[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Hello,

I'm a returning player and a huge noob in Poe. I've been struggling with my build, and getting upgrades seems so expensive right now. I'm currently on T11 maps and typically fail quite a bit of mechs.

Any help is appreciated!
"
toanerz wrote:
Hello,

I'm a returning player and a huge noob in Poe. I've been struggling with my build, and getting upgrades seems so expensive right now. I'm currently on T11 maps and typically fail quite a bit of mechs.

Any help is appreciated!

Welcome back to the game!

First, get six-linked staves. You can get 30-40% more damage right there and then and it's not that costly.

Finding some room to add Hatred will give you another whooping 20% more damage. It is definitively worth taking the reservation wheel and annointing Charisma.

Your staves really need to give you +18% int. It's a huge upgrade for little cost.

Change your leftmost jewel to a strength to int conversion jewel for +55 flat int, which is huge in this build. The jewel shoudl be a couple chaos at most.

Assassin's Mark is not useful with already two curses on chest. As for the two curses on chest, you absolutely need to get Whispers of Doom, else they overwrite each other. The base limit of curses on a target is 1.

Changing your chest piece to a better base could give you a huge boost in ES. We're talking 2k ES, even if you're not going for the end version with the +%int. Just find a six-link Sadist Garb with one or two good mods that give ES and potentially EV, then craft +6% attributes. It's going to make a huge difference. And the more ES you get, the more leech you also get.

Same for the helmet. The ES amount is very low. Remember that it gets greatly multiplied in an int-stacking build. You can get a good Hubris thingy with +int, +ES and +%ES for 10-15C, then craft a resist you ened, for example.

When you get a bit more budget, switching to cluster jewels with Cold to the Core and Split personnalities with int (use int/EV if you'Re low on currency) is another great boost.

Hope this helps!
I dont get this

"Step 2:

Gather any warstaff bases with t4 node either 10% STR/10% INT or 10% DEX/10% INT"

That mod only exist with t2?

"10% increased Dexterity 10% increased Intelligence (Tier 2)"
Last edited by Mellers127 on Apr 21, 2023, 3:36:21 PM
"
Necro_42739 wrote:

If someone feels hitting a brickwall these 12 Divines farmt and spent doesn't help and I think that could demotivate newer players.

If someone feels like they have hit a brick wall, they probably can't farm 12 divines so they will go for the other upgrades anyway.

If someone can farm 12 divines, they are definitely not a new player and they don't need anyone's help. If someone can farm 12 divines, their build can handle almost anything in the game. And if they do it anyway, those rings are in fact a great upgrade and they do help a lot.

There really isn't an issue here other than the minor points already mentioned in the previous posts.
"
Darkscis wrote:
"
Naxek wrote:
If I have maybe 3 divs on hand to try this what are some of the main purchases I ought to make (have a +1 tabula so leveling gear not really an issue) :o Maybe the golden oils?

2x 18% staff
Astramentis
Stampede
+50 int & res pieces for the other slots
Cold to the Core clusters x2
3x Fertile Mind
1x Brute Force Solution

That would be a decent start and probably be well under 2 div still. You don't need gold oils until way later. For starting Steelwood Stance and a 30 Int node are good anoints.

For the last div I would wait and see once you get to a decent level what is really needed - a really high eva/es chest is great once you get lab's done.

What should I be looking for on a fancy chest like that? any particular mods or corrupts? Or just really good rolls?
"
Naxek wrote:
"
Darkscis wrote:
"
Naxek wrote:
If I have maybe 3 divs on hand to try this what are some of the main purchases I ought to make (have a +1 tabula so leveling gear not really an issue) :o Maybe the golden oils?

2x 18% staff
Astramentis
Stampede
+50 int & res pieces for the other slots
Cold to the Core clusters x2
3x Fertile Mind
1x Brute Force Solution

That would be a decent start and probably be well under 2 div still. You don't need gold oils until way later. For starting Steelwood Stance and a 30 Int node are good anoints.

For the last div I would wait and see once you get to a decent level what is really needed - a really high eva/es chest is great once you get lab's done.

What should I be looking for on a fancy chest like that? any particular mods or corrupts? Or just really good rolls?

Roll a Sadist Garb/Carnal Armour with a lot of ES/EV and a int roll. You'd usually want two T3+ affixes like %ES/Ev and +ES/EV. You then craft 6% attributes as a suffix and it should last you for a long time. Buying a fractured base will help a lot.

Once you've got your nicely rolled armour, you can craft implicits by spamming eldritch currency until you get your desired rolls (crit multi for spell damage and either Increased effect of Hatred or less damage per int).

Then you quality the armour. either just 20% or use Hillock in fortification to get up to +28%.

If you want to get fancy with implicits, you can elevate them using Orbs of Conflict, which lower the tier of one of the implicits and elevates the other. Once you've elevated your most precious one ot the highest tier, you spam the highest tier of eldritch currency for the other one until you hit the desired implicit.

So long put short, the affixes should boost int + the base stats as much as possible and you craft +6% attributes and implicits.
"
Mellers127 wrote:
I dont get this

"Step 2:

Gather any warstaff bases with t4 node either 10% STR/10% INT or 10% DEX/10% INT"

That mod only exist with t2?

"10% increased Dexterity 10% increased Intelligence (Tier 2)"

T4 means depth 4, T3 means depth 3 etc.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
toanerz wrote:
Hello,

Any help is appreciated!

Welcome back to the game!

First, get six-linked staves. You can get 30-40% more damage right there and then and it's not that costly.

Finding some room to add Hatred will give you another whooping 20% more damage. It is definitively worth taking the reservation wheel and annointing Charisma.

Your staves really need to give you +18% int. It's a huge upgrade for little cost.

Change your leftmost jewel to a strength to int conversion jewel for +55 flat int, which is huge in this build. The jewel shoudl be a couple chaos at most.

Assassin's Mark is not useful with already two curses on chest. As for the two curses on chest, you absolutely need to get Whispers of Doom, else they overwrite each other. The base limit of curses on a target is 1.

Changing your chest piece to a better base could give you a huge boost in ES. We're talking 2k ES, even if you're not going for the end version with the +%int. Just find a six-link Sadist Garb with one or two good mods that give ES and potentially EV, then craft +6% attributes. It's going to make a huge difference. And the more ES you get, the more leech you also get.

Same for the helmet. The ES amount is very low. Remember that it gets greatly multiplied in an int-stacking build. You can get a good Hubris thingy with +int, +ES and +%ES for 10-15C, then craft a resist you ened, for example.

When you get a bit more budget, switching to cluster jewels with Cold to the Core and Split personnalities with int (use int/EV if you'Re low on currency) is another great boost.

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for your help, gonna work on this asap. Quick question, do the staves need to be 6-linked? I thought only cyclone needed to be linked to cwc.

Sorry, I mean six sockets, you are perfectly right.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Sorry, I mean six sockets, you are perfectly right.

No worries just wanted to make sure, thanks again for your help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info