Letter of appreciation to POE community/criticism on D4 subreddit

while I'm not interested in reading a "personal" letter

the title is fascinating.. you think one community is somewhat "better"? if so you havent really been playing this game much or havent really look much specially in what the decisions of the dev's of this game patch to patch and league after league are doing in general to the game..
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
Xystre wrote:

the title is fascinating.. you think one community is somewhat "better"? if so you havent really been playing this game much or havent really look much specially in what the decisions of the dev's of this game patch to patch and league after league are doing in general to the game..

trust me i ve had my share of vitriol and criticism.

but on this forum or even in poe subreddit. its no where as toxic as rd4
[Removed by Support]
Ive always thought the PoE community was by and large terrible, so I cant really agree.

Right now D4 sub-reddit is quite similar to how PoE was for a VERY long time, though.
"
exsea wrote:
"
Xystre wrote:

but it's literally the same community? pretty much? the numbers that the league or this game is lacking are over there playing d4.. what makes you think it's not the poe community except actually new blood trying arpgs for the first time?
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
That sub also has extremely weird upvote ratios.

20k+ karma with 60% ratio of some cringe wall of text, meanwhile no1 in the comments agree with it? Most likely purchased karma on a bot site to push it to the front page.

Honeymoon phase has very little to do with how these subs go on release, unless I overestimated human intelligence.

Anthem/ New World/ Lost Ark all had terrible, flat out false statements on their hot page and look where the games are atm. Most likely some corporate shenanigan to make people buy in while its the new big thing....

Lost Ark actually still has players, but none of them likes the 5 euro real money tax on buying anything from the AH, while it was regarded as the 2nd coming of Christ at launch for some reason.
Last edited by krenderke on Jun 21, 2023, 3:54:11 AM
I used to avidly read forums of Blizzard games, and IMO most of them have this problem. It's not about voicing your own opinion anymore. It's also about bringing down someone else's because it doesn't jibe with yours, and why? Out of fear that Blizzard will listen to this "crybaby noob", this singular person out there, or even this one group of opinions, and not HIS takes. In part I'd say it comes out of lack of trust that those in charge will make a decision based on their own thoughts, as if they can't think for themselves.

Edit because I want to reply to someone without double-posting.

"
Xystre wrote:
"
exsea wrote:
"
Xystre wrote:

but it's literally the same community? pretty much? the numbers that the league or this game is lacking are over there playing d4.. what makes you think it's not the poe community except actually new blood trying arpgs for the first time?

If you're being sarcastic, sorry. But D:IV absolutely has people who've never played an ARPG, along with those who want to steer clear of PoE. Read the D:IV forums, they see this game as zoom-zoom cookie clicker simulator, on par with D3.
witch enthusiast, send occ/ele/necro builds
Last edited by heaven0777 on Jun 21, 2023, 5:20:21 AM
"
ThomasK_GGG wrote:
Hi fellow Exiles,

While we encourage community discussions please keep in mind that attacking other players is a breach of our Code of Conduct.

Please keep the comments civil and focusing on the topic of the thread itself, thanks!

quoted from another post recently.

this is one of the major contributors to why POE community doesnt really have them shitting on each other.

mods are actually curbing this behaviour.

rd4 mods dont give a shit.
[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info