[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
King_Haart wrote:
"
meventus wrote:
If anyone could take a look at my build and give me some guidance that would be great.

I just passed 10K ES, most of it comes from gear. I did get lucky with 1 ring that has +96 ES which translates to around 700 ES. I also have Arcane Focus on the passive tree which is around 400 ES. ES stacks somewhat exponentially due to the multipliers, so once you put together a few seemingly smaller increases, that adds up to more than the individual parts.

Where you are missing the most ES:
- Helm, look for at least 250 ES (preferably 300+), this is probably 1K ES or more.
- Body - you want ES+EV, Carnal Armour or preferable Sadist Garb due to the extra ES we get from EV on Chest due to Escape Artist ascendency node. You can probably pick up over 2K ES here if not 3-4K. And get a % increase Int Crusader (or Shaper) chest which is better than flat int (though both is ideal, with crafted +6% attributes).
- Astramentis isn't BIS anymore with the Mirror amulets, but depends a bit on trade.
- Look for mirrored rings.

Finally, try to level to at least ~92, so you can get a few more nodes on the tree which helps a lot. This build scales a lot with each passive point towards 100 because the masteries each give +3% MORE damage.

"
meventus wrote:
I was looking at mirrored rings with high int. and high one stat resist, but I'm unsure on what negative stats to look for. Would -accuracy, -evade, 2 to 20 damage taken, be the negative stats I should be looking for?

-Accuracy and damage taken is OK, but you don't want -evade (unless it's really small) because EV is a big part of this build's tankiness. As discussed in the last page or so of this thread, EV is so big in this build that Int+EV Split Personality jewels are arguably better than Int+ES in some cases (esp. considering the cost!).

To that end, spend 15c to switch out your Int+Armour SP for an Int+EV one. The small Phys Red from the little Armour we get isn't worth as much. Say the EV one gives you +5% evade chance and the Armour gives +5% PR - but your existing EV Chance is 50% and PR is just say 5%. Well that means that the armour takes you to 10% PR which would 'feel' 5% better, but the EV chance would take you to 55% which would 'feel' 10% better. If that makes sense. :)

Thanks a lot. I didn't realize how much ES I was missing from my helm and body armor. I'm going to jump on that ASAP.
"
meventus wrote:

Thanks a lot. I didn't realize how much ES I was missing from my helm and body armor. I'm going to jump on that ASAP.

To max out the build on int/ES/damage, there's a LOT of little niggly things you need to do.

To start:

you're missing: %int on helm (6-10 depending on your luck), %int/%attrs on chest (12-18, again on luck), ~190 int total on your rings (good ones are ~1 div each), ~150 int on your amulet, 4% int on your belt

look or craft ~300ES/1400 evasion sadist garb 6L to start with. you'll be crafting your helm, chest, belt, and maybe amulet (see earlier post by me on how to do it) and searching for 2 good rings.

avoid -life on rings (with the exception of -max life.) avoid -mana, -mana regen, -cold damage, -energy shield, -str/-dex. That's mostly it I think.

Look at various posters' characters to see their gear and get some ideas.

your chest is going to be difficult. you may have to live with a 0 int %int/%attr chest for a while

then you want the influenced stuff on your gloves, good cluster jewels, etc
Last edited by Graiaule on Oct 1, 2022, 3:10:06 AM
Hi meventus,

your Staffs only have 16% increased intelligence. Try to change them to 18% increased intelligence
Atm there is 1 for 2c but only 1 socket. Its easy to get it to 6

And in your Boss setup you use 2 Ele Focus, and no Arcane Surge

The level of the Wave of Conviction is too high, it cannot be procced by the CWDT, downgrade it
Last edited by Snowbliz on Oct 1, 2022, 6:28:12 AM
Thanks for the great guide! I followed the Scion build before this league and loved it, was stoked to see there was an even tankier build around.

I know I'm a bit late, but someone was asking earlier how this build's tankiness compares to Inquisitor RF. I've been playing Pohx's RF since the beginning of the league and farmed for this build with it. I've build the absolute tankiest RF build, with 1.5k regen, 90% all res, capped Chaos res, 50k armor, 5k HP/ES and Aegis Aurora, at level 97.

I've tried out this guide's build a bit (finally bought most of the pieces). My stats are close to the low-end version. I'm at 2157 int, level 84, 9.6k ES. DPS is currently a bit lower that the PoB.

