Clusterfudging POE's Player Base with your hopeless wars against Reddit!

As the title is self-explanatory, I will not repeat it again.

You GGG guys have done a lot of good things, but this is the harsh truth that I am forced to tell you:

1. You have choosed Reddit. There are other projects, like Quora, etc. Maybe Quora is for oldies and non-gamers, but you have got your point. You have choosed it, not the players, why then players should suffer for your own bad decisions?

2. Your game has lots of bugs and hidden interactions that are only clarified on Reddit. First of, the player posts on your "private" now community were not your intellectual property, so you have no right to decide for them and make their information hidden. It could be my post or some of my friend's posts. Yo guys, Reddit was not only for "casual" discussion, it contained lots, and lots, and lots of useful specific information! Please don't redirect me for some Discord bot! I know about TFT, I know about the official POE discord server, but when I search for answers about the game mechanics I want to search it on ffff.... GOOGLE, Bing, DuckDuckGo, man, duh! GOOGLE! I don't care if it will redirect to Reddit, Quora, Miss Universe's official webpage or even Eminem's twitter account. That info, made by players, for players should just be searchable.

3. If you cannot pay Reddit, I can understand that. Shit happens. But instead of protesting in the hope that players will protest against Reddit too, which will never happen, trust me - not every players give a f*ck about Poe's future like me - they just went now to play D4 - as all the streamers did, you better tried to find a solution in REAL-TIME, other than clusterfudging the player base even more!

I am sorry for being LOUD or maybe I said something wrong, but this answer I received from a r/pathofexile moderator just got me.

I want to stop the negativity, not to amplify it, but to be real I don't know how. It should be also understood by you guys.

Last bumped on Jun 17, 2023, 12:58:02 AM
And another thing.

GGG please always explain us the decisions you make.

This will build the trust between you and us, your community.

I see, maybe Quora is just seen as a place for the serious people, or there is no fun, but as long it would not charge for moderation or make your work be obsolete, it would be a better option, imo. I may be wrong, maybe they take more money than Reddit. - these are just thoughts, nothing serious.

See, we may not be programmers but before the bad things happen just try to get a decent back-up for the popular tools we have now, for some of them players were working for years, writing posts, playing, testing, etc.
GGG does not own or control the POE subreddit, it wasn't their choice to make it private. If anything you can blame them for posting news and information on reddit rather than this forum but the sub going private has nothing to do with them.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
GGG does not own or control the POE subreddit, it wasn't their choice to make it private. If anything you can blame them for posting news and information on reddit rather than this forum but the sub going private has nothing to do with them.

See, that is the dumbest thing, imo. Not a thing to repeat by any self-respecting gaming studio.

Not having any control on your own subreddit, or a subreddit dedicated on your own game.

Especially when you talk about audience and numbers, I will just better think that your comment is not based on facts, because if it is, then it's even worse than I thought. Any concurrent like D4 will just ripe the player base and every posts and communities they've created over years, it can be a simple task for someone who wants to destroy PoE then.

But your comment is not true, as in the answer of the reddit moderator he has redirected me to Poe's official Discord server and to this ...forum to search for information such as bugged interactions which is unreal, to be honest.. I'll better let ChatGPT to give me their 50/50 correct answers than searching for game mechanics info on this forum, it is not structured for it and it doesn't appear in browser search. And it lacks useful posts on any topic too.
The PoE Forum is here - and that's it, at least for me.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
"
Antigegner wrote:

Yeah? Then tell me, is the Scent of Blood node worth taking by alone or it should be combined with other Beyond atlas nodes mandatory to have a better effect. And also, there is a lot of wording in Path of Exile that needs to be clarified, and we had all that info on Reddit. Does it actually make each 10-th map to have beyond monsters in it or it works something differently. On reddit you just type: Scent of Blood and you see all the posts about it.

There are also many build makers who need in depth info for making the build you are playing right now bud. Just because you only read the forum, which is salutable, it doesn't mean anyone is.

I see the forum as useful, it's just very poorly optimized, hard to search on it, it's posts as mentioned above not searcheable on google, and just delusional for build creators. We don't have all the poe encyclopedia in our heads, we search on poewiki.net but also on reddit.
"
Antigegner wrote:

Other functions of r/pathofexile:

1. Sharing Bugs and helping GGG to fix them.
2. Sharing Builds.
3. Hyping about Poe thus attracting new players. Game rn is temp-dead. (reddit down, d4 launch, mid-league) While there are no players playing you will not able to play top-builds too, cuz they require trading for crafting components.
4. Making PoE players relax after the play, you had the right to post there funny images. Here on forum you can get banned for some acceptable reddit gags.
5. As a news feed it was just better, because top info appeared pinned and the appearence is not darkish as here but lighters, as it is on top newspapers. All newspapers use light-color scheme. It makes reading just easier.
6. You say it, I am just very upset that this is happening, to the point of wanting to forget about Poe for a time at least. But I will not go for d4, cuz I am not an average Joe going where anyone else goes. I will better play a solo game if my fav game gets literally unplayable.
Calm down.

I just voiced my opinion. You can have yours - all the power to you.

GGG decided to go with Reddit instead of their own forum. They could have improved on what they had here (for 10 years) but they didn't.

"
Mitterand wrote:
I am not an average Joe going where anyone else goes.

Then I'm sure you will handle this challenging situation like a pro - no need to worry.

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Jun 14, 2023, 8:57:35 AM
"
Mitterand wrote:
"
Baharoth15 wrote:

See, that is the dumbest thing, imo. Not a thing to repeat by any self-respecting gaming studio.

Not having any control on your own subreddit, or a subreddit dedicated on your own game.

Especially when you talk about audience and numbers, I will just better think that your comment is not based on facts, because if it is, then it's even worse than I thought. Any concurrent like D4 will just ripe the player base and every posts and communities they've created over years, it can be a simple task for someone who wants to destroy PoE then.

But your comment is not true, as in the answer of the reddit moderator he has redirected me to Poe's official Discord server and to this ...forum to search for information such as bugged interactions which is unreal, to be honest.. I'll better let ChatGPT to give me their 50/50 correct answers than searching for game mechanics info on this forum, it is not structured for it and it doesn't appear in browser search. And it lacks useful posts on any topic too.

You can choose to believe whatever you want I guess, but Baharoth is right. GGG have never, at any point, controlled or moderated the subreddit and have never once expressed any interest in doing so.
I'll add to the previous posts on this topic; not only do GGG not control the subreddit, they don't even use it anymore.

Since the uproar in (kalandra?) league, they have completely abandoned it as a platform because they didn't want to deal with the negativity anymore.

While I 100% agree that it's a massive pain in the ass not being able to look up the answers to very specific technical questions which have pretty much exclusively been discussed on Reddit, It's literally nothing to do with GGG.

Spoiler
And although I haven't been playing PoE recently I have been big into warframe which not only has the same issue with super technical interactions, but has also decided to go "indefinitely dark", typical :(

Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info