[3.23] Lk's Cold DoT Ele [League-start to over 40m DoT] (Wildwood Primalist Update)

"
Gotskiii wrote:
Hi @darth_suicune thanks for reviewing my pob!

so this is my first ever league and still figuring things in Poe,
are adding life in rings, amulet and belt are that mandatory? cuz they only adds like +70 life and i assume that's not influencing my health that much (sorry i'm that new)

gonna try swtiching to LK build and save up some divs to purchase some items!
oh and i saw the Pob of the build ( https://pobb.in/2COcOTdtBMQV ) capped all res but i see not that resistance in the equipment? all i see is the DD have 16-20% lightning and chaos res, two stone ring have lightning and cold res maxed at 16% res, Murder mitts with 42% cold res 31% lightning res and that's it
how can the pob have capped res while the res in the equipment doesnt have that much res? am i missing or read the pob wrong?

Congrats making it that far on your first league! Mandatory is a big word, but I'd say so, yes. In theory, it only adds like 70 (for rings and amulet, 90-100 for belt, 30-40 for the abyssal jewel). That adds up to like 250-300 that doesn't sound like so much, but the thing is, that's base. That gets multiplied by the 150% increased in your tree. That suddenly becomes around 600 points of life, if not more (from other modifiers you might have). That's a substantial increase in survivability. I'm at 5.3k life with capped res, and I get regularly to 0-300 life in some bad spots. Spell suppression would help in some of those, but sometimes it's just melee.

The PoB Lk provided is a bit confusing if you aren't used to it. If you check the rare items, most of them are "New item" with just 2-3 rows of stats, but rares can have up to 6. The idea is that you fill your resistances and stats with the open slots. He has special modifiers in the configuration section that gives a flat bonus, so that you can do the rest and adjust as needed. It makes it easier to make a PoB and focus on what's most important, but needs the reader to understand that.

Hey there,

first of all thank u for the build guide I had an absolute blast with it.
That's why I decided to push it to the limit and min max it as much as possible.
Here is the Result:

pob: https://pobb.in/WjI0WAkfL_Lo

What is this build for?

Its an awesome league starter, an absolute allrounder and shines most
in alch and go scenarios.
It can run all mods on all maps, the clear is absolutely decent
and the playstyle super fun and zoomy.
It can do all the content that the game has to offer pretty easy and on a fairly low budget.

Can it do uber bosses?

Yes it can do Uber bosses but I would not recommend that to new players,
because it wont one-shot any Uber bosses and that will force u to do the boss mechanics.

Uber Shaper run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXv7B8l6uVI

What makes this build stand out?

The overall comfort of just running unidentified maps, essences and other hard content without thinking too much about mods and just blasting.

Vortex and creeping frost are similar to totems and allow u to move around avoiding hits while doing damage at the same time.

The overall levelling experience is super smooth and getting into red maps works even on a 4-link.

What are the conns:

Enemies cant take more then 36 mil dot damage per second, that means your dps will hit a brick wall at some point .

The build is very vulnerable to Degen since the only source off life recovery is our flasks.
This is especially bad for some boss fights like Sirius or even shaper.

High investments into this build have diminishing returns and wont scale very well in the endgame.
That means no matter how much u invest it will never be a really good Uber boss killer.

Conclusion:

Overall I would say that this is the best League starter I ever played.
It carried me through all of the content and made me a lot of currency.
Its allrounder capability's make it very versatile which for example allows u to adjust your farming strategy if needed.

I highly recommend this build to other players and I will definitely play it again next league

thanks

Last edited by mynewaccountisawsome on Nov 1, 2023, 1:14:25 PM
Last edited by mynewaccountisawsome on Nov 1, 2023, 1:06:55 PM
Hey, I'm kinda new to POE. After trying few witch builds I found this one to be the most fun to play.

So far this is my build: https://pobb.in/Bpkrq0K2fzPI

For maps I make one change. I replace Mark of the Shaper ring with Death Rush amethyst ring.

What improvements can I make? Any kind of advice will be more than welcome!
Thank you
Last edited by MadlifePL on Nov 3, 2023, 12:31:43 PM
Spoiler
"
Hey there,

That's why I decided to push it to the limit and min max it as much as possible.
Here is the Result:

What is this build for?

