My cat... Is a jewel thief.

"
haha lmao actually I had same problem... Once upon a time, my cat stole my golden necklase when I slept idk how but I found it in his toilet

Mine is a Siamese... She fetches can you believe that shit. She brings me items, drops them on the floor, and meows at me to throw them. She's adorable...

I hate dogs, I can't stand dogs... I'm a cat person. If dogs weren't so needy and dirty I would change my mind. But the wet dog smell... ugh. Cats are so much better.

She hid the jewelry, I'm not talking about one... She took my Paula Picasso infinity necklace, tiffany sapphire ring, and my David Yurman titanium black diamond ring and hid them at the edge of the carpet. 2 grand...

I also found other things that she has been hiding, paper clips, hair scrunchies, and tooth picks...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
solwitch wrote:

I hate dogs, I can't stand dogs... I'm a cat person. If dogs weren't so needy and dirty I would change my mind. But the wet dog smell... ugh. Cats are so much better.

See that's the thing though. Dogs need you, and by virtue of the symbiotic nature of dog domestication historically, we need(ed) them. It creates a bond. You are not taking your cat duck hunting, fox hunting, into battle, or protecting your home/property.

Cats, and dont get me wrong, I love animals, cats could give a fuck about you or anyone else for that matter. They are moody, independent, selfish, and more than occasionally, quite mean and vindictive. Almost to point of humor, like really cat? What the fuck?

Now that said, if you or your daughter/gf/wife wants a kitten, go down to the shelter and save a life.

Give me a dog anyday. Like the lady that was hiking in California a number of weeks back and a Mountain Lion attacked her. Dog and Mountain Lion got into quite the skirmish even though the dog was severely outclassed. Both the hiker and dog had some bites and scratches, but they came out alive. Dog was willing to lay it on the line.

When she got home from the hospital the cat was wondering what the fucking delay was in getting her dinner, and was pissed.

Spoiler
last part was made up, probably

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Jul 18, 2022, 3:37:53 PM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:

When she got home from the hospital the cat was wondering what the fucking delay was in getting her dinner, and was pissed.

Spoiler
last part was made up, probably

And there it is... That vindictive attitude is why cats are amazing. However contrary to popular belief not all cats are the same. Many especially my Siamese is... well. She's different lol. Cats will guard their owners; actually just the other day I was laying in bed watching tv and my cat hissed at my partner not to get close. She is infatuated with me, follows me everywhere...

Cats think we are these big stupid ogres and I find that fascinating... One of the few domesticated animals worshipped.

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
^

I will say that one thing I find endearing is that Cat's will share their "kills" or things they find with their owners.

"Oh here is a dead bird/mouse for you"

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
^

I will say that one thing I find endearing is that Cat's will share their "kills" or things they find with their owners.

"Oh here is a dead bird/mouse for you"

If my cat brings me something dead my soul would leave my body... I hate mice. Especially since I took a semester of microbiology while living in Hawaii. My teacher was great, he volunteered during the Ebola crisis a few years back in Africa. That man is a genius and I would say he has had a profound effect on me on how I look at the micro world.

Last edited by solwitch on Jul 19, 2022, 12:34:33 AM
"
solwitch wrote:
"
haha lmao actually I had same problem... Once upon a time, my cat stole my golden necklase when I slept idk how but I found it in his toilet

Mine is a Siamese... She fetches can you believe that shit. She brings me items, drops them on the floor, and meows at me to throw them. She's adorable...

She hid the jewelry, I'm not talking about one... She took my Paula Picasso infinity necklace, tiffany sapphire ring, and my David Yurman titanium black diamond ring and hid them at the edge of the carpet. 2 grand...

I also found other things that she has been hiding, paper clips, hair scrunchies, and tooth picks...

Cats will do that kind of thing for their own purposes. I had a little Yorkshire terrier. She thought she was the boss. For the most part I let her keep that illusion. She had this bad habit though when I would be working on something she would grab it or one of the tools I was using and then run off with it. I finally got tired of it and cornered her. I flipped her over on her back and growled at her tummy. She didn't try to be the boss anymore and stopped stealing stuff I was trying to use.

So the cat took that stuff for her own personal collection. The dog took stuff only because she knew I wanted it and she wanted to assert her authority. Or at least that's my theory and example of the difference between dogs and cats.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Jul 19, 2022, 5:50:05 PM
Wow. Those cats are so naughty...

Here is mine.
Cats! Can't live without em, but they sure as hell will give you trouble living with them

I love them so much tho <3
"For we are not now that strength, which in old days moved Earth and Heaven. That which we are, we are; one equal strength of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will: to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, Tennyson

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info