widescreen resolution removed from the game.

Why change something that users themselves have already fixed a long time ago?

"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
"
Dxt44 wrote:
Why change something that users themselves have already fixed a long time ago?

Because:
1) This feature worked perfectly out of the box for 10 years, and GGG has no defensible reason to remove it.

2) It is not OK to force users to use a fix/workaround that could put their account at risk if GGG on a whim decides it violates TOS.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Sep 15, 2023, 11:27:42 AM
"
Because:
1) This feature worked perfectly out of the box for 10 years, and GGG has no rational defense of its removal.

2) It is not OK to force users to use a fix/workaround that could put their account at risk if GGG on a whim decides it violates TOS.

Ok dude, but it doesn't come back to POE 1, so what's your point? They are pretty clear about that.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
Because:
1) This feature worked perfectly out of the box for 10 years, and GGG has no rational defense of its removal.

Ok dude, but it doesn't come back to POE 1, so what's your point? They are pretty clear about that.

I think I've been pretty clear about my point. This is the single most illogical and indefensible thing GGG has ever done to the game. It is objectively harmful to the game with zero redeeming features, and I will not voluntarily be silent about it, no matter how obstinate GGG is determined to be.

2+2 does not equal 5 no matter how much the math teacher says it does. GGG are flat out wrong on this one. It's not like trade or nerfs or other things where their perspective has merit even though the community might not like it. It's just objectively nonsense and makes the game worse. The most charitable read possible of GGG's decision to remove UW support is that they used a bazooka to kill a fly.
"
It is objectively harmful

BS. It's the same as map zoom hack except its only horizontal.
Last edited by Dxt44 on Sep 15, 2023, 12:39:22 PM
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
It is objectively harmful

BS. It's the same as map zoom hack except its only horizontal.

Even if seeing more of the map is a meaningful advantage - a dubious point in and of itself for most of this game's scenarios - if this is true, why allow 21:9? Some map zoom hack is OK but others is not? Based on what? Why? Why black bars instead of an acceptable solution? Where is the actual logic?

Why allow 240fps instead of 60?

Why allow M/KB when some people play on controller?

Your argument, along with all those supporting the inclusion of black bars for the game, is irrational - based on arbitrary reasoning that cannot be defended based on its own internal logic. And *that* is why this is objectively bad. Not because I think it's bad, though I do, but because its own internal logic and reasoning is nonsense.

Anyone, including GGG, trying to defend this change using the logic of what is "fair" for all players does not have anything they can reasonably defend, on several levels. I've consistently pointed out the arbitrary nature of the hardware aspect throughout this thread, but more could be added on - stash tabs are a clear P2W advantage for some players over others, for example. I think that's just fine in this game, and GGG does too. But players getting to use their hardware in a noncompetitive PvE game? Nah that's a bridge too far apparently. Because reasons.

Anyone thinking that you can defend black bars on grounds of fairness or competitiveness in this game is just saying "2+2=5".

1 Year, 28 days.

Fix it.
Last edited by tackle70 on Sep 16, 2023, 8:16:11 AM
To be clear I agree that it should not be the case that you with widescreen have to play with black bars after some of you invest money in the game when it wasn't the case. It's awful behavior from GGG(like many).

"

Even if seeing more of the map is a meaningful advantage - a dubious point in and of itself for most of this game's scenarios - if this is true, why allow 21:9? Some map zoom hack is OK but others is not? Based on what? Why? Why black bars instead of an acceptable solution? Where is the actual logic?

Good point. More than maximum AR doesn't give advantages. In my stupidity, I was comparing the wrong values.

How to think more deeply about their decision, yeah, total absurdity.
1 year, 29 days

Fix it
talk about entitlement
I am not sure its entitlement, its standing up for something you believe in.

All these 1080p Andys crying about big monitors etc, listen if ive got a little willy and need a big monitor to make myself feel better who are you to say otherwise? (just joking)

But its silly when AAA cant support these resolutions but indie games for £0.99 do. Its 2023, 1080p is 14 years old and with modern technology (DLSS etc) playing at 4k has never been more accessible.

But yea idk, I mean at this point it would be nice to see at least some sort of reply and yea using a 3rd party fix that is maybe ToS is super naa for me, I am attached to my account and would not want to lose it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info