Between Season Race 27: 1 Hour Cut-throat

It's a cool concept and all, but it didn't turn out to be very fun for me. The animations at low levels are so very clunky that it's close to impossible to hit anyone with most skills when they're either kiting or running.
IGN: Womandoggod
Last edited by Sharre on Apr 14, 2013, 10:46:02 AM
Great fun but players deal not enough demage and esc->exit to login is OP I have avoided death many time by using this trick and I haven't binded this to one click/button.

And pvp is 90% made of freezing pulse and other frost spells.

Kill messages should have killer name in it.
GGG please add /kills command that will my killcount

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Apr 14, 2013, 11:02:09 AM
instance invasion without knowing from which entrance players entered the instance leads to stupid tedious searching for players.

I was on the losing-side of the game in this hour and will thus make some suggestions to keep up fun for the naked players:

only relevant in softcore:

-regearing process:
1)there has to be a process to at least be able to get the very basic equipment of a weapon + coral ring after death
2) gem-reapplication priority: after dieing like 10 times i stopped. i was just too annoyed having to reapply my gems over and over. color based priority gem setting to equip it along with the item you picked up would solve this. (eg. via ctrl + 1-9 for each color)

also there should be some sorts of barriers.

it's stupid that the fastest racers just play the game like a normal race being untouchable due to almost nobody being able to invade their instance.

as it is the process of cutthroat just slows down everything behind the top tier
Last edited by SVD on Apr 14, 2013, 11:03:29 AM
Agree with what's been said.

Nearly every melee skill is too clunky to use. I tried heavy strike and shield charge, but it was pointless. I never actually died and actually managed to kill some people in the start because I got this huge one hander from Hillock which 2-shotted people.

But later on people just walked away if they didn't want to fight and the only people who wanted to fight where freeze pulsers who just kept you more or less perma frozen. I don't even understand how.

Trying to hit someone with either of my skills even with a quicksilver flask was useless.

The fact that it is a race ruins it a bit for me as well. Everyone starting out the same means you just progress to the skill/level you want and then pvp at a lvl you feel comfortable at.
Didnt fucking die once. Most fun i,ve had in PoE so far.
Very fun, but there are two things wrong IMO:

1. It's too easy to escape

2. Once you die you're useless

I'd gladly have timers on zoning if I dropped less items upon death.
logout just sux but i got like 20 oneshots with 150 dps flickerstrike :)

zero deaths alot kills
Interesting, some abilities seems to be a bit OP (like flicker) but overall has potential to be lots of fun.

Vendors needs to only have white items though (should be like that for all races) and IMO free for a league like this, after having died with no saved weapon and not enough currency to buy one of the vendor it kinda sucked the fun out of it for a while.

Edit: Would be nice to have a easy to see last visited indicator for the instance manager as well.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Apr 14, 2013, 11:07:38 AM

too bad no prize :(
Isnobest. This post was created in a facility that handles peanuts and may contain traces of nuts
Build of the week (S2E5): 3-dragons incinerate
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/856154

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info