Between Season Race 29: 3 Hour Cutthroat

"
Lure huge exploder pack to waypoint.
Run around so that exploders don't suicide.
Wait for someone to zone in.
Profit.

Add good racers as friend, so you know their character.
Reach ledge b4 them.
???
Profit
Everyone is having so much fun in these races. We need a new Perma-league of this PLEASE CHRIS!
"
Misterfister wrote:
Everyone is having so much fun in these races. We need a new Perma-league of this PLEASE CHRIS!

sign ;)
ign _aintnosunshine

Nur wer gegen den Sturm kotzt hat Mut
Perma Cut-Throat would be amazing
IGN: Kebehsenuf
After watching a few of these races on streams (I myself don't have the skill); one thing I think they should implement is a larger timer on portals to be up and a log-out delay. Does this seem fair or is there a better way to implement something similar? Let me know! I'd like to hear ideas.
Logout in this league kind of sucks
"
After watching a few of these races on streams (I myself don't have the skill); one thing I think they should implement is a larger timer on portals to be up and a log-out delay. Does this seem fair or is there a better way to implement something similar? Let me know! I'd like to hear ideas.

Imo, that wouldn't even be enough. From my experience so far in these leagues, it all comes down to running after somebody that is running towards the nearest waypoint. Which is completely boring and totally against the whole point of cutthroat - fighting each other, not running away like a pussy. More restrictions on using portals ang log-outs would be a great start, though.
"
Dechef wrote:
"

Imo, that wouldn't even be enough. From my experience so far in these leagues, it all comes down to running after somebody that is running towards the nearest waypoint. Which is completely boring and totally against the whole point of cutthroat - fighting each other, not running away like a pussy. More restrictions on using portals ang log-outs would be a great start, though.

Indeed but ask yourself WHY most people run to wp/exits.
Its 1.5 hours into the race now and every single wp in A1 is being camped by someone 10 lvls higher then most common who walk in.

It gets boring PvPing this way, level restrictions (per 5?) for areas is maybe an idea, and if 1 person of lets say lvl 13, is killing a lot and lvls this way to lvl 15 then lvl 9 can't enter his area anymore because the lvl 15 set the bar for the area to lvl 10.
No idea if this can be implemented anyway, but maybe its a good idea.

On a sidenote, PoE NEVER crashed before, but now in 2 cuthroat races it has crashed when fighting against what seemed a full area (max players)
★ IGN: Pinockio_the_Transexual or PM me on forums ★
After investigation we have worked out why the leave-timer was missing on this and previous cut-throat leagues. It will be on subsequent ones.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Starball wrote:

Indeed but ask yourself WHY most people run to wp/exits.
Its 1.5 hours into the race now and every single wp in A1 is being camped by someone 10 lvls higher then most common who walk in.

It gets boring PvPing this way, level restrictions (per 5?) for areas is maybe an idea, and if 1 person of lets say lvl 13, is killing a lot and lvls this way to lvl 15 then lvl 9 can't enter his area anymore because the lvl 15 set the bar for the area to lvl 10.
No idea if this can be implemented anyway, but maybe its a good idea.

People wanna fight so they go to the most populated instance, ganking lowbies is just a side dish. If you want to avoid high level campers make your own instance, and unless you're being hunted you won't be followed.
Last edited by Novalisk on Apr 14, 2013, 7:30:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info