2023, 10:00:42 AM
"Since the uproar in (kalandra?) league, they have completely abandoned it as a platform because they didn't want to deal with the negativity anymore."

This is the way Emu's work, but emu's are Australian, as I know, while GGG is not.

Jokes aside, the fact that negativity is a thing in competitive video games or in public forums was a known fact since many years, since decades.

I know the team is small, there are more important things to be adressed and devellopped, but... but. This is an important thing. This is an important thing, it does affect the game.

Fight it, don't hide under your pillow, common, this will affect the game short-term and in the long run too. No Poe 2, or Poe 3, or Poe 4 will not help you if you give up.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
GGG does not own or control the POE subreddit, it wasn't their choice to make it private. If anything you can blame them for posting news and information on reddit rather than this forum but the sub going private has nothing to do with them.

This is partially true. GGG stated they relay on redit more than on this forum in the past. This was probably due to convenience in the early days. I could state my opinion on this, but no one cares about that. cheers
"
AintCare wrote:
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
GGG does not own or control the POE subreddit, it wasn't their choice to make it private. If anything you can blame them for posting news and information on reddit rather than this forum but the sub going private has nothing to do with them.

This is partially true. GGG stated they relay on redit more than on this forum in the past. This was probably due to convenience in the early days. I could state my opinion on this, but no one cares about that. cheers

You can make a post about it... or I guess you did. I thought that I am alone seeing this. Thanks for writing your opinion, it can differ from mine too.

I am a designer in my "real life". I do designs but I am also selling alone my designs, you see, I am 2 things in one. And I am also a gamer. Just telling that focussing on one thing is a luxury nowadays.
You should be able to manage multiple things at once, that's just how life is.
While I like that GGG focuses on the game itself, they should focus on the community devellopment too.
"
Mitterand wrote:
"
AintCare wrote:
"
Baharoth15 wrote:

You can make a post about it... or I guess you did. I thought that I am alone seeing this. Thanks for writing your opinion, it can differ from mine too.

I am a designer in my "real life". I do designs but I am also selling alone my designs, you see, I am 2 things in one. And I am also a gamer. Just telling that focussing on one thing is a luxury nowadays.
You should be able to manage multiple things at once, that's just how life is.
While I like that GGG focuses on the game itself, they should focus on the community devellopment too.

Magic is in outsourcing. Outsource your job, the sales and worry no more. And what could be a better place to outsource the community than the self propelling echo chamber?
Last edited by AintCare on Jun 14, 2023, 11:31:35 AM
Magic is in outsourcing. Outsource your job, the sales and worry no more. And what could be a better place to outsource the community than the self propelling echo chamber?[/quote]

I totally agree with you. Only remark, outsource things but still keep the control, you cannot just give up completely on one of the important fields of your business and still hope that ya'll do great anyway and things will be as sunny even if you don't worry about it. My guess is - you need to worry about things to be adequate. Not many will understand and accept this, I know.
Like they could "control" the community even if they wanted to. They can't even deal with it properly that's why they tug their tails between their legs after kalandra. Moving away from reddit and completely seizing communication. At this point there is a massive cavice between GGG and it's playerbase, they no longer care to listen to anything so there is no need for any kind of community interaction.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
Moving away from reddit

oh, well... I'm actually impressed. hats off to GGG
GGG simply posts on reddit because its popular.

GGG simply posts on twitter coz its popular too.

i m fine with GGG interacting with us this way.

what i'm NOT fine is GGG not making important information CLEARLY available in their own website.

for example, chris mentioned that sanctified relics would not be going to standard.

WHERE was this mentioned? i believe it was in a livestream. why was it not mentioned in any post on the official site?

our first real official word about this on an official site came mid league where they also mentioned that the uniques wont be coming to std.

[Removed by Support]
Agreed that it sucks that GGG doesn't use their own forum and website for dispensing information (or at least DUPLICATE whatever info they have elsewhere).

That being said, @OP: you can literally post any question you have on this forum in the gameplay help section and you get an answer from SOMEONE usually within a few hours at most. OR you absolutely can search this forum! I literally just typed in Scent of Blood in the search and bam theres a long list of threads specifically talking about your exact question.

https://www.pathofexile.com/search/results/scent%20of%20blood/search-within/threads-posts

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info