I've tried both a 20% delirium T16 map with extra Harbingers, Einhar and abysses, and depth 415 delve. Even with a lot of possible upgrades left (haven't even bought the conversion jewels or a second cluster yet), I can say with confidence that this build feels as tanky as RF and will probably feel even more tanky with the extreme high-end build. I just need to work on the DPS now, but I need a bunch of levels for that.

The only con of this build in terms of tankiness is the reliance on leech, as you need to be dealing damage to be tanky, while RF relies on Aegis and Regen, which enables a AFK still of play. It can lead to sudden deaths if you're looting while sitting on heavy degen grounds and your leech suddenly runs out.

As for clearing, obviously RF will be better in terms of mapping, but it's the absolute best mapping build, so that's not saying much. Whispering Ice is still a great clearing tool compared to others I've tried.

Haven't tried bossing yet, as I don't have the stun avoidance or the DPS I need. Will report back once I've upgraded those parts a bit more.
@Winter -- stun avoidance isn't that much of an issue. I'm at 49% and it's a non issue.
Yeah I've tried Sirus yesterday while at 22% avoidance (gloves craft only) and was pleasantly surprised. He could barealy tickle me. I'm still lacking some DPS, I'm saving up for the Forbidden jewels.

I realized that I left a int to str conversion jewel in the top jewel slot from a previous tricksters build, so... I feel a bit dumb.

I've tried Simulacrum last night and broke my record. Got to wave 28 before losing my last portal (up from 24 with RF). I might finally kill my first Uber eventually!

I'm currently at 11k ES, lvl 88 and 2384 int and still have so much space for growth. It's very encouraging.

With that said, I haven't been able to squeeze in aspect of the spider yet. I'm down to 83 mana with all four auras, which seems low. Unless I'm mistaken, I believe there's a free gem slot in the PoB in the auras link. I might put an Enlighten in there to free up some mana. Is there a reason it's not included in the build? There's a free slot and it's great QoL even if not mandatory.

EDIT : just realized I didn't allocate the energy shield mastery node, which would increase Discipline efficiency. My question still stands about Enlighten and QoL, but that node does help quite a bit with the mana. Plus, Englighten taking care of mana issues frees up that mastery for an additionnal 400-500 ES with "3% of max mana as ES".
Last edited by WinterHiko on Oct 2, 2022, 11:12:20 AM
"
WinterHiko wrote:

With that said, I haven't been able to squeeze in aspect of the spider yet. I'm down to 83 mana with all four auras, which seems low. Unless I'm mistaken, I believe there's a free gem slot in the PoB in the auras link. I might put an Enlighten in there to free up some mana. Is there a reason it's not included in the build? There's a free slot and it's great QoL even if not mandatory.

EDIT : just realized I didn't allocate the energy shield mastery node, which would increase Discipline efficiency. My question still stands about Enlighten and QoL, but that node does help quite a bit with the mana. Plus, Englighten taking care of mana issues frees up that mastery for an additionnal 400-500 ES with "3% of max mana as ES".

Probably just forgot to add Enlighten that due to not needing it if you take increased reservation to Discipline and Clarity from their masteries, removal of mana reservation efficiency from Reservation mastery and this being new class to WI.

I think Enlighten is worth as both those masteries have other good stuff to pick and you have gem slot for that.

You might want to change your reservation mastery bonus to something useful. And put something to those empty jewel slots.
Holy crap why did I click increased life reservation efficency? Thanks for the heads-up, I'm going to change that ASAP for that 32% increased damage (8% per aura).

Empty jewel slots are waiting for the forbidden jewels I'm saving up for. I got 7div and the set costs 13div right now. Instead of filling them up, I'm just waiting for that upgrade.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Oct 2, 2022, 2:40:56 PM
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Holy crap why did I click increased life reservation efficency? Thanks for the heads-up, I'm going to change that ASAP for that 32% increased damage (8% per aura).

Empty jewel slots are waiting for the forbidden jewels I'm saving up for. I got 7div and the set costs 13div right now. Instead of filling them up, I'm just waiting for that upgrade.

Just get Brute Force to them while waiting. They cost like 1c each so you are not gonna loose much.
I've been playing around with the gems a bit and managed to work in Herald of Ice. It gave me a 20% increase in overall damage.

https://pastebin.com/FELrwKxF

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info