Content Update 3.20.0 -- Path of Exile: The Forbidden Sanctum

"
Rhanin81 wrote:
"Withering Step can no longer be used while already Elusive. This change shouldn't affect builds that don't have ways to gain Elusive outside of Withering Step."

Doesn't this completely gimp any build that has elusive AND uses Withering step for ... Wither stacks ???
Yep :)
I am hyped up with despair buff and Vaal CA. CA is always lack of damage for end game bosses what ever I do in ssfhc. I hope GGG considered endgame balance for CA.
You hid the loot garbage...i mean goblin? No melee buffs? You nerf things that do not need nerfing? Jacked mana cost up on things again? Defenses still hot garbage? Let's just call Defenses "Spell Supression"! LET"S GO DIABLO 4!
"
thawn4444 wrote:
"
AeriusMaximus wrote:
So you are reducing curse values at all levels after all. I knew that crap about it being stronger on pinnacle bosses had something fishy in the air. At the end of the day it will be like the same on bosses and worse everywhere else.

Also, the way they scale now will force you to run high level curse gems or else the effect will be minimal which can be troublesome depending on the gem requirements. You completely ruined the curse mechanics and tried to pass it as a buff like you always do.

I hope ppl speak with their wallets.

base curse values nerfed by 20-25 percent.

bosses lose their 33 and 66 percent reduced curse effect. . .

. . .reddit chumps cry cause they cant do simple math.

Probably need some clarity here [Removed by Support]

3.19: level 1 Vulnerability from curse on hit - 30% inc + 20% = 36%
- 36% x 34% = 12% more damage vs Pinnacle bosses and 36% vs rares.

3.20: level 1 Vulnerability from curse on hit - 15% with no +20% = 15%
- flat 15% vs both Pinnacle bosses and rares.

That's an approximately 58% nerf to the overwhelming majority of a curse on hit player's experience in the game. Accompanied with a 3% buff to pinnacle bosses damage, this is your justification to insult people?

[Removed by Support] The removal of curse effectiveness on unique monsters is good, though it's not enough to warrant a plethora of nerfs.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Last edited by hmcg020 on Dec 1, 2022, 7:33:44 PM
"

Bestiary party-play

Problem:
Bestiary in party-play currently awards a beast to every player when capturing beasts, causing party-play to be the best way to capture specific rare beasts many times over.

Solution:
Additional captures of a beast when playing in a party are now rolled on a per-player basis, with the chance being tied to the quantity bonus granted for playing in a party. The owner of the instance is still guaranteed to receive the captured beast.
Return to top

I'm not sure about this. So I had done some testing using my alt account to farm beasts and it seemed like it depended on who was the map owner. Currently testing now and both players in party still receive, but I could have sworn like a month ago this wasn't working anymore. I had even gone as far as making a juggernaut that would just sit in the middle of the map, being pounded by mobs, until my main would come clear; the jugg wouldn't get any beasts.

With this change, it says the chance is tied to the quantity bonus granted for being in the party, what bonus is that specifically?

2 player party bonuses (in order)
+50% Currency Items
+27% Other Items
+17% Increased Item Rarity

So does this mean going forward my "alt" would have a 50% chance to receive the same beast as the map owner?

I am kinda confused here, sorry for the wall-o-text.

If someone has a good understanding of this mechanic as well as the change, please PM me?

EDIT:

Tried a map with map owner as my main, my alt sitting by the portal, alt did not receive a beast, map owner did. So if I open the map on my alt, my alt and my main get the beast, but if I open a map on my main, the alt does not. Very strange.
☼ Unlock Sandwraith Map mod Tracker Thread #3461595
☼ Remove Deli Music Option #3450767
☼ Improve Beastiery Window beast/trading Management #3380585
☼ Add option to upgrade regular tabs to quads from store #3452458
☼ Buying Veiled Scarabs On Standard 2c Per 24/7 #3508339
Last edited by KingExodusGG on Dec 1, 2022, 5:13:23 PM
Why did you guys for the buff on Vaal Cleave go for "On Rare/Unique Kill" again, means it is useless against Pinnacle bosses as you don't kill them directly?

I hope there is an on hit version as well with % chance?
Last edited by Wieze on Dec 1, 2022, 5:11:55 PM
50% increased totem range removed for what reason exactly? Were players having too much quality of life?
It also got replaced with a thing directly contradicting what was said during the live stream regarding melee dependence on totems.

Just more nerfs with mere crumbs of QoL. You know it's bad when changing the description of bestiary crafts and upping the ES bar a few pixels is somehow considered headline material for QoL changes.

Same stale boring meta with no new toys to play around with except buffs to endgame weapons that have had their rarity increased to the point of it being unobtainable for most players.

Immensely disappointed.
No buffs, only nerfs. Good job again.
Loved this patch notes
"
Rhanin81 wrote:
"Withering Step can no longer be used while already Elusive. This change shouldn't affect builds that don't have ways to gain Elusive outside of Withering Step."

Doesn't this completely gimp any build that has elusive AND uses Withering step for ... Wither stacks ???

Sure does. This is a massive nerf to chaos builds with elusive and Withering step. ~37% less damage on my shroud build.
Last edited by ViolateTheDead on Dec 1, 2022, 5:14:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info