Why aren't their punishments for scammers, price fixers and bots?

Other games are banning this behaviour but GGG doesn't seem to care at all...
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2023, 2:22:59 PM
"
N91312 wrote:
Other games are banning this behaviour but GGG doesn't seem to care at all...

well scammers will be banned if you can give GGG proof.

Price "fixing" isn't against ToS as far as I know.

In regards to bots, then again not allowed but you have to provide proof.
Cause there are no rules in the ToS about price fixing and scamming.

The scammer part is quite questionable as most other games actually take more actions against this sort of stuff.
Banning or punishing people for price fixing would be quite questionable. Yes it sucks to deal with it as a player but it's a open market and everyone is allowed to list their stuff for whatever you want.

Wish they would at least do some more against bots and rmt. Cause seeing the same trade and spam bots each league is quite tiring. Even more tiring to see the exact same rmt guys ruining and controlling the market with their shady business every single league.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Apr 23, 2023, 4:19:09 PM
I might sound fool but how do we regulate the thing if there is no closed market and fixed prices ?

The issue to be solved becomes bigger as we depend the market deeper, no ?
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
For Scammers, they can be banned if they get reported including some proof.
Besides that, the current trading system doesn't make it that easy to scam. It requrires the scammed person not to pay the necessary attention (which should be there at high value stuff). Don't get me wrong, this is no excuse for this behaviour, but it should be kept in mind that this needs two.

For Price Fixers, there is afaik nothing wrong with them, at least compared to the ToS. If you're sure someone is price fixing (in stead of other reasons for not answering) you can still put that player on ignore.

For bots... The ToS says that they are allowed as long as 1 command to the bot doesn't cause more than 1 serverside action. So stuff like sending a thank you message via 1 click is fine.
A full automated trade bot would be against the ToS, but here's also the problem that you would have to get hands on some proof in order to get GGG taking action.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
Scammers and Bots are banned from time to time. We just don't know how often and when because they don't announce it or make a big deal of it. Scammers have to be reported many times before it happens from what I've seen.

Also, a lot of people call something a scam around here when it is not. For instance, flipping an item, listing something at a price that is too high or buying something for too low gets confused with scamming sometimes. So, it depends on what you mean by scamming.

Price fixing is a natural consequence of having trade and also not against the ToS.
Depends on the scam in most situations you trusted someone you shouldn't have.
Some bots are banned.
Price fixers? hoho.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
there not their
"
superbomb1967 wrote:
there not their

They're really not going to care about their grammar since there is no need to care on a gaming forum. :)
"
Nubatron wrote:
Scammers and Bots are banned from time to time. We just don't know how often and when because they don't announce it or make a big deal of it. Scammers have to be reported many times before it happens from what I've seen.

Also, a lot of people call something a scam around here when it is not. For instance, flipping an item, listing something at a price that is too high or buying something for too low gets confused with scamming sometimes. So, it depends on what you mean by scamming.

Price fixing is a natural consequence of having trade and also not against the ToS.

I think they have mostly given up on bots, unless it's wildly blatant for RMT. The amount of trade bots is pretty staggering tbh.

Scamming is a tough one. I think they don't do anything unless an account gets many reports, and depending on the scam probably not worth much to invest time and resources into them.

As for flippers...nothing to see here lol. Hell the dedicated Mathil viewers use his new builds to profit after he starts to play. Mathil effect indeed.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Apr 24, 2023, 9:53:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info