The moment you stop communicating, you failed as a gaming company

"
Ivanovv83 wrote:
After i reallised GGG are doing exactly the opposite of what the community wants and Chris is acting like tantrum child with his dark souls vision i stopped donating and prolly quiting the game itself..

Mazochistic gameplay isnt fun. Period.

They are literaly making us want to move to D4..

They're making YOU want to move to D4.

Also Dark Souls (particularly DS1 and 3) are heralded as some of the most fair to the player games ever made. The big difference is that almost no game plays fair. They slant to favor the player HEAVILY, it is unreal how many more advantages players get over AI in a typical game on a 'normal' difficulty. PoE runs the fairness closer to netural, but the player is still VASTLY favored due to the nature of PoE's skills allowing really nutty stuff few games would dare consider offering a player.

I'll be glad to see someone who thinks they are the voice of the communit be gone being honest. And I didn't even like sanctum at all and mostly took a pass on the mechanic, I still had fun just using the league to play a new kind of character, just like I'll likely enjoy one even if the Crucible is a dud.
"
"
Ivanovv83 wrote:
After i reallised GGG are doing exactly the opposite of what the community wants and Chris is acting like tantrum child with his dark souls vision i stopped donating and prolly quiting the game itself..

Mazochistic gameplay isnt fun. Period.

They are literaly making us want to move to D4..

They're making YOU want to move to D4.

Also Dark Souls (particularly DS1 and 3) are heralded as some of the most fair to the player games ever made. The big difference is that almost no game plays fair. They slant to favor the player HEAVILY, it is unreal how many more advantages players get over AI in a typical game on a 'normal' difficulty. PoE runs the fairness closer to netural, but the player is still VASTLY favored due to the nature of PoE's skills allowing really nutty stuff few games would dare consider offering a player.

I'll be glad to see someone who thinks they are the voice of the communit be gone being honest. And I didn't even like sanctum at all and mostly took a pass on the mechanic, I still had fun just using the league to play a new kind of character, just like I'll likely enjoy one even if the Crucible is a dud.

Exactly. I didnt like the sanctum mechanic. I still played the league. You make your own fun. People who are complaining have never taken the time to really understand the game else they would see the new league for what it is, a big meta shake up.

If you dont like the league, take a break from POE and play sometging else. No one is holding a gun to your head to play the game. Maybe next league will be better for you.
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
"
nibas wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
If I was them I'd stop communicating if they communicate you whine and if they don't you whine LOL ridiculous.

That's a bad take. You elevate the discussion, not abandon it.

Uh huh they elevate it quite a bit and you still whine

LMAO

What is it that you do here?
Innocence forgives you
I think we all need a BIG hug.
"
Seebeu wrote:
I think we all need a BIG hug.

Nah we just bored, we just need the league to release.
"
nibas wrote:
GGG's management decision to stop communication via reddit and manifesto, instead of improving themselves to minimize misunderstandings, stems from a critical lack of trust in their community. It's their right to do so of course, but imo this will only lead to further gaps between the players and the company. Please, treat your community with trust and respect, most of us are not idiots; you are already doing a good job of presenting the short term/league goals for each major patch, please apply this to longer term goals: what is your vision going further, what is your "product goal" with PoE? Be more transparent and your design decisions will be accepted more easily.

Who would they be communicating with? The part of wanting something or the part that whine about it? or vice versa

The game community has gone long past the point of having one minded community, its doesnt matter what they do people will be whining about it and as always the whiners are the vocal majority.

So what would be the point of communicating?
"
Itsmez wrote:
"
nibas wrote:
GGG's management decision to stop communication via reddit and manifesto, instead of improving themselves to minimize misunderstandings, stems from a critical lack of trust in their community. It's their right to do so of course, but imo this will only lead to further gaps between the players and the company. Please, treat your community with trust and respect, most of us are not idiots; you are already doing a good job of presenting the short term/league goals for each major patch, please apply this to longer term goals: what is your vision going further, what is your "product goal" with PoE? Be more transparent and your design decisions will be accepted more easily.

Who would they be communicating with? The part of wanting something or the part that whine about it? or vice versa

The game community has gone long past the point of having one minded community, its doesnt matter what they do people will be whining about it and as always the whiners are the vocal majority.

So what would be the point of communicating?

To build, or in this case to regain, trust. It's a wrong approach to treat your community as a toxic/non-salvageable mess, no matter how bad it seems at times. That's why you have communication experts and analysts, to alleviate expectations and manage screw-ups.
Zizaran said it best...
D3 was too dumm and they made it even dummer..
Poe was hard and now they make it impossible grind fest and too complicated.

In both cases ppl lose interest.
[Removed by Support].If GGG continues this way the game will die with absolute certainty..
Last edited by Will_GGG on Apr 3, 2023, 1:25:35 PM
They now just pretend nerfs don't even happen, post-truth style lol. That "only small nerfs this patch, don't worry" comment even set that narrative up.

I really doubt this will be good PR tho. Transparency always wins in the end. As soon players realize what's actually going on here this will just come across as fucking cynical and dishonest.

It's not the first time they pull this kinda shit either tbh. Personally I don't really trust this company anymore. They just come across as a bunch of lying politicians half of the time.
Ninja.
"
la_blue_girl wrote:
They now just pretend nerfs don't even happen, post-truth style lol. That "only small nerfs this patch, don't worry" comment even set that narrative up.

I really doubt this will be good PR tho. Transparency always wins in the end. As soon players realize what's actually going on here this will just come across as fucking cynical and dishonest.

It's not the first time they pull this kinda shit either tbh. Personally I don't really trust this company anymore. They just come across as a bunch of lying politicians half of the time.

TBH there are so many buffs this league i dont really know what people are talking about. The nerfs are more than compensated by the buffs. Even minions from what Ghazzy is talking about.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info