It can do all the content that the game has to offer pretty easy and on a fairly low budget.

Can it do uber bosses?

because it wont one-shot any Uber bosses and that will force u to do the boss mechanics.

Uber Shaper run:

The overall comfort of just running unidentified maps, essences and other hard content without thinking too much about mods and just blasting.

Vortex and creeping frost are similar to totems and allow u to move around avoiding hits while doing damage at the same time.

The overall levelling experience is super smooth and getting into red maps works even on a 4-link.

What are the conns:

Enemies cant take more then 36 mil dot damage per second, that means your dps will hit a brick wall at some point .

The build is very vulnerable to Degen since the only source off life recovery is our flasks.

High investments into this build have diminishing returns and wont scale very well in the endgame.
That means no matter how much u invest it will never be a really good Uber boss killer.

Conclusion:

Its allrounder capability's make it very versatile which for example allows u to adjust your farming strategy if needed.

I highly recommend this build to other players and I will definitely play it again next league

thanks

well done! also, agree with you on your pros and cons. at super high end builds, this build definitely falls off for bossing. but for mapping, it's good.

regarding degen, assuming you're mapping, something you can consider to mitigate the recovery - run death rush ring. if you are comfortable with the playstyle, you can run vaal RF gem, and turn on RF while running the map. sustain is fine. i clear most of the map during VCS. so while there is a DoT cap, raising VCS to as high a dps is actually "useful", since you dont need to CF at all (or even vortex) while running through the whole map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4gVClbxzI8&ab_channel=LkGG

i hit 80m in this video, but a few days later it was 100+m. you can see most of my clear occurs during the VCS. 100+m is not an exaggeration, but it's only useful for 100% deli maps. just VCS alone was 17m which is the main dps for mapping (for my playstyle).
Spoiler
"
Hey there,

Here is the Result:

What is this build for?

Can it do uber bosses?

Uber Shaper run:

What are the conns:

Conclusion:

thanks

Thanks for the helpful review!

Hope Cold DoT doesn't get nerfed next league XD
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
"
MadlifePL wrote:
Hey, I'm kinda new to POE. After trying few witch builds I found this one to be the most fun to play.

For maps I make one change. I replace Mark of the Shaper ring with Death Rush amethyst ring.

Thank you

Glad you had fun :)

Some suggestions:

1. Unspec elemental Mastery. It does not provide anything because Mastermind of Discord has a higher minimum.
2. Allocate the 1SP into Pain Attunement (30% more DPS)
3. Run lvl 1 CWDT and lvl 10 Molten Shell (lower level will proc more often)
4. lvl 95 >> lvl 100 for 5 more SP
5. 20% quality on gloves for more evasion

Let us know how it goes~
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
"
LkGGz wrote:
"
MadlifePL wrote:

Thank you

Some suggestions:

1. Unspec elemental Mastery. It does not provide anything because Mastermind of Discord has a higher minimum.

Let us know how it goes~

Thank you! I made these changes. I wasn't sure if I have to put point into Pain Attunement if my Skin of the Lords has Pain Attunement.
I'm also doing labyrinth to get helmet enchantment but no luck yet. Thank you, really appreciate it!

Edit: Changing to lvl 1 CWDT and lvl 10 Molten Shell made huge difference. I guess I learned something :P
Last edited by MadlifePL on Nov 3, 2023, 5:28:44 PM
"
MadlifePL wrote:
"
LkGGz wrote:
"
MadlifePL wrote:

Thank you

Some suggestions:

Let us know how it goes~

Thank you! I made these changes. I wasn't sure if I have to put point into Pain Attunement if my Skin of the Lords has Pain Attunement.
I'm also doing labyrinth to get helmet enchantment but no luck yet. Thank you, really appreciate it!

Edit: Changing to lvl 1 CWDT and lvl 10 Molten Shell made huge difference. I guess I learned something :P

Oops sorry! Please disregard the Pain Attunement comment, you do not need Pain Attunement from both sources.

You're welcome~
Actually it helped. I had a look at passive skill trees from different pob builds and I noticed all of them have Lethe Shade slotted. So I removed Elemental Mastery and used this point for Lethe Shade.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info